Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

Disgusted... I feel / think he's been made a scapegoat. I hope them players are happy.. every time they look in the mirror they should be disgusted and ashamed. Like most yes I'm not happy at recent results but if the players aren't doing what he tells them and doing what they should it's not his fault. The blame lies at the door of the players and that they've lost their spirit. Some of them this season haven't been fit to wear the shirt and wouldn't look out of place playing Sunday league! The so called untouchables that should of been dropped and had more chances then they deserve. Strange timing and after they said he had their full support till end of season..

I hope on Monday regardless of if you agree with this, we sing his song loud and proud in honour of everything he did for us and the achievement he helped us to!! 

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Why, he is gone....I support the club not the manager, so what's done is done, let's get behind the team?

Yeh, good point, but i shall refer you to my first comment. His name WILL echo on Monday night, you will hear it from your living room.

6 minutes ago, Bluebeemer said:

skrew the owners, I hope that they get their comeuppance. So much for Thai respect. Welcome to league 1 again.

Vardy sod off and write your sequel " Back to nowhere"

Nobody will be able to turn this around this season, none of the players will stay in the Championship and the slide will continue.

lets wave to the Cowley brothers as we pass each other

Bit over the top,calm down.

I'm sad, but if he lost support of the team, then it's hard to argue he should stay.

It's difficult to say if it's justified since we don't know the internal politics and power struggles.

The team better not oppose whomever we next appoint.

I think he must have believed that if he kept picking the same guys it would come right...   he has been too loyal (not a bad trail in some walks).

Machiavelli would have banished any underminers immediately.... he wasn't ruthless enough

I would hate to think vardy has caused  this.

The dreaded vote of confidence however I am not surprised, I suppose this confirms that things were intrinsically sour in the dressing room which is not conducive with survival ,the owners are business men and obviously staring relegation in the face was not part of the plan.

Just now, Babylon said:

They don't pick the tactics and I'm afraid it's been as clear as day they are a massive problem at the moment.

doesnt matter. they are still professionals and its as clear as day that the effort just isnt there. Theres been more than one set of tactics that have won the prem in the last 10 years....

17 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

It had to happen......you can call the players all you want, but if they don't believe in what he isn't doing....it's a real shame, it really is but we couldn't carry on like we were.

The responsibility of the players is to do what the manager wants, and not for them to not perform because they don't like it. That's why we have managers and players.

Yours is a lazy argument.

Absolute disgrace in my eyes. 

I don't know if some people can even really consider themselves fans, did you not ever dream of LCFC winning a title or qualifying for the Champions League? 

Well under Ranieri we did both of those things. You could argue that a lot of momentum was carried through from the previous season but I highly doubt that we would have won it under Pearson or done as well as we have so far in the Champions League. Even worse still is the timing, poor first half performance last night in Seville but ultimately the tie is still in a balance and there were a lot of positives to take from the second half. We have a huge game against Liverpool at home and where will this leave the players minds?

I'm not sure what kind of manager they will bring in with Champions League pedigree, or any kind of pedigree at all for that matter. I think someone like Paul Clement would have been good who has experience coaching at the top level but of course he will be going nowhere. As far as I am aware there aren't any available managers that would reassure me of our Premier league status. I would have at least given him the Liverpool game and then reassessed. 

The recruitment was poor in the summer and the players have not performed as well as they can, simple as. The tactics haven't always been great either and he's been slow to react to poor performances. Having said that we don't have a lot of strength in depth due to so many new signings not starting well.

Archived