Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Boro Post match 0-0

Today was a lot like many of those 1-0's last season without the end product of a goal - which normally was something created out of nothing from an individual piece of brilliance.

It's still 4 points out of a possible 6 in three days and we would've all taken this before those two games.

Now, if we played any of the top 6 and played with those tactics, then great.

I'm shocked we played like this against a team who struggles to score and are likely to be on the bottom 4.  

The reason why we did so well is that we played a system to win with quick link up play.  That second half had Musa in the right back position and Ullao could may have been at my house party with the lack of people around him for support.

Thus I'm struggling to point fingers at the players, cus they all put a shift in, but tactically had no where to go or play

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Didn't we do similar this time last year? 0-0 home to Man City and Bournemouth followed by away draws at Spurs and Villa, keeping it tight and not losing.

Exactly. We've actually taken 2 points more from this festive period of games too. OK, just a tad behind where we were in the league table! :dry: Beat Spurs mind. 1-0.

Thinkthe result depends on if your glass is half full or half empty. 

Clean sheet, 4 points in 2 games in space of 48 hours, away from home and with a few key players missing. 

Flat performance, no attacking threat, poor in possession maintaining and winning and against a goal shy promoted side just above relegation. 

Before both games i would of took 4 points but can't help but feel boro was the better side (again!) we've been fortunate to take 2 points of them this season tbf. Would of been nice to have got the result today or atleast challenged Guzan a lot more but I think 4 points in 2 games under circumstance overall isn't bad going

Probably going Amartey my MOTM today although Huth and King didn't have bad games either 

Just now, Goober said:

Not defending how shit we've been this season at all. Defending the way that after regularly being battered away from home this season, we've looked to sacrifice some attacking threat and take a good away point after winning at home. I reckon if we hadn't have beaten West Ham we'd have been a bit more attacking today. It was a good defensive performance and a step in the right direction, totally back to basics. We had half a first team today and made sure we took something from the game. In the future i'd much prefer us to go back to pressing teams high and passing the ball quickly, but today was not the day for that. It was time for a bit of pragmatism.

I agree .....I think Claudio and the medics will have had good insight into the players fitness....Drinky, Morgan, Gray, Albrighton and Slim all looked out on their feet at the end of the hammers win.

we ground out many points away from home last season off the back of a great defensive base......step forward again today with a clean sheet us the work rate in the last couple of games has been more like last season with a spirit building....

Agree with Col's sentiment that we should not be regressing but lots of lessons to be learned from the Summer around preparation, recruitment etc which have put us behind where we could have expected but still plenty left in this season and I think Claudio will get it right............I hope!

Can't be too disappointed because a draw is seen a positive result for us away from home considering what we've been doing all season, however a little bit pissed off with it, we could have won, we should have been looking to win, we weren't though.

We needed to follow up Saturday with a win today, It could have turned our season round, got abit of a run together.

I think when I say I fell asleep during the 2nd half and have just woke up says alot about the game, I'll leave it at that.

I have no idea what bollocks has been written before, as I can't be bothered to read it all. 

Here however is my two peneth worth. 

The front three were useless all game. 

The midfield pairing of Amartey and King continue to offer nothing in terms of helping with the attacking side of the game weather it be in terms of simply moving up the pitch or linking with the forwards. 

Mendy seemed to settle after the first five minutes and when allied with Drinks and this Ndiddi should be a starter in that midfield. 

Boro were awful, yet they were allowed to dominate by the aforementioned midfield, which proves a point. The extent of which, second half they were by far the better side and we were lucky to keep it at nil nil. 

Why we showed no ambition and defended so deep in the second half against an attack with no pace beggars belief.

As does the lack of quality provided by Musa for £16m. The guy looks like he's been playing barefoot in the park before coming here.

The return of a pacy attack with Vardy will hopefully produce more that what we saw today.

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I agree .....I think Claudio and the medics will have had good insight into the players fitness....Drinky, Morgan, Gray, Albrighton and Slim all looked out on their feet at the end of the hammers win.

we ground out many points away from home last season off the back of a great defensive base......step forward again today with a clean sheet us the work rate in the last couple of games has been more like last season with a spirit building....

Agree with Col's sentiment that we should not be regressing but lots of lessons to be learned from the Summer around preparation, recruitment etc which have put us behind where we could have expected but still plenty left in this season and I think Claudio will get it right............I hope!

Well said. I'm with you! :cool:

27 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Today was a lot like many of those 1-0's last season without the end product of a goal - which normally was something created out of nothing from an individual piece of brilliance.

It's still 4 points out of a possible 6 in three days and we would've all taken this before those two games.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can't be too disappointed because a draw is seen a positive result for us away from home considering what we've been doing all season, however a little bit pissed off with it, we could have won, we should have been looking to win, we weren't though.

We needed to follow up Saturday with a win today, It could have turned our season round, got abit of a run together.

I think when I say I fell asleep during the 2nd half and have just woke up says alot about the game, I'll leave it at that.

I wish I could be so laid back when watching that horseshit, so as I could fall asleep. 

Im rather the tearing my hair out and using four letter words type when I see what our fantastic team of last season has turned into.

Tragic. 

That said, if you had said we had no Drinkwater, Vardy, Kante or Mahrez in our side (who may as not well be playing for us any more) I would have us down as relegation candidates. 

Their 'replacements' where relevant are beyond woeful - Musa, Amartey  - League One and Championship standard respectively.

Lets be honest here. This was as bad as we have come to expect this season. It was second division dross from both sides. 

We saw neither improvement or relapse.

It was dire third division football. Not something you would, or could not possibly expect from the current Premiership champions. Even Chelsea last year never looked this mediocre. I despair. 

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I wish I could be so laid back when watching that horseshit, so as I could fall asleep. 

Im rather the tearing my hair out and using four letter words type when I see what our fantastic team of last season has turned into.

Tragic. 

Believe me i'm not usually.

If you want proof see my post's after the Everton game, so pissed off, fuming, probably taking it too much to heart.

Today, dunno what was up, couldn't really be bothered! lol Perhaps the up and down attitude of the team is rubbing off on me.

Yes, that was uninspiring

Yes, that was no fun to watch

Yes, a mess has been made with regards to the opportunity following last seasons miraculous events

Yes, a mess was made of our subsequent transfer activity

Yes, as supporters, we are all disappointed

However, no matter how dispiriting all these facts are, we cannot afford to go down with the contracts handed out in the summer. In that context it was just as important not to lose today as it was to win.

That equates to a good point in my book.

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Lets be honest here. This was as bad as we have come to expect this season. It was second division dross from both sides. 

We saw neither improvement or relapse.

It was dire third division football. Not something you would, or could not possibly expect from the current Premiership champions. Even Chelsea last year never looked this mediocre. I despair. 

No. It was a very solid defensive performance and a pretty toothless attacking one. We have been much, much worse at times this season

Archived