Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Southampton AWAY Pre Match

Kasper 

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Albrighton

Ndidi

Drinky

Gray

Okazaki

Musa

Interested to see how Ndidi does in a midfield two, we won't know if we don't try it. Also think Vardy has been too lazy with his pressing etc... it might be an instruction from Claudio, but it's horrible to see. Give the moose a well-deserved chance to start up-top on his own.

Guest CityFan 06

I've got a sense we might just win this one, our first away victory of the season.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mendy

Ndidi

Drinkwater

Gray

Okazaki

Musa

Seeing as we never seem to change the way we play until it is too late, I am not holding out for much hope. Our defenders and Albrighton chipping longs balls for Van Dijk to deal with the whole game doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Play Gray. 

0-0 or 2-0 to Saints

We should play 433 for this with Gray and Fuchs looking to get forward and attack with the ball on the floor.  They seem to be the only players who can attack and get a cross to come in low or cut back rather than Albrighton pumping them in high as soon he he gets the ball.  The times when Albrighton has carried the ball forward and has gotten close to the area for a shot or short cross/pass he has looked more dangerous.

Hopefully Morgan and Huth wont be playing so deep that Drinky always has to drop back to collect the ball with his back to goal.  We can't keep on pumping the ball upfield for us to instantly give it back.  We need Ndidi and Drinky to work together and try to move the ball forward on the floor, or the very least close to Vardy to run onto.

Thankfully Soton have been struggling.  I think we can get at them, providing we attack and try to look positive rather than the usual slow passing around the back where the ball usually ends up with Morgan or Kasper punting it out or back to the opposition.

On 18 January 2017 at 22:34, TK95 said:

First time I'm going Southampton away. Any recommendations for somewhere to eat/have a pint before the game?

Although its 12:00 bloody sky will have to do with a brunch.:rolleyes:

Getting there by train if that helps

Plenty of pubs in Above Bar (main shopping street). Went to Varsity last time, but think it is now closed. Weather spoons was decent, will try to find name and update later.  See you there

The Standing Order, 30 High Street

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Going down for this one. Horrid kick-off time but 20 quid tickets (well done to Southampton) and cheap-ish trains from London got me hooked. 

Home win, obviously. Would at least like to see us score a goal.

it's actually Virgin Media you have to thank

Stat time 

• Saints have won just one of their last seven league meetings with Leicester (D2 L4), including two defeats in the Championship in 2011-12.
  • However, Leicester have never won a Premier League game at St Mary's (D3 L1), last beating Southampton away in the competition 2-1 at the Dell in April 2000.
  • Southampton's next home defeat will be their 100th in the Premier League.
  • Jamie Vardy scored both of Leicester's goals in this fixture last season, as the Foxes came from 2-0 down to earn a point.
  • Southampton have lost their last four Premier League games, something they last did in December 2014. They've not lost five in the same top-flight season since 1998/99.
  • The only reigning top-flight champion to have fewer points after 21 games than Leicester City have currently are Ipswich Town 1962/63 (18, assuming three for a win).
  • Southampton have the lowest shot conversion rate of any Premier League side this season (6.1%).
  • The Foxes are still waiting for the first away league win since April 2016 (D5 L7).
  • Saints last failed to score in three successive Premier League matches in February 2015.
  • Claudio Ranieri's side have led in just five Premier League games this season, totalling 308 minutes.

Archived