Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frany104

Ranieri OUT

1 hour ago, turtle2000 said:

Not a Leicester fan (so sue me), but I looked at this site to see if it was actually true that some Foxes supporters are in favour of the club sacking Ranieri. Didn't think it could possibly be true, but seems that it is.

With apologies to those many, many supporters with reasonable attitudes (that owners should come out in support of Ranieri, there needs to be more clarity, there needs to be a change of tactics etc etc), those of you calling for Ranieri to be sacked are the most miserable, deluded, fairweather fans football has ever seen.

Reality check:

(1) Leicester is a mediocre team (I support Swansea, I know about mediocre teams) that is precisely where it should be this season - the lower reaches of the Premiership. That's the club's natural place; it's obviously never going to be a top 6 club. 

(2) Somehow, by some sublime alchemy, last season, YOU WON THE ****ING PREMIER LEAGUE. 

(3) To repeat: LAST SEASON, YOU WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

(4) That achievement lies somewhere among the most remarkable football stories of all time - probably in the top ten. Have Granada ever won La Liga? Offenheim the Bundesliga? Of course they haven't. Teams like Leicester City simply don't win national championships, let alone the richest national championship in the world. 

(5) Nothing remotely that good will ever happen to Leicester City again. Ever, ever again.

Rather than marvelling at this, and basking in the glory of it and looking forward to a Champions' League (YES. CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE. A COMPETITION YOU WILL NEVER BE IN AGAIN) second round tie against Sevilla, and appreciating the fact that you are now an incredibly well-liked club, youse lot are talking about sacking the guy who made the miracle possible.

If you sack Claudio Ranieri, you will not only tarnish last season's achievement within Leicester City FC, but your reputation outside in the wider world of football will go from one of the most beloved teams in the land (hard to remember any team that has enjoyed the general goodwill Leicester have had since last season) to the most hated club in Britain. The most soulless, least grateful, most vilified.

Enjoy the miracle that has happened to Leicester City. Who gives a sh*t if you play Championship football next season? It's just football. Last season you were witness to a biblical miracle, way beyond 'just football'.

Jesus wept. Ffs, you have a great club, don't ruin it.

Love the guy and despite our current position I'm very much in favour of him having a statue, personally for me I'm sure he could do a better job as DOF compared to our existing DOF.

Short and simple fact is though that off the back of a league win with the ability to offer champions league football and starting places we spent close to £100m on transfers and so far 1 £15m signing looks to be a fairly decent acquisition. Anyone on the planet would be judged on that! Last season despite Mourinho being Chelseas most successful manager they saw no option but to get rid of the guy in an attempt to salvage the season, like everyone says it's a results based industry and we aren't close to getting results.

Don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusion to think we could go and defend a title... but as a season ticket holder of many years you pay good money to watch the crap that's currently on offer only to hear the manager come out with the same responses. 

Claudio Ranieri insists Leicester stars are ‘happy’ with him in charge despite slump in form

Premier League champions linger just one point above the relegation zone after failing to win in last four games

CLAUDIO RANIERI says he still has the control and respect in Leicester’s dressing room, despite Premier League losing streak.

The champions of England sit just ONE point above the relegation zone and have not won in their last four games

Italian said: “We have to score, play together and never give up.

“It is important now to get the confidence. Last season everything was right and the players got confidence, now they are anxious. We need to react every time.

Deluded

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Claudio Ranieri insists Leicester stars are ‘happy’ with him in charge despite slump in form

Premier League champions linger just one point above the relegation zone after failing to win in last four games

CLAUDIO RANIERI says he still has the control and respect in Leicester’s dressing room, despite Premier League losing streak.

The champions of England sit just ONE point above the relegation zone and have not won in their last four games

“It is important now to get the confidence. Last season everything was right and the players got confidence, now they are anxious. We need to react every time.

Deluded

So you're just shit the Claudio!

Not a Leicester fan (so sue me), but I looked at this site to see if it was actually true that some Foxes supporters are in favour of the club sacking Ranieri. Didn't think it could possibly be true, but seems that it is.

With apologies to those many, many supporters with reasonable attitudes (that owners should come out in support of Ranieri, there needs to be more clarity, there needs to be a change of tactics etc etc), those of you calling for Ranieri to be sacked are the most miserable, deluded, fairweather fans football has ever seen.

Reality check:

(1) Leicester is a mediocre team (I support Swansea, I know about mediocre teams) that is precisely where it should be this season - the lower reaches of the Premiership. That's the club's natural place; it's obviously never going to be a top 6 club. 

(2) Somehow, by some sublime alchemy, last season, YOU WON THE ****ING PREMIER LEAGUE. 

(4) That achievement lies somewhere among the most remarkable football stories of all time - probably in the top ten. Have Granada ever won La Liga? Offenheim the Bundesliga? Of course they haven't. Teams like Leicester City simply don't win national championships, let alone the richest national championship in the world. 

(5) Nothing remotely that good will ever happen to Leicester City again. Ever, ever again.

Rather than marvelling at this, and basking in the glory of it and looking forward to a Champions' League (YES. CHAMPIONS' LEAGUE. A COMPETITION YOU WILL NEVER BE IN AGAIN) second round tie against Sevilla, and appreciating the fact that you are now an incredibly well-liked club, youse lot are talking about sacking the guy who made the miracle possible.

If you sack Claudio Ranieri, you will not only tarnish last season's achievement within Leicester City FC, but your reputation outside in the wider world of football will go from one of the most beloved teams in the land (hard to remember any team that has enjoyed the general goodwill Leicester have had since last season) to the most hated club in Britain. The most soulless, least grateful, most vilified.

Enjoy the miracle that has happened to Leicester City. Who gives a sh*t if you play Championship football next season? It's just football. Last season you were witness to a biblical miracle, way beyond 'just football'.

So your opinion is based on the regurgitated shit that pundits spout, try watching the last 630 minutes with one goal scored.

thats over 10 hours for a team that won the league and spent over 70 million.

stick to subjects you are more well informed about 

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Somebody needs to TRY. We need new ideas, Ranieri has none and we are going nowhere with him at the helm. 

Flip it on it's head, does anybody have a good reason to keep him here barring last seasons success?

This is the first adversity he has come up against as our manager and he has NO idea how to arrest the slide. 

After today's horror show then fresh impetus in the managerial stakes is needed for sure, even if it means bringing somebody in just until to the end of the season and then see what happens. I can't believe this hasn't already happened now to be honest. All Ranieri is doing by not walking away or the owners for not having the heart to now sack him is tarnishing the magic he achieved for/with us last season and in turn pushing us nearer the relegation trapdoor week by week, with us probably never to return for a good few years either if indeed the unthinkable does happen!

I know this time two years ago our situation was even more hopeless still but back then under Pearson we were a lot more hungry and competitive with a tight unit and we actually looked like winning games, as suddenly happened - and how! Can you see a repeat of that with this squad that's totally bereft of confidence and looks unfit! - not on your nelly!!

Reality check:

appreciate the insight.

but if its true that ranieri's lost the dressing room & the players aren't playing for him, we will go down. we don't want that to happen, so the only obvious solution is to unfortunately replace ranieri even though he is a legend.

there is no way back once you've lost the dressing room, look at mourinho with chelsea. player power is huge now & i think our poor performances are the players saying they want ranieri out. i hate to say that, because i want ranieri to succeed but the players are refusing to give their all for him.

53 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

I just wondered out of curiosity really as wasn't sure how mood can change week to week. I for sure hope we can turn things around (looking unlikely) but should fully expect to beat Derby really but if we beat Swansea it will only reduce the pressure for him to go rather than believe he should stay - some good performance and consistency with results and he should stay but looking very unlikely of even scoring let alone winning a game at the minute. 

The champions league is a dream but is starting to feel like it could become unpleasant viewing rather than enjoying the moment and wondering how far we can actually go at the minute. 

Liverpool can be hit and miss but are currently on a shocking run themselves, to say sack/resign after losing to a top 6 side seems unfair but in consideration to everything we've witnessed the last 2 months the line needs to be drawn somewhere or else there can be an excuse for anything and everything. 

Last seasons success is a strange one, one way of looking at it could be suggesting he has become victim of his own success or flip side is last seasons success has granted him more time? How many managers have we had that have probably gone on as bad of a run/performances as this season and still have decent backing from fans? 

I wouldn't take my mood as one that would fit your average fan mate lol 

Two weeks ago I wrote on this forum we needed CR to go in order to create a short term impact on the squad - fresh ideas, different motivation, something new to get us going again. After the last three league games my opinion on the situation has changed, not in the sense that sacking CR wouldn't potentially have the effect required to stay up but in the sense that the root cause is our lacklustre players. Any incoming manager would have the same players at his disposal, of which may just aren't good enough.

We are crying out for changes to the back four, to give Kapustka a chance and Chilwell/Gray a run of games. But Claudio alone isn't watching the players day in and day out, surely if the players were good enough Shakey & co would be saying so? 

My mind has even started to slip to the argument if we don't make a change and still go down, does CR go in the summer anyway? Because is he the type of manager for the Championship? A whole new debate. 

As of tonight, and as this post suggests, I really don't have a definitive opinion on what we should do.

He had to go before the window shut and didn't. Who we can get now that can get the players playing i don't know. What is clear is that we need to go back to the high pressure game we started last season with as we don't have the defence for sitting back and we are not creating anything up front. We can't just carry on like this. Im not even clear that we would get back up if we went down as things are. 

Just now, toddybad said:

He had to go before the window shut and didn't. Who we can get now that can get the players playing i don't know. What is clear is that we need to go back to the high pressure game we started last season with as we don't have the defence for sitting back and we are not creating anything up front. We can't just carry on like this. Im not even clear that we would get back up if we went down as things are. 

The problem is they dont look capable.  Our fitness levels do seem to have dropped considerably and the players who are supposed to be lightening quick (Vardy, Gray, Musa), really dont look that fast.  I cant remember the last time Drinkwater or Mahrez played well and the entire defence has been shocking all season.

We have zero creativity in the side and we dont look like we'll ever score.  Its not like we're creating loads of chances and missing them.

The high press, high tempo game isnt coming back.  The players dont have that in the locker anymore for some reason.

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The problem is they dont look capable.  Our fitness levels do seem to have dropped considerably and the players who are supposed to be lightening quick (Vardy, Gray, Musa), really dont look that fast.  I cant remember the last time Drinkwater or Mahrez played well and the entire defence has been shocking all season.

We have zero creativity in the side and we dont look like we'll ever score.  Its not like we're creating loads of chances and missing them.

The high press, high tempo game isnt coming back.  The players dont have that in the locker anymore for some reason.

When NP left we were very, very close to bringing in Neil Lennon. We'd met with him twice and had a third meeting arranged and expected to offer him the job. Fortunately, Ranieri went public about being open to managing us and we bit.

Last season was a dream but this season is a nightmare. Something has to change as if this is the only way we can play now, if we've lost our fitness, form and verve for good, then the question is what do we do and can we trust anybody within the club to make the right decision?

It's not even the losing that bothers me. It's his strange selections with no balance to the Team. Playing players out of position. I feel sorry for Musa ( just one example ) He's never a midfielder. Yet this is the third time I think he's played him there. His strength is in around the box playing off someone else. Either Slim or Ulloa. Success is built from the Back.Yet hes done nothing with our defence. Where's the great tradition of Italian Defensive Coaching. Non existing. Continuing to play Vardy when clearly he's offering nothing.

He had a virtual free Card to try different people in their proper position today. Like Benny in defence or Kapustka on the Wing. Yet he chose to do nothing. Just really strange and hard to phatom.

If he's not going then the Owners need to arrange a Clear the air meeting between all the football people at the Club. With everyone allowed express their views. If everyone gets things off their chest then we might have a chance to save our season. Then decide who stays and who goes in the Summer. One thing is sure though, We need to sign quality in the Summer.

On the plus side we only needs five win for virtual safety from 14 games. But he has to start with a win against Swansea. Then our run in may also  help us.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Deluded

He's starting to sound a bit Michael Owen.

Ranieri has to go ASAP.

The man is completely out of ideas, if we stay up it will be because of luck, Ranieri doesn't know what to do next. We're now playing low possession football with hardly any counter attacking ability, if that isn't a recipe for relegation then I'd like to hear why. If he hasn't got a plan he needs to go and it's plainly obvious he hasn't.

It's the same old excuses every week, "we need to fight" when the reality is the players aren't giving 100%. Vardy doesn't even harass defenders anymore.

5 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

I don't think we need a total overhaul on players, I don't think we're in that bad of a position - we need someone who is going to come in a knock some heads together, get some fight back in the side and be able to offer something with game management. 

A quality man or two at the back and we should be good as a squad. 

The reason I feel the overhaul on players is needed is because I think many will forever tarnish them with being the players who played to get the manager who won the league here the sack. I can't see people ever warming to them like they did before. That's why I feel we need fresh players.

Problem is we won't do it properly. Those two transfer windows were so bad it's almost comical. There was a point when I'd fancy Leicester to bounce back stronger. Right now I feel every single setback is just going to add another nail into the coffin. Ranieri goes, do I fancy us to have a solution up our sleeves? Absolutely no ****ing chance.

More than anything we need direction. Something to convince me the club is heading in the right direction again. My biggest gripe when Pearson left was that we would slowly lose that direction, for all of the blokes flaws he knew exactly how to organise this club. Last year was a culmination in a lot of things and Ranieri was the perfect man at the perfect time, but he's shown absolutely no vision to me this year. It's slowly but surely coming apart and I'm worried it's going to result in another 2004-2008. Time to make big changes before it hits that level.

Thanks for the memories and goodbye to Claudio. Thanks for giving us all faith that no matter how useless we are at something, we still have a hope of getting somewhere Rudkin. Thanks for... Wague? Macia.

Total rebuild needed ahead of next year regardless of our division.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Ranieri has to go ASAP.

The man is completely out of ideas, if we stay up it will be because of luck, Ranieri doesn't know what to do next. We're now playing low possession football with hardly any counter attacking ability, if that isn't a recipe for relegation then I'd like to hear why. If he hasn't got a plan he needs to go and it's plainly obvious he hasn't.

It's the same old excuses every week, "we need to fight" when the reality is the players aren't giving 100%. Vardy doesn't even harass defenders anymore.

When did you change? Could've swore you were quite pro keeping him very recently. Not that I'm disagreeing.

I think how clueless Ranieri's looked this season further adds to last year. He got incredibly lucky.

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Having a shot on target would be nice.

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

Ranieri has to go ASAP.

we fight more next week..   we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; 

If anyone wanted to swap any of the bottom ten squads in the prem with ours Id say no chance. We dont need wholesale changes like some down there but we do need a defender or two thats for certain. However, the nucleus of our team is solid.

As for Ranieri out, thank god I heard sensible neutral views from the sky pundits, We need to stick with Claudio (build a statue not sack the bloke) and the players need to battle for us, So many players came to Claudios defence after the game which once again pours water on this "lost the dressing room" crap. 

On Claudio we should trust!!

the owners need to step in NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE and sack CR. new coach needs to sack simpson, huth and morgan. for gods sake we need direction before its to late the fires at the front door act now.

Archived