Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Technically this isn't longer than the Maynard thread. Too much padding. Including this shite comment.

The Maynard thread was full of people just trying to get the number of pages higher. A lot more than this, if I remember right.

The Maynard thread was full of people just trying to get the number of pages higher. A lot more than this, if I remember right.

I don't get the fascination with this. Do we all get a prize or something if it reaches 200 pages? 

I don't get the fascination with this. Do we all get a prize or something if it reaches 200 pages? 

Exactly. It's annoying having to wade through pointless blabber to find the actual developments or interesting points made.

From a selfish point of view, Vardy is in a perfect situation.  He has an offer on the table from Arsenal and an improved offer on the table from us.  He is allowed to take his time to choose and he is about to play in a major international tournament - the ultimate shop window.  It is win win for him.  If he doesn't have a great tournament then he can sign our improved contract and stay here.  But if he scores 3 or 4+ goals then his stock rises and he will likely receive more offers offering even more money.

I wish he would just pledge his future to Leicester but 100% understand him stringing this transfer window out, at least until the end of the Euros.

Maybe but delaying his decision may work against him, what I hope is we continue to get new players in to get to Ranieri's two players for each position, I also expect Arsenal to continue strengthening.

when England are finished in the euros Arse might withdraw their offer to Vardy and we might be in a position where if we have recruited well we could hold the ace cards on whether we offer Vardy the 'new improved offer' or withdraw it.

With the Euro final on Sunday, 10 July doesn't leave much time for Holidays and getting ready for the new season, should England still be involved.(not to mention he was supposed to be having an op on his arm)

From what I have read Vardy has not had a medical yet at Arsenal so it's not just a question of signing their contract.

I don't think anyone really knows which is why there's so much uncertainty.

quite clearly doesn't want anything to distract him from the Euros. 

Right now he's a Leicester player. It's a massive deal for him given the choices on offer. Young kid, newly married, peak of his career, settled in Leicester for 4 years. Or move to Arsenal. Move to London. Relocate family. Massive gamble considering the emotional and career situation at stake. There's probably a hell of a lot of other things for him to decide but as far as we're concerned he's a Leicester player and will be for England and I don't see the harm in wanting to wait to make a decision. 

It's not as easy as everyone is making out. 

quite clearly doesn't want anything to distract him from the Euros. 

Right now he's a Leicester player. It's a massive deal for him given the choices on offer. Young kid, newly married, peak of his career, settled in Leicester for 4 years. Or move to Arsenal. Move to London. Relocate family. Massive gamble considering the emotional and career situation at stake. There's probably a hell of a lot of other things for him to decide but as far as we're concerned he's a Leicester player and will be for England and I don't see the harm in wanting to wait to make a decision. 

It's not as easy as everyone is making out. 

Did you hear anymore from your source Stan?

If there is one thing that this saga really exposes is that 99.99% of self-proclaimed ITK’s actually really know bugger all:

“Deal done. Medical underway”

“Vardy at Arsenal discussing personal terms”

“Counter offer from LCFC”

“Decision will be made before 11.30am”

“Decision tomorrow”

“Decision the next day”

“Decision after Euro’s”

“Not ruling out decision during Euro’s”

“Wants to let LCFC down gently”

“Wants to let AFC down gently”

“Will stay”

“Will go”

“etc. etc. etc. etc.”

What do we really know about this transfer and what have we really learned extra since the news broke in the media. I think we know Arsenal have made a bid. I think we know that the release clause has been met. Do we really know anything else?

You do realise that the vast majority of the population aren't petulant 5 year olds don't you. If you're not watching England because a certain player left or turned down your club you need to sit down and seriously assess your life.

Eh? Is this is a case of kill the messenger?! Just because I suggested it might be a possibility doesn't mean I'm talking about me.. And many Arsenal fans behaved in an immature way towards us, particularly when they were still in the race and now, with the comments a lot are coming out with with regard to Vardy.

It's simply based on observation and experience of the way others behave. And it might not be the case anyway.

The Vardy thread on Arsenal Mania broke 200 pages really quick before being locked. I'm disappointed in you all that we still haven't made 200.

Unless our pages have more posts than theirs. Then its justified

Think they only had 20 posts per page where ft has 30 I think.

I don't buy into the whole 'can't make his mind up' theory. He knows if he wants to go or not and i'd rather he just came out and said it. To come back in a month and say he's going arsenal would be abit shitty. Just tell us so we can move on if we have too

I don't buy into the whole 'can't make his mind up' theory. He knows if he wants to go or not and i'd rather he just came out and said it. To come back in a month and say he's going arsenal would be abit shitty. Just tell us so we can move on if we have too

Yes, I agree. Delaying the announcement doesn't benefit anyone, least of all us.

Sick of this whole saga now to be quite honest. Vardy has bored me into submission. Wish he would just hurry up and go, we all know its coming anyway. Atleast then we can crack on with finding a replacement.

I have to agree to some extent. If he has full visibility of both offers then just say which way you want to jump. This "letting down gently" argument winds me up more than anything. I wouldn't feel any better knowing in 2 weeks time than I would if I knew now. What really makes people feel better is time: getting used to the idea, moving on emotionally, looking forward to new players etc.

I can't help but think that it just can't be announced for purely practical reasons. Most likely insufficient time to dot the "I's" and cross the "t's" before the Euro's. Nobody can really announce anything when there is a possibility that something in the small print might make the deal collapse.

Let's be honest the most likely scenario is he's leaving but can't do the medical or sign the contract etc as he is away with England. If he was staying he would just say so.

Only other possibility is he thinks he'll do well at the euros and get more interest

Archived