Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Shots Fired Outside House of Commons

Just now, tom27111 said:

Good job that was sarcasm. McGuinness is a hero to some on here lol

Being the Son of a soldier and Policeman and the nephew of the brother of a soldier who was MURDERED on McGuiness' orders, he will only ever be one thing to me

HERO describes the policeman that died today

I thought Teresa May spoke very well. I doubted her leadership qualities initially, but she came across as compassionate whilst determined not to let the terrorists stop our way of life.

I'm not really into politics. but I feel our country is in good hands right now with her at the helm.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Too far to the left to be a direct heart shot. That's his left lung.

In the words of Norman Tebbitt "I hope hes parked in a particularly hot corner of hell." The world is a sweeter, cleaner place now that he has gone. (Although a few days of excruciating pain would have been more preferable). Ie a bleed wound rather than a kill- but, who knew what he was carrying.

4 hours ago, Firegrande said:

Watching them poor children walking out of Westminster they must be so frightened being in there with all this going around them 

My daughter is studying Politics A level and she was there for a talk yesterday.Keep thinking what if.

Those poor innocent people.

9 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Being the Son of a soldier and Policeman and the nephew of the brother of a soldier who was MURDERED on McGuiness' orders, he will only ever be one thing to me

Not sure how this attack is related to McGuiness but he was a cold blooded killer hell bent on destabilising the Union. He had no reservations about creating or being involved in mass murder. His objective was to make Ireland wholly republican at whatever cost. He had no thought for human life in pursuit of his ideals. He was a raving Catholic who hated Protestants with a vengeance. He had no morals and clearly was prepared to kill mass numbers of whoever he thought was not of the same cult as him.

He gave up on violence and murder only when he knew the IRA had no future and had become beaten down by the UK and America so that there was nowhere else to turn. The funding from Libya evaporated under pressure from the UK and other governments and that meant they had no way of maintaining their campaign. He had two choices, become a politician and take the cowards way out by joining the very political circles he supposedly abhorred or stick by his actions and go to prison for life.

We know which choice he took.

14 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

In the words of Norman Tebbitt "I hope hes parked in a particularly hot corner of hell." The world is a sweeter, cleaner place now that he has gone. (Although a few days of excruciating pain would have been more preferable). Ie a bleed wound rather than a kill- but, who knew what he was carrying.

I agree a kill is a kill whether it's through the left eye or the left brain.

58 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's weird really because after all of today's events, my overriding emotion is one of pride.

Pride in our police and ambulance personnel, pride in the MP who spent 15 minutes trying to save a life, pride in the messages of support from around the world, and proud of the way that as a nation we won't let terrorists change our way of life.

I'm not often proud to be British these days, but today I am.

So much good. The response of the police and ambulance services rushing to the scene, and of passers by aiding those who were injured or dying. 

Really sad day, oddly gets worse the more times I see it on the news. Like others have said though, it really does make you proud to be British and appreciate the civility of the majority of the population. It's nice to see people are getting recognition for their heroics too. 

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The police officer who has sadly died - wasn't armed? The officers that protect Westminster don't have anything to protect themselves?

I go past the main vehicle entrance to the houses of parliament regularly on the bus and its nearly always manned by regular unarmed (I assume) officers. They have barriers at the gate and a concrete wall that surrounds most of the fence to prevent a car getting into the grounds. Nothing to stop a lone wolf taking on the officers at the gate. Obviously they have armed police nearby but rarely seen them at the entrance.

3 hours ago, lestajigs said:

It's a real shame, because our security services do an absolutely amazing job, without doubt the best in the world, but how the hell scum like this are free to roam is mental 

Because human rights legislation makes it hard. And no matter how flawed those laws might be there are still those who defend them.

Look into every terrorist attack in Europe and you'll find serious background on virtually every one.

In other words very few  of the attacks should have happened.

What's worse is that they probably wouldn't have happened if the security forces didn't have their way misted by human rights aspects of the law.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/human-rights/human-rights-act

40 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The policeman was a hero today 

Also being the close relative of victims of the troubles I understand your pain 

ill leave it at that 

I see some people on hear like to stir hatred and division 

@tom2711 deep shame on you to use today's terror attack and the death of people  to make a cheap and crass Point ... you should be ashamed 

your venom and hatred it clear to see, hatred is the root of all evil on this earth ! 

your part of the problem my friend NOT part of the solution 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

The policeman was a hero today 

Also being the close relative of victims of the troubles I understand your pain 

ill leave it at that 

I see some people on hear like to stir hatred and division 

@tom2711 deep shame on you to use today's terror attack and the death of people  to make a cheap and crass Point ... you should be ashamed 

your venom and hatred it clear to see, hatred is the root of all evil on this earth ! 

your part of the problem my friend NOT part of the solution 

Yesterday, you were condoning terrorists. Now you're jumping on the bandwagon  criticising them.

You can't have it both ways.

Innocent people dying is wrong.

I don't need to say anymore.

I'm not lowering myself to your level.

Blocked.

21 minutes ago, separator said:

I go past the main vehicle entrance to the houses of parliament regularly on the bus and its nearly always manned by regular unarmed (I assume) officers. They have barriers at the gate and a concrete wall that surrounds most of the fence to prevent a car getting into the grounds. Nothing to stop a lone wolf taking on the officers at the gate. Obviously they have armed police nearby but rarely seen them at the entrance.

They spend most of their time talking to tourists I guess; H&K MP5 rather detracts from the friendly look. 

Pretty shite if this fella was known to police imo.

It's like hearing about how that undercover cop infiltrated one of those big boy terror meetings, scores of people there listening to bile hatred and it takes months to put just a couple at the top away. 

Anyone caught at these meetings, anyone caught muttering hate, should be slapped straight into a dark hole somewhere. Zero tolerance. 

The sooner we stop shackling our security forces with ludicrous human rights the better. If you do wrong, you should automatically forfeit them. 

Why, when anything like this happens, do the 'progressives' spend their time condemning anyone who assumes it's a terrorist attack perpetrated by Islamic extremists and then once confirmed that it is the aforementioned type of attack spend their time condemning anyone who views Islam as a hostile religion. I'm not saying that all Muslims are extreme and I'm certainly not suggesting that having a go at Islam is an appropriate measure immediately after an attack but it just makes no sense to me that this is your priority. A bunch of people die due to despicable acts by someone with an evil ideology and your concern is to ensure the people who are frightened, worried, shocked and outraged by the attacks do not confuse this evil ideology with a whole religion? Your view that Islam is a peaceful religion, though not supported by evidence, is a fair viewpoint but why spout it in the faces of the grieving? You don't really see many Muslims doing the same, so why do you?

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Pretty shite if this fella was known to police imo.

It's like hearing about how that undercover cop infiltrated one of those big boy terror meetings, scores of people there listening to bile hatred and it takes months to put just a couple at the top away. 

Anyone caught at these meetings, anyone caught muttering hate, should be slapped straight into a dark hole somewhere. Zero tolerance. 

The sooner we stop shackling our security forces with ludicrous human rights the better. If you do wrong, you should automatically forfeit them. 

28 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Why, when anything like this happens, do the 'progressives' spend their time condemning anyone who assumes it's a terrorist attack perpetrated by Islamic extremists and then once confirmed that it is the aforementioned type of attack spend their time condemning anyone who views Islam as a hostile religion. I'm not saying that all Muslims are extreme and I'm certainly not suggesting that having a go at Islam is an appropriate measure immediately after an attack but it just makes no sense to me that this is your priority. A bunch of people die due to despicable acts by someone with an evil ideology and your concern is to ensure the people who are frightened, worried, shocked and outraged by the attacks do not confuse this evil ideology with a whole religion? Your view that Islam is a peaceful religion, though not supported by evidence, is a fair viewpoint but why spout it in the faces of the grieving? You don't really see many Muslims doing the same, so why do you?

Same answer to both posts.

Because drawing a line between decent folks and those who treat people as things when stuff like this happens, no matter their skin colour or personal beliefs, is important.

Those human rights separate us from the death-worshipping fascists that would see us all blown up or thrown from a building.

Those frightened, worried, shocked and outraged people need to know that they and billions of others, again regardless of skin colour or belief, stand separate. Even, and especially when, it seems that those 'different' to them don't appear to be on their side of that line.

RIP to those who have passed away. Thoughts are with those injured and aĺ family and friends, workers, citizens affected by this madness.

Was my wifes birthday today but not much to really celebrate given  what has happened. Puts things into perspective.

So much on my mind just best to say nothing  and stay composed. 

Shitz gotta change though.

29 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Same answer to both posts.

Because drawing a line between decent folks and those who treat people as things when stuff like this happens, no matter their skin colour or personal beliefs, is important.

Those human rights separate us from the death-worshipping fascists that would see us all blown up or thrown from a building.

Those frightened, worried, shocked and outraged people need to know that they and billions of others, again regardless of skin colour or belief, stand separate. Even, and especially when, it seems that those 'different' to them don't appear to be on their side of that line.

What do you mean same answer to both? At what point in my post did I discuss human rights?

Why is it so important? The United Kingdom is exceedingly tolerant of Islam. Leicester has almost as many mosques as it does churches, Qurans are equally as available as Bibles, schools teach Islam in as much detail as Christianity without bias. England is, although you'd probably have to say 'was' now, a  Christian country. If you take an Islamic country, it is the complete opposite. In many Islamic countries, possessing a bible is illegal, being free from religion is illegal, teaching of religion is for the most part only Islamic. Why would a progressive see British people showing signs of intolerance towards Islam as a priority after they have suffered a terrorist attack, rather than Muslims showing intolerance towards non-Muslims given that the latter is a much bigger problem?  Sure you can see both need to be resolved intolerance in general needs to be addressed BUT I don't see all these progressives condemning the intolerance of Muslims in the middle east anywhere near as much as Brits. It's just crazy logic to me. It's the same with feminists who spout words like "you're an Islamophobe!"  Are you mad, have you seen the inequality women face in a large amount of Islamic nations.

Such sad news to hear and my thoughts go out to those involved.

Incidents like this only bring people together and show what a strong and proud country we are.

The scary thing is, these type of incidents will only increase and escalate and the UK does not have the capacity to deal with it.

How is it that there are still unarmed police officers? Police forces too worried about the public perception.

Time to give the officers the equipment they need to be able to protect the public and themselves. Respect for police is rock bottom and terrorism is on the rise, police being a priority target.

Shocking.

Archived