Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

love to be in the europa league, we'd be bollocks in it mind

Yes watching us play on a thursday night in front of 8,000 people against Spartak Pringles on channel five. Its the stuff dreams are made of.

Yes watching us play on a thursday night in front of 8,000 people against Spartak Pringles on channel five. Its the stuff dreams are made of.

Or get into the group stage where you could possibly be playing the likes of Dortmund, Bilbao, Fenerbache.

I would bloody love a Thursday night in Europe no matter where we were playing.

Anybody saying they wouldn't want Leicester in Europe is a fool.

I'd love to see us away in Europe, wouldn't bother me if it was France, Spain or Germany or Russia, Turkey or Khazakstan.

Exactly. The Europa League has it's problems but we'd be off our heads to not want to experience at least a year or two of it. Plus, the more obscure the better.

If we were in the Europa would we be like everyone else and field a weakened team, and get knocked out so that we have a better chance of qualifying for it again? I ****ing hope not.

English teams give the competition no respect. Fulham and Middlesbrough gave it a go, and im sure they would prefer the memories that gave over finishing 9th instead if 14th

lol our fans turning their nose up at the Europa League. Its the highest level we have ever played at and now our only chance of playing in the Champions League.

Look at some of the Clubs in the draw for the group stages! The idea that the EL is made up entirely of no-marks is completely old hat.

Here are some examples of groups we could have found ourselves in were we in the draw this season.

Dortmund, Fiorentina, Monaco, Leicester City

Napoli, Celtic, Fenerbahce, Leicester City

Schalke, Lazio, St. Etienne, Leicester City

The list of combinations goes on. Just because the top 6 think its tinpot doesnt mean we should. It could be amazing.

lol our fans turning their nose up at the Europa League. Its the highest level we have ever played at and now our only chance of playing in the Champions League.

Look at some of the Clubs in the draw for the group stages! The idea that the EL is made up entirely of no-marks is completely old hat.

Here are some examples of groups we could have found ourselves in were we in the draw this season.

Dortmund, Fiorentina, Monaco, Leicester City

Napoli, Celtic, Fenerbahce, Leicester City

Schalke, Lazio, St. Etienne, Leicester City

The list of combinations goes on. Just because the top 6 think its tinpot doesnt mean we should. It could be amazing.

i'd take any of those, the fear of relegation due to the tv money is just so great that clubs just aren't interested, but as a fan i'd love it, if we can progress to be like stoke or swansea, with no real fear of going down, i would take a 12th place finish, along with winning a cup. So the following season we had european football.

Although not a fan of watching the europa league without my team, I do wish the group stage had existed when we won our cups, our european venture was all to brief.

It is weird how it adversely effects English clubs, but not teams from other countries.

It can't be because we have to play Thursday and Sunday, we play Wednesday and Saturday with no issue, it can't be because it is a Sunday and upsets the rhythm, both teams play on the Sunday not just the one that played in the Europa league.

It could be that they are playing an extra 10 games and that effects fitness and fatigue, but this isn't the case for teams in the Champions League, or who have long cup runs. I think it has just become a psychological thing now.

Should we qualify, I would want us to take it seriously, otherwise what is the point in any of it, but I would understand if we completely sacrificed the League cup, playing our academy players, and the FA Cup, if we were still involved at that point

I can't believe our own fans wouldn't want us in the Europa League, it'd be fantastic.

Anybody saying they wouldn't want Leicester in Europe is a fool.

I'd love to see us away in Europe, wouldn't bother me if it was France, Spain or Germany or Russia, Turkey or Khazakstan.

Exactly. The Europa League has it's problems but we'd be off our heads to not want to experience at least a year or two of it. Plus, the more obscure the better.

I joined my Newcastle supporting mate on a couple of trips when they were in it a couple of seasons back. Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine was great fun. I'd be all over it if we got there.

Guest MattP

As above. Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading.

Football is supposed to be about enjoying yourself, travelling and trying to win trophies for fans, not worrying about how much the owners will get from television money next season.

Archived