Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I love this, 'they're successful businesmen'. Things work rather differently in Thailand!

yeah - its far removed from our meritocracy here where its 'who you know, not what you know' that matters ......................... hang on !

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can see this being a 'dog and cat' game, Arsenal making offers despite Leicester rejecting each one of them in return for a request for a better offer.

Is that similar to a cat-and-mouse game, only for more money..?

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Which is why no one wants him.

Ozil is apparently on £150,000 per week and, despite being mostly average in games last season in general, wants an increase in wages to tie him to the club.

Our owners would probably boost Mahrez's wages if he ever asked, for sure probably, but "no-one" may only not want him in fear he does what he did last season and not pull his weight fully for the team.

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

I think you're thinking of Tony Fernandes.

No I am not. I think you will find Vichai has a shareholding in Air Asia (Thailand).  And not being the National Carrier there is no monopoly.  Anyway the point of my original message was you would hope we do not get dicked over by Arsenal as Vichai is no mug when it comes to business. Suggest we move on.

Spoke to a friend this morning who works quite high up within the Paddy Power chain and I hope he's joking says that Mahrez will seal a deal to Arsenhole by the end of the week and the worst of what he told me was that it would be for only £25m, he said there may be a few add ons and maybe a player in with the deal so hoping he's wrong on this one trouble is his sources are quite reliable and has been spot on before !!

Cant believe the club will only let him go for such a pittance especially to that ?Hole of a club!!

All the speculation on fee is utterly pointless.... almost as pointless as fees themselves these days!

We've got to a point now where we may as well have an MLS trade system because clubs don't give a shit about a fee really, they make all their money on Merchandise and TV deals, the movement of players is probably a tiny consideration on the balance sheet at the end of the season.

Mahrez will move for an undisclosed amount that could be £45 million or could be £25 million, but really it won't matter or affect our transfer budget, if Shakespere wants to spend he'll be allowed to because we've made an absurd amount of money the last three years and will continue to this year. 

14 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Spoke to a friend this morning who works quite high up within the Paddy Power chain and I hope he's joking says that Mahrez will seal a deal to Arsenhole by the end of the week and the worst of what he told me was that it would be for only £25m, he said there may be a few add ons and maybe a player in with the deal so hoping he's wrong on this one trouble is his sources are quite reliable and has been spot on before !!

Cant believe the club will only let him go for such a pittance especially to that ?Hole of a club!!

FFS

Why would somebody at Paddy Power have a clue as to whether or not he's leaving let alone how much for.

Do Wenger and Vichai lay their bets directly with him and whisper club secrets in his shell like?

24 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Yeah. In fact, if it’s less than £40m I hope the Arsenal board at least have the decency to take Vichai, Top and Susan out for a nice meal before signing the deal. It’s nice to be wined and dined before you get ****ED!

Maybe a basic fee plus extra payments for every game Mahrez plays in the next 2 seasons, would be a good compromise?

The feeling among the Gooners seems to be ithat Mahrez is a very unreliable player (based on last season). Of course they are not the ones deciding whether to buy, but it's possible that Wenger and crew share a similar doubt as to his attitude.

14 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Maybe a basic fee plus extra payments for every game Mahrez plays in the next 2 seasons, would be a good compromise?

The feeling among the Gooners seems to be ithat Mahrez is a very unreliable player (based on last season). Of course they are not the ones deciding whether to buy, but it's possible that Wenger and crew share a similar doubt as to his attitude.

They probably don't but will state that to keep the price down and the extra will be add  ons. We should be savvy and add a sell on clause in case he blossoms further and makes it to his beloved Barca! 

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Of course his odds are that short... thousands of moronic Arsenal fans have put money on him off the back of one article in Italy.

Of course its people putting money on it that's how betting works 

I only posted it as I don't remember to many occasions where odds have been that low and not actually happened 

Hope no-one will damage his face on the wall on the graffiti art of the main title-winning players on King Richard's Road, like someone did when Kante left..

No need tl be bitter about a player leaving that helped a club win their first league title..

Holy crap, 110 pages of people angry at the fact that he wants to leave. 6 months ago most of those angered people wanted him out with threads like "when will we stop carrying Mahrez", and now that he wants to leave, they are angry?? Come on, either you support him or you don't, but don't switch agendas like that

Archived