Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester.14

Would you score?

if I was Vardy, and Leicester , found the "man the boss" in midfield...I would be look at 25-30goal

in my last 2 major seasons.

If I was Harry Kane, and Spurs create a golden era with this great young team I would look for records.. 30-40

If I stayed injury free.

For this Generation Kane and Vardy have found that something special, I hope their Clubs plus England

are clever enough to use it..

Rashford...young, too much expectation on his shoulders.....aint got that "it"   at least not yet.

One maybe but it's unlikely, Man City would probably be the best side to play for as Sterling and Sane quite often get to the byline and cut the ball back quite quickly - the defenders are travelling forwards and if you drop back a little bit their momentum carries them away from you so you have a little bit of space.

Hypothetically you'd be training everyday as well so you'd be fit enough to keep up with play except most of the blokes on this forum are in their 30s so they're too slow and fat anyway

Not many.

I always used to goal hang at school, still couldn't score! :crylaugh:

Penalties for example, we naturally think it should be a goal, don't think i'd score if i'm honest! :giggle: That said, when a professional is taking them then it should be a goal pretty much every time!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not many.

I always used to goal hang at school, still couldn't score! :crylaugh:

Penalties for example, we naturally think it should be a goal, don't think i'd score if i'm honest! :giggle: That said, when a professional is taking them then it should be a goal pretty much every time!

Not sure about penalties.

They held no fear for me and I did take them fairly regularly during my football years.

But, having spent a fair amount of time shooting at Peter Shilton in the gym beneath the centre-stand at Filbert Street as an early teenager, I was amazed how small he made the target seem and how hard it was to get the ball past him even without opposition.

His dedication, attention to angles and determination not to be beaten by anyone in any kind of game or training exercise was extraordinary and it would be easy to become intimidated even in taking what should be a straightforward penalty.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Zero. The defending is far too good and I don't have the skill to find space for myself.

This.

I doubt anyone on this forum would score a PL goal unless they were fit as fvck and played at least semi pro level.

If fact most of us wouldn't even get a kick, never mind score past some of the best keepers in the world.

Those saying they'd score even 1 or 2 are deluded.

If you were guaranteed to play for 90 minutes, you could pretty much do nothing except hang around the box- surely you'd get a few decent passes/crosses/lucky bounces over the course of the season. Depends what sort of team you were playing for, I suppose 

43 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This.

I doubt anyone on this forum would score a PL goal unless they were fit as fvck and played at least semi pro level.

If fact most of us wouldn't even get a kick, never mind score past some of the best keepers in the world.

Those saying they'd score even 1 or 2 are deluded.

38 games surrounded by professional players I'd score eventually I reckon.

Anyone who hasn't played at least step 4 and that's in the 20 years would be a total liability to any prem league team though.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

38 games surrounded by professional players I'd score eventually I reckon.

Anyone who hasn't played at least step 4 and that's in the 20 years would be a total liability to any prem league team though.

Exactly. I reckon the vast majority of us on here would do more harm than good.

We wouldn't get a sniff in all honestly. Most of us would be puffing after 10 minutes and the game would pass us by. Even if we did get into decent positions, we'd be caught offside or wouldn't have the ability to control the ball at pace.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced we'd all struggle to even get a half chance all season.

But then again, I could just be talking about me I suppose lol

11 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

20 - 30, you'd most likely convert 1 in 4 chances, against the top teams you'd get 2 - 3 chances in a match whearas against lesser teams you'd get 4 - 5 chances!

Unlikely, unless you're an undiscovered footballing genius! Messi converts ~15% of shots

I'd like to think I could get 1 or 2, but realistically a big fat 0. Let's face it even a bog standard prem defender could comfortably mark the average fan out the game while chewing a big cigar and without spelling any of his brandy. If I did ever find myself 4 yards out unmarked I'm sure I'd get that excited I'd kick my standing leg away and land smack on my face as I watched the ball trickle out of play to the sound of howls of derision from the kp crowd and the hateful tap tap tapping of the foxestalk match thread. lol 

I have another Q.

If let's say Bournemouth or Stoke (random team) were allowed to play with 12 men on the pitch for an entire season, all 38 games, where would they finish? Would Bournemouth playing 12 V 11 every game for a season get them top 3? Title winners?

How about Sunderland or Middlesbrough?

Fantasy? Perhaps 2 or 3 where the ball is pumped into the area at speed and you're lucky enough to lose attention for just one moment and stick a leg out for a chance you can't miss.

Reality? Marked out of the game, every game. Unless you're taking penalties (and even that is harder than it looks), not much of a chance.

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Fantasy? Perhaps 2 or 3 where the ball is pumped into the area at speed and you're lucky enough to lose attention for just one moment and stick a leg out for a chance you can't miss.

Reality? Marked out of the game, every game. Unless you're taking penalties (and even that is harder than it looks), not much of a chance.

Pretty much this. Only way I'd score in a Premier League season would be by a complete freak goal.

Also dont think any of us would score a penalty against a premier league keeper unless you play at least at a high amateur / semi professional level. Keepers at the highest level pretty much have to guess what way a peno will go as players generate so much power in a shot. For most of us, a keeper would just wait until we hit it and then inevitably make an easy save.

On 2017-5-27 at 06:25, tom27111 said:

I'm waiting for my golden boot.

I'm a natural finisher.

I can't run, I'm a luxury player, but I'm gifted of knowing where the goal is.

Imagine Fowler crossed with Le Tissier. lol

One ugly motherfooker?

Archived