Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Ranieri experiment failed.  The first goal was poor, the team were still adjusting to the new formation.

After that we composed ourselves and without testing the goal keeper, did ok

Second half was awful!

Alot people on here wanted CR to play 3 at the back, 5 in the middle.  Unfortunately it did not work.

I'm struggling to point fingers at any of the players.  Other then Ndidi, everyone else looked lost.

However no matter what formation you play, if you defend like that, you will lose.  CR has to replace the back line, it has had its day

What a complete shit show that was. 

Sorry CR but you got tactically outclassed today - Albrighton played more RB than RM first half, strange subs, flat upfront. 

Im sick of watching pointless long throws as our only hope of an 'attack' 

performance first half gave abit of hope but we got completely turned over second half. 

Will have to log on Fifa to smash a few big wins to remind me of the good old days 

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

Musa is ****ing dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. £15 million for him? **** sake man 

Here we go again,blame Musa,how about the senile old **** who ****in changed the system again when we were unbeaten in 3 with 2 clean sheets.Ranieiri out for me now,ive had enough he completed it last season,retire.

Tactical clueless from CR, players look total confused! Managed to pick a formation that left our most consistent defender on the bench.

Vardy had about 19 touches due to a formation that far to defensive.

We needed to make Moses and Alonso, defend, instead our formation invited them on.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ken Bates at Chelsea once sacked Ruud Gulit and brought in Luca Vialli as his replacement. Chelsea were second in the league at the time. Everyone thought he was crazy. His answer. Some managers are long term. Some have a great initial effect and you have to take the benefit of that effect and get rid before it wears off. 

Ranieri falls into into that bracket. His easy laid back persona works with players initially. Once it wears off, players know they can get away with most things. The teams start to slide (i.e. His career). He is not a long term planner he never has been and our squad this season is testament to that. He needs to go because the effect has worn off. We need a builder a planner for the future a proactive, not reactive manager. 

I am am not trying to forget last year I just don't feel safe with him at the helm for the future. We have spent way too much money in the last six months to be looking up at teams like Burnley and having massive gaps in our squad that this window is a make or bust.

Sorry to quote the entire post. I am saddened to find myself feeling slightly similar but sacking Claudio would achieve nothing. Long term id like to see Diego Simone. 

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Very very poor, second half especially.

Anyone complaining about 4-4-2 now?

Funnily enough today we should of played 4-4-2

first half not much in it

second half we were poor

chelsea I didn't think we're that good? We were just poor, not acceptable at home

2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Musa is ****ing dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. £15 million for him? **** sake man 

World beater against Everton. Willy beater against Chelsea.  A tad inconsistent, then...

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't know if it has anything to do with tactics. We're playing rancid anti-football almost every week. 

I agree with the poor football but we were outclassed on both flanks and that was mostly due to not having full backs. If you've got a midfield 3 with two dm style players in ndidi and mendy then 3 centre backs aren't needed. The system works for Chelsea because Kante does the dm job very well and they essentially have another player.

Our defence is just shocking. Morgan is useless but will never be dropped. 

I thought we were decent first half though, despite us conceding that first goal. 

We are going to miss Slimani though. Vardy is ineffective nowadays with lack of movement. Ulloa not really great. Okazaki offers nothing but running around and Musa is about the same most appearances. 

Thought Drinkwater and Fuchs were both awful and happy for them to be dropped next match. Chilwell and Ndidi were decent, Mendy had a steady game. 

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Pathetic.

No link between Vardy and the rest. Should've been Shinji in there for Musa, If you're gonna play 3-5-2. 

Then the 1st sub was just bizarre. Claudio has had one there! Headless chickens from there on in.

Notice how far apart the two strikers were today? I can't remember any real link up between each other. Never a good sign that. They were not on each other's wavelength at all.

However, the problem is much bigger than this. Not replacing either Morgan or Huth in the summer was criminal really.

How can people say Ndidi and Chilwell did alright?

Ndidi looks clumsy, passing was poor. 

Chilwell was in a defence that conceded 3!

Just now, BenTheFox said:

People are blaming the system. The system isn't struggling to make a simple pass or create any form of cut chance. Too many non-footballers in this team. I'm worried about us, I must say. 

Well what are they doing on the training ground then? I could go to my local park and watch an u12 side pass it better than us

Archived