Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Losing with a goal in the last second by bad defending is a horrible way to lose, but we have had the run of the green a lot of the season if im honest and this is only one game and we are still top of the league in a good position to get champions league football or even go on to win the title.

I can't see this messing the players heads up all it seems to be doing is messing the fans heads up, Claudio is a professional and we play game to game so put it in the rear view mirror and move on.

Kante deservedly man of the match today. He was invredible first half. Second half he was limited to what he could do like the rest of the team due to Simpsons sending off but first half he ran the show.

Wtf is all this Was bashing? Comments like you can't wait to see him gone, overrated, fuch right off to another club you ungrateful bastards.

To be fair to Was he was quite solid defensively up until the silly foul he gave away which resulted in the winning goal.

I agree, other than with the King comment.

When you need energy and people throwing their bodies on the line, King is not the person to bring on.

I agree but Albrighton was shattered, we needed fresh legs and looking at the bench there wasn't many options. King, Ulloa, Dyer or Chilwell.

We couldn't put Ulloa on, Dyer would seem obvious choice as he is right winger but his recent performances have been very below par and is always a disaster waiting to happen and we already had Fuchs on. At least you know Kingy would give 100% and play it safe

Wtf is all this Was bashing?  Comments like you can't wait to see him gone, overrated, fuch right off to another club you ungrateful bastards.

I dont want him to leave or shower abuse on him

But he is supposedly a senior player. An an experienced senior player does not deliberately jump into someone in the 4th min of injury time at 1-1 and allow them to put the ball in the box.

It was brainlessly stupid, and he has totally let himself and his team mates down.

Man so gutted. I said when walcant came on that he would score. I said the same for unwellbeck. Blame me.

That said. I feel like knockin out the arsenal players (probably would get done in but my mind says i'd jean van claude them all), the fans (who were only heard singing at the end of the game otherwise moaning for calls) and also the twat announcers (the bias and total disrespect was disgusting).

At the end of the day the referee did not control this game foul wise from the start. Calls and noncalls both ways (cant be biased there).

Simpson sending off was wank but ultimately he put himself in the situation and it cost us dearly. Still rate him but not his finest game today with those two yellows (soft or not).

Wasil you absolute tosser! No need for that cantona-esque challenge lol. Another in the moment silly mental mistake and I think we all saw what was about to come.

I dislike wengers mug. i dislike everything arsenal but i can say the same for any teams outside of lcfc.

We lost a close one and even though im sour right now im proud of how we played against a team who should be ahead of us all day everyday.

We continue to show we mean business and have fun doing it. We had a few tough cards and fouls there but personal mistakes not team ones. No pressure on us. We have surpassed expectations and will continue to do so for the rest of this season. Still top, still boss, still gunna win the league!

A last minute winner for Arsenal against 10 men and this place goes into meltdown! Unbelievable!

Vardy was a penalty in the first half. Monreal left his leg out in the penalty area.

Mahrez should of had a penalty in second half, not given because ref bottled it.

CR got tactics spot on.

CR got substitutions spot on! Was is an obvious choice to go RB, Mahrez went off due to work rate, we was always going to be chasing shadows. Gray offered speed and energy, a harder working Mahrez as such. King came on just to try and see the game out.

Was isn't finished. He did actually had a good game against Sanchez.

Before this game and before the Liverpool game it was a game we probably all expected to lose so nothing to get too disheartened about. Just a sucker blow to conceded last kick of the game.

We are still top of the league.

We now have very winnable games as the other 3 have some harder fixtures, cup competitions and Europe.

How about everyone actually gets behind the team rather than critisising them for a harsh defeat and only there 3rd of the season ffs!!

Spot on

My god I wish some of you lot would chill the **** out. We've only lost three all season. We were unlucky today but we were also stupid. And hopefully, we will bounce straight back in a few weeks time. Chill out for Christ sake.

A bit devastating and two bits of stupidity cost us, but we can't let ourselves get too down about it. Arsenal have proved to be our toughest opponents this season an it's easy to see why. Their way of playing is very similar to ours , they're great at utilising space and to be honest I don't think there is another team in the league that can cause us problems like they do - I always fancied us more against Man City, who are a slow, calculated build up side and not a quick passing pacey team like Arsenal.

Arguably, had we kept 11 men on the field we'd have been alright anyway.

We've got games now against teams we're simply better than. Norwich at home couldn't be a better opportunity and there's no reason we can't batter them.

It's just a shitter that I've got 2 weeks of shitty work without football - that's a long time for a defeat to fester.

Wtf is all this Was bashing? Comments like you can't wait to see him gone, overrated, fuch right off to another club you ungrateful bastards.

he's not played much of a part this season and now the one big part he has played is being an idiot, costing us 2 points, conceding our 5 point cushion and massively conceding momentum to our nearest rivals. all for something so incomprehensibly unnecessary.

I understand the calls for perspective. That's all well and good. 

But we're allowed to be pissed, dammit. Let us all fume and vent and rage, and then you rational lads can have your moment. 

It's fine to be upset. It's not the team's fault, however.

Just taken the dogs out cos just can't stay in after that.

So gutted to lose in that way. It's the Leicester way though I guess and makes it all the better when we win something.

Arsenal are scum. Their players are whining little knobs and their fans worse.

I always walk the dog when we loose...poor girl must have forgotten what the outside looked like! lol

The chap above said it best, after that, and the show the Arsenal fans and players put on today, I'd absolutely love to rub winning the title in their faces.

I dont want him to leave or shower abuse on him

But he is supposedly a senior player. An an experienced senior player does not deliberately jump into someone in the 4th min of injury time at 1-1 and allow them to put the ball in the box.

It was brainlessly stupid, and he has totally let himself and his team mates down.

Yeah, it was stupid what he did. But you know what? Senior players are human beings too. They make mistakes and do stupid things sometimes, like others. So, folks, cut down with this Wasyl bashing. He does not deserve it.

Silly little errors cost us today. Yes it was a devastating way to lose but we will come back stronger as a result.

I know it's hard to look at the bigger perspective but we have too, 3 points from Arsenal and Man City away is an excellent return. We are still 2 points ahead with a decent run of fixtures upcoming.

Keep the faith.

the game doesn't need much analyzing. We were winning before the ref gave into horrible abuse from Arsenal fans. However what DOES need analysing is Arsenal.

You hear of legendary hostile stadiums where players fear to go - Arsenal's atmosphere isn't a nasty place to play for opposing teams, but my god it must be awful to referee. It is toxic. Toxic for their team, toxic for the opposing team, toxic for the officials.

To sit there and boo EVERYthing the referee does which isn't in Arsenal's favour was so tiresome and genuinely difficult to endure as it was pathetically childish. But credit to them - it worked. The ref completely bottled it.

He gave a perfectly clear cut penalty in the first half which through the Arsenal fans eyes was a dive. In the first 10 mins of the second half he gave 4 bookings and sent one of our players off. Suddenly-the booing stopped. I see there's been another thread titled 'cheated out of it' and I'm not sure I agree with it. I just think that the referee completely gave in today and today's call has completely changed the title race - as surely even the most bias arsenal fan would agree that with a full defence and 11 men on the pitch - there was no chance of us conceding twice.

I understand the calls for perspective. That's all well and good.

But we're allowed to be pissed, dammit. Let us all fume and vent and rage, and then you rational lads can have your moment.

No one is saying you can't be pissed off, we are all pissed off!

It's the stupidity of some of the posts that's the issue.

Wasa epitomises all that we've stood for this season. All effort and never giving in. I'm proud of em all.

That said, when he did what he did I turned to Mrs Col to be and said....no Wasa, not now son.....'

And the rest is history. It was a rush of blood to the head when we needed calm.

Absolute gutted for the lads they battled all game for each other and put in a massive shift that's a proper team!.

Kante ran the show first half was awesome, Drinky as always getting stuck in same with Albrighton everyone did to be honest. Yes the sending off changed the game but we can stay positive we went to the Emirates and gave Arsenal a game!

Felt for Marcin you know what you get from him passion and warrior attitude I thought he did well when he come on unlucky with that tackle but we still have to defend that free kick.

We are still top we go again as always Foxes never quit!.

Archived