Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Eh?

Charlie Austin scored 19 goals in a far, far, far tougher league and his value hasn't been matched at 15m yet.

Afobe, after a decent 5 months, is not even worth half that.

lol

****ing hell. A few months of form in the Championship and we're turning down 15 million, what on earth is going on?

I take it you'd accept £10m for Mahrez if it was offered then?

After all he's only had three decent games in the Prem this season.

I take it you'd accept £10m for Mahrez if it was offered then?

After all he's only had three decent games in the Prem this season.

Mahrez would go for at least double that in today's market. Not at least because he's a full Algerian international.

And he's put in a couple of very decent performances last season, as well. It all adds up.

Ray Wilkins was on talk sport sometime last year and he said he was instrumental in Matic leaving Chelsea the first time. He said he wasn't big enough , is it only clubs in England who are bothered about having 6"+ sized players.

6" ?? is he planning on being in the Stonehenge set for spinal tap?

Man C will have spent 150m plus if the DeBruyne deal is real... Crazy money!!  Can any team other than Man U & Chelsea compete?  The EPL is going to be a three or four team race every year unless changes are made.

Mahrez would go for at least double that in today's market. Not at least because he's a full Algerian international.

And he's put in a couple of very decent performances last season, as well. It all adds up.

Thank you for making my point for me.

£55m for de Bruyne lol lol lol Wolfsburg must be pissing their pants, that basically funds their wage bill for a season. He is very good and admittedly was the best player in the Bundesliga last season but this trend of buying players for astronomical fees on the back of one good season has got to stop.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Mahrez had a very good half season when we got promoted, was unanimously selected as one of the brightest players throughout last season in the Prem and is now on fire.

He's played in the recent World Cup too. What has Afobe done do warrant the same kind of fee?

Mahrez had a very good half season when we got promoted, was unanimously selected as one of the brightest players throughout last season in the Prem and is now on fire.

He's played in the recent World Cup too. What has Afobe done do warrant the same kind of fee?

Afobe had a very good half season after we bought him, was the top scorer in the country for that season (getting unanimous praise in the media), and is STILL on fire.

Strikers always go for big fees. Afobe has done more than enough to warrant £10m+ with the silly fees being thrown around at the minute.

And regards Mahrez in the World Cup, he made one appearance for a minor African nation. Nothing that would enhance his value massively.

My point is, you'll quite happily big up your own player's value after three good games, yet a player who has been banging them in regularly for the last 8 months is suddenly overpriced.

Afobe had a very good half season after we bought him, was the top scorer in the country for that season (getting unanimous praise in the media), and is STILL on fire.

Strikers always go for big fees. Afobe has done more than enough to warrant £10m+ with the silly fees being thrown around at the minute.

And regards Mahrez in the World Cup, he made one appearance for a minor African nation. Nothing that would enhance his value massively.

My point is, you'll quite happily big up your own player's value after three good games, yet a player who has been banging them in regularly for the last 8 months is suddenly overpriced.

You're in the championship, let that sink in. You're asking for more money than QPR want for someone proven in the division above in Austin. Around the same as WBA want for Berahino who again has proven his premier league quality. Chelsea have just signed a medal laden Pedro for just over £20m. £20m for Afobe is madness. In the last few years we've seen numerous players who've scored a ton of goals in the championship struggle to do so in the division above, so why would he be any different. No team, especially one that's going to be in the lower half of the table is going to spunk £20m on a striker keep them up when he might not cut it. £10m is the around the very best you could hope for.

You're in the championship, let that sink in. You're asking for more money than QPR want for someone proven in the division above in Austin. Around the same as WBA want for Berahino who again has proven his premier league quality. Chelsea have just signed a medal laden Pedro for just over £20m. £20m for Afobe is madness. In the last few years we've seen numerous players who've scored a ton of goals in the championship struggle to do so in the division above, so why would he be any different. No team, especially one that's going to be in the lower half of the table is going to spunk £20m on a striker keep them up when he might not cut it. £10m is the around the very best you could hope for.

This! Absolutely ludicrous the money being thrown at bang average/unproven players.

Of course the value of players to their own team is different to their market value

But look at the circumstances, Pedro wanted to leave and was not in Barca's first team, he will be cheaper than trying to get an established first team player.

Regards Austin, he has 1 year left on his contract and can go for free in the summer.

Berahino has 2 years left and has already stated he wants to move on to bigger things.

Afobe is happy at the club has 3 years left on his contract, Wolves don't want to sell, the player doesn't want to leave. If he does leave for more money than Austin then it doesn't mean he is a better player, just circumstances meant that his club could negotiate from a much stronger position.

People need to stop obsessing over transfer fees with the amount of money sloshing around football it is largely irrelevant amounts to most premier league clubs.

Don't get me wrong the valuations are crazy and money is potentially ruining the game, but Wolves trying to protect a valued asset and if they are going to lose him, get as much money for him as possible is not laughable it is sound business practice. they shouldn't just sell at the first whiff of a profit or because one of the big boys is splashing the cash.

Three good games... Are you a moron?

But look at the circumstances, Pedro wanted to leave and was not in Barca's first team, he will be cheaper than trying to get an established first team player.

Regards Austin, he has 1 year left on his contract and can go for free in the summer.

Berahino has 2 years left and has already stated he wants to move on to bigger things.

Afobe is happy at the club has 3 years left on his contract, Wolves don't want to sell, the player doesn't want to leave. If he does leave for more money than Austin then it doesn't mean he is a better player, just circumstances meant that his club could negotiate from a much stronger position.

People need to stop obsessing over transfer fees with the amount of money sloshing around football it is largely irrelevant amounts to most premier league clubs.

Don't get me wrong the valuations are crazy and money is potentially ruining the game, but Wolves trying to protect a valued asset and if they are going to lose him, get as much money for him as possible is not laughable it is sound business practice. they shouldn't just sell at the first whiff of a profit or because one of the big boys is splashing the cash.

Oh I totally agree with all that, but the Bear is trying to justify the fee based on quality of the player, I could see no better way of pointing out that's mental. Of course Wolves won't want to sell, and with the riches on offer for going up this season I don't they should, but for him to bleat on about top scorer in the country, 15 in 25 etc to justify a £20m price tag for a player who never played at the top level is ludicrous. Wolves should hold out for as much as they can, if someone is stupid enough to pay £20m plus then good for them. Same as if someone came in with a £40m offer for Albrighton. I'd be delighted we'd got that money but I wouldn't be taking to the internet justifying that he's worth that.

I think Facecloths been incredibly patient with this bear fellow.  3 good games.  :nigel: 

I suppose he didn't have much need to follow the Prem last year or the Championship the year before that so we can let him off a little bit.

Archived