Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Arsenal Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Don"t worry Arsenal are still capable of getting silly results especially away from home where their fifth official can't make as much noise.

If asking the ref to show a card is a bookable offence itself now how did Sanchez stay on the pitch, I counted at least four occasions where he was in the refs face.

The number of people who, before the Liverpool game said, if we are still top after the next three we will win league. What the problem, we are top.

I think its the manner of the loss, being 1 up at half time looking pretty comfortable, come out second half looking pretty comfortable THEN, Arsenal start whinging like their on a playground, ref starts to get weak and dishes out 4 cards then produces a red for a challenge that was not deserving of a second yellow. we then have to play for 35 minutes away with ten minute because of this ****ing idiot who controls the game.

I am so PROUD to be a Leicester City fan! Arsenal are a whinging, soft side that throw tantrums like a 2 year old when they don't get their own way.

I used to admire the way Arsenal used to play and wanted them, along with all the English side competing in Europe, to do well. However, my God has today changed my view. They have plastic fans that couldn't even tell you their next fixture, they blame the ref for everything and they scream and shout when things don't go their way.

I'm so proud that I support a TEAM!

Disappointed about today yes, but I can't help to think we will get our just rewards!

Feel exactly the same.

Hard one to take, Ref, Simpson & Wasyl can all easily be blamed.

Hard work starts now though, a lot of winnable games coming up, bounce back & open up a margin again.

No doubt Arsenal, Spurs & Man City will drop points themselves from now till the end of the season.

Not ideal today but not the end of the world.

United Fan here just to say I share your pain with this result. And I apologise on behalf of everything Manchester United related. Not content with ruining our own weekend, everything red decided to ruin Leicester chances today.

Obviously Leicester are everyone's favourite 2nd team, or at least I would imagine, but I've been watching Leicester games in recent weeks and such is my apathy toward LvG and United at the moment here I've been screaming the house down at the TV to Leicester games.

I hope you enjoy the ride and I seriously hope you win the title and somehow manage to relatively consolidate around this level next season.

But beyond all....what an idiot Marcin, what a complete and utter idiot.

(Edit notes: Nice to see the Foxes forum is more advanced than Utd's where we have to code our own HTML posts.)

Ill post a more detailed reply later, but for now, all i can say is the team lacked discipline today.

Not in a defensive and tactical sense where we were very solid and organised, but the wild tackles when we needed to cool the game down, Simpson getting booked and then not staying under the radar for 10 minutes and making a clear yellow card foul again straight after.

And then to cap it off, Wasilewski should recieve a club fine for his ridiculous foul that lead to the second goal, totally brainless deliberately jumping into their player.

Certainly a sense of perspective though, 6 points in the tough run, still top, the general performance was good.

Ill post more later.

Now you can see why we should never had sent Ritchie on loan[/quote

Nah, knowing Ritchie he would've just wandered into central areas and just left Sanchez with the freedom of the goal. RDL is part of the reason Sanchez has had so much success against us in recent years. Was did well today when he came on free kick aside.

yep, the mahrez pen was a bad decision, not the red card. stupidly harsh but totally justifiable. just one of them.

subs were completely bizarre imo and cost us just as much as the ref and wasyl. taking shinji off was lunacy. playing wasyl at right back has always been lunacy.

Isn't any yellow justifiable if it's actually he right decision? That's the point here.

Soft/ridiculously harsh = wrong decision

The problem is the yellow card is just the referees interpretation.

A last minute winner for Arsenal against 10 men and this place goes into meltdown! Unbelievable!

Vardy was a penalty in the first half. Monreal left his leg out in the penalty area.

Mahrez should of had a penalty in second half, not given because ref bottled it.

CR got tactics spot on.

CR got substitutions spot on! Was is an obvious choice to go RB, Mahrez went off due to work rate, we was always going to be chasing shadows. Gray offered speed and energy, a harder working Mahrez as such. King came on just to try and see the game out.

Was isn't finished. He did actually had a good game against Sanchez.

Before this game and before the Liverpool game it was a game we probably all expected to lose so nothing to get too disheartened about. Just a sucker blow to conceded last kick of the game.

We are still top of the league.

We now have very winnable games as the other 3 have some harder fixtures, cup competitions and Europe.

How about everyone actually gets behind the team rather than critisising them for a harsh defeat and only there 3rd of the season ffs!!

A last minute winner for Arsenal against 10 men and this place goes into meltdown! Unbelievable!

Vardy was a penalty in the first half. Monreal left his leg out in the penalty area.

Mahrez should of had a penalty in second half, not given because ref bottled it.

CR got tactics spot on.

CR got substitutions spot on! Was is an obvious choice to go RB, Mahrez went off due to work rate, we was always going to be chasing shadows. Gray offered speed and energy, a harder working Mahrez as such. King came on just to try and see the game out.

Was isn't finished. He did actually had a good game against Sanchez.

Before this game and before the Liverpool game it was a game we probably all expected to lose so nothing to get too disheartened about. Just a sucker blow to conceded last kick of the game.

We are still top of the league.

We now have very winnable games as the other 3 have some harder fixtures, cup competitions and Europe.

How about everyone actually gets behind the team rather than critisising them for a harsh defeat and only there 3rd of the season ffs!!

I agree, other than with the King comment.

When you need energy and people throwing their bodies on the line, King is not the person to bring on.

Wtf is all this Was bashing?  Comments like you can't wait to see him gone, overrated, fuch right off to another club you ungrateful bastards.

You're right. That's why I waited a few minutes before posting. Because after the event I was fuming. Irrespective of the great performances he's put in before, it was one of the daftest decisions I've seen from a Leicester player. At that time and in that position, to give away a stupid and needless foul was beyond unprofessional.

To be honest.  Am not overly gutted about this result one bit and I don't think in the long run this last gasp defeat will do anything apart from galvanize us for the upcoming games against weaker opposition.

Whether we win the league or not was never going to come down to this game.  All this game was really was whether Arsenal were going to have a say in matters or not and it now turns out they will.

We are still going to be 2 points clear at close of play, and still have by far the best fixtures in the next 8 weeks or so.  Besides which, Arsenal winning today doesn't really mean anything unless they go to Old Trafford next game and come away with 3 points, because I'm convinced we will do at home to Norwich.  So Arsenal could be back at square one in a few weeks time but with 2 less games to claw it back.

Archived