Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

It's the timing that's weird and surprising - go back three months and huge portion of our fans wanted him gone. The owners stuck by him through the FOAD, McArthur and ostrich incidents and the tragic run of form. He then guides us to 14th, signs Fuchs, Huth and Okazaki and then we sack him? It's ****ing bizarre.

But as we all pointed out, it was pointless sacking him then.

A lot of fans said "if we stay up or go down he'll probably be gone" and they've been proved right.

Lets be realistic.  Pearson was not capable at this flight.  Preforming a miracle does not mean he is that good.  He somehow unfvcked the season at the end which I love, however for the whole year he was pretty much dire, in the game and out.  I have always been unsure of Pearson in the premiership; many others did a while ago too.  Something is in the works for sure.

A lot of people slamming the owners.  Lets remember that these owners have not made many bad decisions.  They have done an unbelievable job and have never done us over.  I trust them more than Pearson.  Can hardly be a rushed decision, how long did they take to sack the 3 players caught up in the scandal?  They are a calculated group and I think if they made this call, we ought to wait for more official information before we rush to the "i want a refund" posts.  Something happened and I believe it has been in the works for some time.  Lets wait and find out, the owners deserve that much at least.

Yep, that's it. Worst post i've ever seen on Foxestalk. 14th place finish but not good enough for the premier league? Have a word. 

Noticed a lot of people slating Nige have under 20 posts, has Bentleys leaked?

The owners must know that many fans will be dismayed - hence their reference to having the interest of the club at heart. 

We will have to wait and see what the reasoning was... was it a rational decision for the future after deep thought or has there been a big tiff.  I expect the latter -  I have managed all sorts of people in my life and I bet managing Nige was a bit of a roller coaster... I don't think the problem with his son was at the root of it - unless he sought to defend such behaviour as shenanigans (... on a club trip!). 

One possibility is the Owners want to build the lcfc brand in asia and wanted the sign okazaki for longterm commercial advantage ( hence finical clout to help build the team)   - yet this signing has been on the cards for a long time and so I don't see why they would have a tiff now. 

So: I expect it came down to ambition - the owners wanted to set high targets and Nigel trying to set lower expectations - i.e. "musical differences" (rather than yoko).

But we will have to wait and see...

For my money I would have liked to see a season or two of stability - mid table stability - and then if Nigel wasn't the person to manage a push into the top 5 or 6  (...tactically wanting or unable to deal with the more egotistical personalities)  then that could be addressed in 2018 or so.  Hence the fact that it has happened now suggests a tiff.  

I hope the owners have a candidate in mind before calling for the taxi.  I am worried about the quality of their decision making record though! Sven?

Cambiasso?

Whether you like him or not, Pearson is the only good appointment in the last 10 years. Levein, Kelly, Allen, Megson, Holloway, Sousa and Sven- in combination their highest finish was 10th in the Championship.

Various owners and boards have made appointments and only one has been successful. Forgive us for feeling a little trepidation right now.

If it's Roberto D with Cambiasso I could probably handle it.

But this is friggin weird.

Pearson surely cannot have been defending his son. If mine had done that I'd have personally pulled his bollocks off and sacked him myself.

Staggered!!!

Lets be realistic.  Pearson was not capable at this flight.  Preforming a miracle does not mean he is that good.  He somehow unfvcked the season at the end which I love, however for the whole year he was pretty much dire, in the game and out.  I have always been unsure of Pearson in the premiership; many others did a while ago too.  Something is in the works for sure.

A lot of people slamming the owners.  Lets remember that these owners have not made many bad decisions.  They have done an unbelievable job and have never done us over.  I trust them more than Pearson.  Can hardly be a rushed decision, how long did they take to sack the 3 players caught up in the scandal?  They are a calculated group and I think if they made this call, we ought to wait for more official information before we rush to the "i want a refund" posts.  Something happened and I believe it has been in the works for some time.  Lets wait and find out, the owners deserve that much at least.

Yeah yeah yeah, here they all come.

No, taking a side up and securing a lower mid-table finish in your first season isn't at all showing yourself to be capable. And the owners 'not made many bad decisions'. Well, they were supposedly behind ushering NP out the first time, meaning it cost us millions to get him back, and three years for him to get us back into the play-offs, where we'd been when he left. And this decision does sort of look like a bad decision, doesn't it?

Blown sideways with this news. Like everyone on here... WTF!!

It's frustrating not having the clarity of the reason why.." Relationship no longer viable" Is non descript and its bleeding obvious there's some kind of difference. But what?

Sackin of son?

Ozaki deal. May have been tracking him for 2 yrs if reports are to be believed, but doesn't mean Pearson wanted him. Have the owners bought him for PR? Has the board requested he gets played above others which Pearson disagreed on.? I hope not btw

Have the board got bigger ambitions than we as fans even have and have some kind of unthinkable boss lined up like Achellotti?! But then I ask why the decent signings in recent weeks if planning to replace him?

Got to trust the owners is what I'm telling myself.. Big decision! We are(were) building something good on the pitch by only adding players that make us stronger.. are the owners doing likewise with the management? Gotta f**cking hope so!!

Give the owners a break! Everyone going on as if it's the end of the world. Let's see who is appointed first and then give them a bit of time too before everyone starts putting the boot in. Remember Pearson was given plenty of time.

For all we know the owners probably think he has taken us as far as he can can? The relationship could of been pushed to far apart by Pearsons antics and madness?

Also everyone pointing out the last 9 games!!! What about the rest of the games before that?

We finished 14th in our first season back in the top flight for a decade.  That's all that matters.

Yep, that's it. Worst post i've ever seen on Foxestalk. 14th place finish but not good enough for the premier league? Have a word. 

Don't forget all the ones that wanted him gone in February and said "even if we stay up he should be fired". Where are they now?

KEEGAN EMERGES AS UNLIKELY RUNNER IN RACE FOR LEICESTER CITY JOB

Leicester are considering a management team of Kevin Keegan and Lee Clark

29 October 2011

The early gamble on Martin O’Neill to take over from Sven Goran Eriksson to take over at Leicester City has been well and truly foiled with O’Neill now as big as 6/1 to take the job.

Once a short odds-on favourite, O’Neill has seen his price drift further and further over the past few days and the former Leicester favourite looks highly unlikely to be tempted back to the club whom he led to the Premier League back in 1995.

Instead, current Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark is now the 1/1 favourite to take over the job and considering Huddersfield are on a 39-match unbeaten league run, it’s easy to see why Clark is wanted.

However, a move for Clark would be a risk with the 39-year-old’s only managerial experience coming at Huddersfield, and it has emerged today that Kevin Keegan may be the man to form a partnership with Clark.

Keegan is 5/1 to be the next Leicester boss and it is reported in today’s Daily Mail that Leicester are considering a managerial team of Keegan and Clark.

Considering Clark’s strong showing as Huddersfield manager, it would be a bit unfair of Leicester to hand Keegan the managerial job with Clark as an understudy and it would be more likely that Keegan takes up a director role.

The two have a relationshipfrom when Clark played under Keegan at Newcastle, but Clark, who has stated his commitment to Huddersfield, may not want to work under his former manager.

Leicester are still to ask Huddersfield for permission to speak to Clark and the 39-year-old is not looking to engineer a move away.

Clark may be the 1/1 favourite but Leicester will have to entice him and the promise of working under Keegan would not be that enticing to anyone, suggesting Keegan is the best bet for the Leicester job at 6/1.

We sign a number of players on 4 year deal. We sign a loanee who made an impact with the previous manager.

There's no logic of how this football club works. If the relationship was wearing thin, why hand out large contracts for players of Pearson's 'players' ? Why back a man with £8 million of your money? Why not deal with this sex tape thing more decisively?

The chemistry of the squad plus the long contracts means this could all go very pear.

No-one bothered going on there after the reinstatement last season, so don't know why some of them feel the need to come on here, some celebrating...

The saving grace is, the ones who would wait forever, even if he was at the club for six seasons and won 3 League Cups and an FA Cup and it all went sour one season and our run ended and we went down, the ones who would after that time say "I told you he was shit." They will never be proved right.

But as we all pointed out, it was pointless sacking him then.

A lot of fans said "if we stay up or go down he'll probably be gone" and they've been proved right.

I don't think this is a football thing no one could have seen this coming.

Archived