Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Ranieri sacked

Christ alive, I think some of you have got genuine mental health problems the state of some of these reactions.

There is no one on this forum who would argue against the fact that Claudio is a legend, our greatest ever manager so far, and will deservedly go down in club folklore.

However, anyone with a working set of senses can see that we were destined for relegation the way things were going. The players were clearly not playing for him, and in some cases for each other. You can debate about the reasons why and who is to blame, but when the dressing room has been 'lost' which I think was self-evident, you can't, unfortunately, sack your entire playing staff, so you are left with only one other option.

His sacking is gut-wrenching, but the only decision that gives us the chance to stay in the premier league. Yes, relegation is not the end of the world, but it would set us back several years. The patronising comments from Carragher, Glendenning, Pat Murphy (mouthing off on 5live right now if anyone wants a hate-listen) et all are pathetic - like we don't deserve to have ambition or to see our club improve.

Did anyone really think we existed outside the 'modern football' bubble? Look at the contracts, the cars, the money the owners have put in. Our club will survive this, the nonsensical talk of shame and embarrassment will subside, and we now have a fighting chance of survival.

Thank you for everything Claudio. You're an absolute hero and I wish you all the best for the future. But I'm LTID, and this is the best decision for our football club.

Absolutely disgusting!! If they asked anyone here would you take winning the EPL but getting relegated the next year - I bet 99.99% would take this no question. For what he did he deserves at least to be there to the end of the season - I dont give a shiiit what anyone says. The idiots at the board were the ones who messed up, they did not do enough to retain the same squad losing Kante was the glue. Oh well I dont give a tossss now. Sacking him is a kick in the stomach for him - his biggest hank you should had been for Leicester to take one even if it meant relegation and let him have the proper exit not humiliate him. Ungrateful pathetic idiots! Judas club! No sense of loyalty - we deserve to go down, most are saying LC is the most hated club. Sad thing is we forgot the very thing that made us great was out spirit. We could still have pulled it off I believe we could have fought back. Now we defintely DESRVE to be related. LC without a doubt the most hated club now in England! 

I feel sick. If we manager to stay up this season it will be worth it. But I can't help but feel terribly sad we couldn't stabilise this season and have Claudio stay with us for a long time. Thank you for everything you have done, Claudio, and I will miss you terribly.

The players better step up.

The sad thing is that CR should have walked about a month ago, he could have left with his head held high, unfortunately he carried on when things were clearly not right behind the scenes and the owners were left in an untenable position. We are fortunate to have fantastic owners please  don't lose sight of this and I feel really sorry for them that they have been put in this really unfortunate and extremely difficult position. 

Just now, Lesteban said:

They just unceremoniously dumped the greatest manager in our clubs history... 

They arguably did that to appoint him in the first place! 

Can you really see them being impressed by Pardew in an interview - a manager who lost the dressing room in his most recent job?

"What can you do for us Mr Pardew?"

with no words, Alan flings off his jacket, pulls off his trousers, leaving him in a knitted jumper and leather cod piece...

"do you want me to lap dance for ya?" 

Like mostly everybody else Claudio will always be remembered for last season.  However football is a results driven business.  For whatever reasons this season has been poor.  Worse that there has been few signs of improvement in form. The owners are totally right in my view to put the future of the club first.  Relegation this season is unacceptable and under Claudio it is far too close a prospect.  

Gutted for Claudio on a personal level because I genuinely think he's one of the nicest people in football.

No matter what happens this season he still deserves a statue for what he achieved last season.

However it had to happen we've been absolutely shocking lately and the football we were playing was horrendous. 

I just hope they make a careful decision when choosing his replacement! Someone who will play attractive football and be able to attract quality players. 

1 minute ago, the clock end said:

Arsenal fan here. Shame to hear Ranieri has gone, I think he should of been given more time even if you get relegated. He brought you the title!!

Anyway, best of luck.

Be interesting to know where you stand on the Wenger situation before quantifying this post ?

Get real it was going to happen  its done now.Last two games in particular we have been useless and Seville could easily have done us 5 nil.

Thanks to Claudio and everyone else for last season but lets get a fresh impetus now ( banners down).Its up to the players now and whoever is in charge to do something on Monday.. Give our support to whoever.

4 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

They just unceremoniously dumped the greatest manager in our clubs history... 

Who was also in the process of bombing us out the Premier League so fast we were on the verge of breaking the sound barrier...

We face severe financial turmoil if we are relegated.  It couldn't continue and a decision had to be made.

5 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Apparently it was shakey that led the revolt last night, with the team selection the major discussion. 

Can you elaborate more?

There were some other strange things in that match, such as after Vardy hugging Ranieri, he cleary said something. I don't think it was abusive, but he might have known what was coming.

A shame it had to end this way but it's the right decision, without a doubt. If the players have stopped playing for him then it's the only solution. Otherwise we will get relegated and still have to change manager. 

Unfortunately Ranieri has done something that has managed to rattle the players and the backroom staff and his position became untenable. 

Hopefully we make a good appointment. 

I also find it weird that he didn't resign. Surely if the difference was missing out on a few quid the owners could have overlooked his contract, allowed him to resign with dignity and paid him off anyway. 

On the bright side my 12/1 next manager sacked came in so I'm £120 better off. 

10 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Christ alive, I think some of you have got genuine mental health problems the state of some of these reactions.

There is no one on this forum who would argue against the fact that Claudio is a legend, our greatest ever manager so far, and will deservedly go down in club folklore.

However, anyone with a working set of senses can see that we were destined for relegation the way things were going. The players were clearly not playing for him, and in some cases for each other. You can debate about the reasons why and who is to blame, but when the dressing room has been 'lost' which I think was self-evident, you can't, unfortunately, sack your entire playing staff, so you are left with only one other option.

His sacking is gut-wrenching, but the only decision that gives us the chance to stay in the premier league. Yes, relegation is not the end of the world, but it would set us back several years. The patronising comments from Carragher, Glendenning, Pat Murphy (mouthing off on 5live right now if anyone wants a hate-listen) et all are pathetic - like we don't deserve to have ambition or to see our club improve.

Did anyone really think we existed outside the 'modern football' bubble? Look at the contracts, the cars, the money the owners have put in. Our club will survive this, the nonsensical talk of shame and embarrassment will subside, and we now have a fighting chance of survival.

Thank you for everything Claudio. You're an absolute hero and I wish you all the best for the future. But I'm LTID, and this is the best decision for our football club.

Fantastic post. 

Archived