Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

At last someone speaks sense. Yes maybe Was did foul when he shouldn't have but we are top still regardless if it is only 2 points.

How many teams lose to Arsenal with a last minute goal we won't be the last.

What we do need to do is put this behind us and get a result against Norwich and then move on

That's it, I'm not disagreeing it wasn't a foul, it was a 50/50 that you would of expecting him to challenge too, Arsenal players was playing to the ref all second half and got everything, we can't exactly blame that lose on Was.

Arsenal technically are a very good side (shame about the playing to the ref) and going down to 10 men was always going to be an uphill task, probably they ingest team in possession against the least lol

Hopefully the players put this one behind them and give Norwich a good seeing too, there's still 12 games to play for and we're still top with pretty much all our hard fixtures out the way now

Guest BlueBrett

I felt bad for Simpson. Yeh maybe he was silly to have a little tug after he'd just been booked but 99 times out of a hundred you'd get away with that. The red was super soft. He looked like he was going to cry afterwards as well which obviously endeared him to me.

WAS on the other hand..much harder to forgive. Utterly brainless from a bit-part player.

Silver linings aplenty though..still top, winnable fixtures coming up and, perhaps best of all, they would never have beaten us if we' had our first 11 out there for the full 90. We showed what a good side we are once again and we are right in this title race.

Wasilewski has always been a disaster waiting to happen. People like him because he's a big unit but his decision making will cost us points. Our lack of discipline cost us the win today.

Maybe it'll do us good? Galvanise us, remind us we can be beaten, help us assess where we've come from and what we need to do in the rest of the season.

Gutted, but it happens. We move on...

Ref was clearly too scared to give us that second pen but I dont think we can say we were cheated. Really unlucky to have lost though.

yep, the mahrez pen was a bad decision, not the red card. stupidly harsh but totally justifiable. just one of them.

subs were completely bizarre imo and cost us just as much as the ref and wasyl. taking shinji off was lunacy. playing wasyl at right back has always been lunacy.

Unlucky Leicester, we both had decisions we thought wrong against us and that's just football I'm afraid..

Good luck for rest of the season

From a gooner

Nothing as important as another pen that should have been and not a sending off go **** off back to the slum you call London

Guest CityFan 06

Gutting to concede with virtually the last action of the game. We did ever so well to manage as long as we did with the amount of Arsenal attacks. Kante MOTM for me, he was absolutely sensational once again. Impressed with Gray when he came on, Kasper made some great saves, in all honestly it wasn't a bad team performance all round. But, we move on to the next 12 matches of the season, and hopefully the belief will remain within the squad to bounce back and carry on the good form at the top of the league. 

I am so PROUD to be a Leicester City fan! Arsenal are a whinging, soft side that throw tantrums like a 2 year old when they don't get their own way.

I used to admire the way Arsenal used to play and wanted them, along with all the English side competing in Europe, to do well. However, my God has today changed my view. They have plastic fans that couldn't even tell you their next fixture, they blame the ref for everything and they scream and shout when things don't go their way.

I'm so proud that I support a TEAM!

Disappointed about today yes, but I can't help to think we will get our just rewards!

Was is short of match practice and was playing outside of his natural position, yes it was a stupid decision and cost us but let's cut him a bit of slack eh? Let's not forget that he was a big part in both our title win and then the back 3 of the great escape, no need to get on his back.

Feels awful. But imagine being so upset in a last minute loss to Arsenal. And they can chant who are you all they want, we're still 2 points ahead. Hugely committed defending all round and hard to pick anyone out compared to the others (except Simpson and was), but how about Gray? He wasn't better than anyone else, but I was surprised by his defending. A bright side to take from it.

Unbelievable - gutted & sick to my stomach. Thought we'd hang up but too much pressure to withstand in the end. To make matters worse, my missus is a gooner & after my expletives & kicking the furniture at the end - Valentine's is ruined as well - typical

Simpson second yellow was there - stupid foul but Wasyl's foul at the end was stupid and ultimately costly. Arsenal battered us after going down to 10 but we fought and fought and deserved a point.

No way was that a 2nd yellow for Simpson. Much worse fouls also going unpunished....

Never felt more like punching someone then I do now.

What a ****ing horrid club they are, so whiny and bitchy. Appealing for absolutely anything and everything from start to finish.

Ref utterly bottled it second half. Mistakes from Was and Simpson, but never worthy of a red in the area he was.

Sickening. But, we're still two points above those selfie taking bellends and the lads will bounce back. We've come back from worse.

Archived