Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Schlupp signs for Crystal Palace - £12.5m

I think Jeff needed to move on tbh. Best of luck to him at Palace.

Still the most bizarre footballer I've ever seen. Palace fan at work asked me if he's any good my reply was 'he's either brilliant or absolutely dreadful, he doesn't do good'.

at £12.5m we've robbed them blind - hats off to Rudkin/Macia/whoever negotiated the deal. At 19, you could see why someone might bid big for a player with his potential, but at 24 it seems pretty clear to me he had never really developed into the player we all thought he could, he never improved his end product and you'd bet your house on him clearing the stadium if he ever went through on goal. One of the most frustrating players to put on the shirt in the past 5-6 years, not because he didn't have the ability, but because we all knew what he needed to do and he simply didn't have the footballing brain to do what he needed. If you've got pace, run at players - he rarely did - and lets face it, he had nothing else to his game really and always looked like a rabbit in headlights when he received the ball.

I hate to be so critical of one of our youth products, but he was just going to waste away here if we didn't move him on - we gave him a fair crack of the whip though.

Sad to see an academy graduate leave, even if it is good deal. It's all been said already but he is a capable player let down by any intelligence whatsoever. I don't think he's ever been consistently good for 45 mins, let alone a run of games. 

I dont one think he improves palace, does he get in ahead of Zaha and Townsend? I know zaha is away for a bit. 

Good luck to him, will get a clap when he returns. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sad to see an academy graduate leave, even if it is good deal. It's all been said already but he is a capable player let down by any intelligence whatsoever. I don't think he's ever been consistently good for 45 mins, let alone a run of games. 

I dont one think he improves palace, does he get in ahead of Zaha and Townsend? I know zaha is away for a bit. 

Good luck to him, will get a clap when he returns. 

Big Sam is quoted as say he'll bring strength and experience to the defence, so looks like he's playing left back, and not competing with Zaha and Townsend.

I have a feeling the best may yet be to come for Jeff. He's still young and now has a point to prove. And however much I dislike Allardyce, I can see him getting a tune out of Schlupp. Could end up being a shrewd signing by Palace even though we might think we've got the best end of the deal. I wish him well and new team mates and surroundings could be the making of him and really kick start his career. Wouldn't be surprised if he came back and haunted us one day either...

37 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Who takes up the mantel of chief comedy player now? Need to get this sorted in the window as a priority 

Dont worry I'm sure someone will step up and ...    'It'll be Albrighton the night' ...     :)

Wow! £12.5m!? For Schlupp? We've not done badly, have we?

That's an astronomical fee for a seriously limited backup player, who clearly wanted to get away. More than we got for Heskey! He's got bags of pace, but very little else. I want to thank him for playing a part in probably the greatest era in the club's history, but I don't think we'll miss him.

Is this the best sale we've ever made? Because I really think it will be hard to beat. Ever.

Archived