Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Man City (A) Pre-Match

These are prone to a slip and we do have a knack of making it harder for teams like them than they'd like it, which someone like say... Newcastle, wouldn't.

I think it's got 2-0 loss on this one though unfortunately. Not necessarily backlash (I remember similar being said before Arsenal absolutely trounced us 2-1) but just more quality.

We are badly due another win, mind.

Guest seanfox778

I'm hoping that Liverpool defeat really deflates them as they've no chance of catching Chelsea now. Psychologically it could do some damage to them. I just prey we're up for the game.

I'm hoping that Liverpool defeat really deflates them as they've no chance of catching Chelsea now. Psychologically it could do some damage to them. I just prey we're up for the game.

I reckon it might do the opposite and spur them on...

3-1 loss is my prediction.

Scwhartzer

Morgan     Huth      Wasil

De Laet    Cambiasso    James   Schlupp

Vardy      Kramaric      Mahrez

would be my choice, but i think Pearson will go with

Schwartzer

Morgan   Huth   Upson

Simpson  Cambiasso James Konch

Mahrez     Kramaric     Schlupp

Either way, we will put up a fight against a team that has pretty much been knocked out of the champions league and title race.

If we take the game to Man City and put them under pressure they will panic as they know losing is not an option. Were as good as relegated so we might aswel just go for it. If we get a pasting then so be it. We cant play like goal difference is going to be our saviour we need to get points on the board.

Any Goalkeeper

Simpson    Was    Huth    Konch

Hammond

Mahrez   James    Cambiasso    Schluup

Kramaric

Please go 5 in the middle for this one Nige... ta.

This.

Forget this 5 at the back nonsense. Drop Morgan and get Hammond in the middle to protect the back 4 and break up play. Let Cambiasso feed Mahrez and Schluup with Kramaric ghosting into the box. Let Kramaric show Aguero how its done :thumbup:

If we take the game to Man City and put them under pressure they will panic as they know losing is not an option. Were as good as relegated so we might aswel just go for it. If we get a pasting then so be it. We cant play like goal difference is going to be our saviour we need to get points on the board.

Any Goalkeeper

Simpson    Was    Huth    Konch

Hammond

Mahrez   James    Cambiasso    Schluup

Kramaric

Quite like this

I think we should view this as an opportunity to try something different with a view to the rest of the season.

However, we all know that it will be 5-4-1 and probably the same personnel. Morgan ain't going anywhere.

If he starts vardy instead of mahrez, surely everyone will quote the Man U experiment? I expect an an unchanged lineup

Wasn't suggesting either of them play on the wing. Suggesting one of them should maybe get a run alongside Kramaric. I'd sacrifice Schlupp personally. Surely we won't play two in the middle against Man City? Five at the back is nonsense too. Upson is a waste of a position

People still predicting losses by more than 2 goals. Why?

Against the top teams we've hardly ever been out of a game and then we lose narrowly to the teams around us

You've got to remember that most people on this site are pessimistic and don't want the team to do well.

You've got to remember that most people on this site are pessimistic and don't want the team to do well.

I think everybody wants the team to do well, but most are either pessimistic or realistic. Or a bit of both. We are bottom of the league after all.

Much like our trip to Old Trafford following our home thrashing of Man Utd.... Man City will surely be motivated like never before following their own disastrous week

This battle will be won or lost in midfield, so I don't think our now favoured back 5 will help us out here and a switch to 451 (or one of its many variations) is called for, Kram is in a different class to Vardy when it comes to be a lone forward (as he was in the reverse fixture)

Hamer

RDL Morgan Huth Konchesky

Mahrez James Hammond Cambiasso Schlupp

Kram

Schwartzer, Nugent, Vardy, Drinkwater, Upson, Albrighton, King

I'd normally pick Nugent to start every day of the week as the team plays with a a far higher tempo with him on the pitch, and indeed I think he may be better starting upfront in place of Kram and doing his defending from the front job, cutting out the passing lanes from the back to midfield & that Kram might be better coming on for the final 30 once Nugent's work-rate has fractionally diminished City's back line and Kram may not have to work as hard to find space later on... But this is FT, so selecting Nuge is suicide

I'm not convinced anything we do will affect the result though, because all season long - not having the tactics of playing a CM as a CDM has cost us in practically every defeat, it is a key position in the top flight

I just hope we try and get a win and play with some intent unlike our pathetic showing at Old Trafford. I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet, so we have to try and score a goal, preferably first. I think the best bet would seem to be playing Nugent behind Kramaric in a 4-4-1-1

I just hope we try and get a win and play with some intent unlike our pathetic showing at Old Trafford. I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet, so we have to try and score a goal, preferably first. I think the best bet would seem to be playing Nugent behind Kramaric in a 4-4-1-1

Agreed, Kramaric has been far too isolated recently, Nuge will create something

For me we're likely going to lose anyway even if we either sit back or attack, so lets just go out all out attack, treat this like an big cup day away.

Hamer

De Laet

Wasileswki

Huth

Schlupp

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Kram

Nugent

Bench:  Scwhartzer, Morgan, Hammond, Konchesky, Ulloa, Drinkwater & Vardy