Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well I still wouldn't say no to Ross Barkley as a solution to our midfield creativity issue

If Koeman says that he is 100% going then I can't for the life of me work out where he would go to...

He won't get in last years top 5 teams, and wants big wages...so that pretty much leaves us, doesn't it? 

I'd be happy if he does come - along with Smalling and the Ox then we'd have had a pretty good transfer window  lol 

Why aren't we going for Barkley? Without mahrez we don't even look like trying to score so we need at least one addition in that area. Everton to Leicester is a sideways move but he's not good enough for any team that finished above them last year, is he? 

Welbeck. Think he'd fit in well.  
Would be keen for game time.  
Wages shouldn't be a massive stumbling block if he wants regular game time with the world cup round the corner.
Proven.
Step up from Shinji.
Will stop scoring against us.
Can't imagine he would break the bank.

Knows what it takes to win at the highest level.

If he stays fit he could be a shrewd signing at the right price.

Ross Barkley. No link but what are peoples opinion?

he may be a nasty little ****er and have a damaging effect on the morale but surely better or as good as what we have?

i suppose everton would want big money too although he wants to leave and has only one year left on his contract.

I'd be interested if the price was reasonable (which i doubt it will be)

6 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Ross Barkley. No link but what are peoples opinion?

he may be a nasty little ****er and have a damaging effect on the morale but surely better or as good as what we have?

i suppose everton would want big money too although he wants to leave and has only one year left on his contract.

I'd be interested if the price was reasonable (which i doubt it will be)

just NO.  Leave it Roy... he's not worth it  (....or the fee or the wages). end of

On 26/07/2017 at 19:19, Swan Lesta said:

Well I still wouldn't say no to Ross Barkley as a solution to our midfield creativity issue.

Mahrez and the other winger are our midfield creativity. If not they need replacing and we need to change formation. The 2 CMs need to hold the spine of the team together and cover up the shaky defenders. I don't mind getting Barkley but he's down my list of players as well as midfielders. I think we'd be better off getting another RB and CB first (and signing Iheanacho).

45 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mahrez and the other winger are our midfield creativity. If not they need replacing and we need to change formation. The 2 CMs need to hold the spine of the team together and cover up the shaky defenders. I don't mind getting Barkley but he's down my list of players as well as midfielders. I think we'd be better off getting another RB and CB first (and signing Iheanacho).

Agreed 

Barkley rejected a new contract at Everton to seek " a new challenge " and,apparently,more money than £100k a week Everton offered him.He is not seeking a move to a mid table team,which is how he would view us.

A right back who will challenge Simpson for the spot.

We loaned out De Laet in January 2016. We knew we were going to loan him out. We've had Amartey as 2nd choice RB after 3 transfer windows. Please can we not go 4 transfer windows without getting a RB.

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

A right back who will challenge Simpson for the spot.

We loaned out De Laet in January 2016. We knew we were going to loan him out. We've had Amartey as 2nd choice RB after 3 transfer windows. Please can we not go 4 transfer windows without getting a RB.

Totally agree. I would love to ask our recruitment team why we have failed to address this for so long. Amartey is not a RB. Benny is not a RB and neither was Hernandez. Is it really that hard to find a decent enough genuine RB who can offer competition to Simpson? 

Hopefully it will finally be addressed in this window. 

I know people would get bothered by this because he is Algerian (and it may look like I'm biased towards my countrymen) but, I would really, really love it if we go after brahimi from Porto, supposedly Porto are in a financial problem and we can strong arm them into letting him go for about £25 million. Elite dribbler and amazing on the ball, is an upgrade on Marc and can even play as a CAM!

8qGjBm.gif

Please just announce Kelechi, clear out Musa and Ulloa.

King or James out and then bring in a prospect from Europe to compete for a starting place, someone like the attacking midfielder Davy Klassen from Ajax would be great but I doubt it'd be possible. Likewise if Mahrez leaves then I think Klassen's teammate Ziyech could be the perfect replacement or maybe even an upgrade. 

As for another defender I've started to think more and more about Debuchy, he's a former France international and has bundles of Prem experience - sure he is past his peak but he'd be good back up for Simmo or maybe even better with some more gametime under his belt. He can also fill in at CB or defensive midfield when need be. Thoughts?

Archived