Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Matty James to ......?

Guest FriendlyRam
8 minutes ago, Adster said:

Remember when Derby thought they were bigger than us? No they want our cast-offs lol.

We just want to do a 102 pointer promotion ala leicester style.. you can have them back once weve completed our 25 year master plan of gaining promotion.

2013/14 really does sting now though, more so than the moment keogh made the f*** up :(. weve tried and tried  since ffs lol.

We even had nigel pearson in for a good 4 months but to no success...

I would probably take 8mill. He's a quality player but is he really gonna get in ahead of Drinky, Ndidi, Iborra, Mendy, King, Amartey, Barnes. 

I would love love to see him back to full fitness and playing well for us but I just can't see how it will happen unless we get a major injury crisis. 

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I would probably take 8mill. He's a quality player but is he really gonna get in ahead of Drinky, Ndidi, Iborra, Mendy, King, Amartey, Barnes. 

I would love love to see him back to full fitness and playing well for us but I just can't see how it will happen unless we get a major injury crisis. 

Back at full fitness and playing well would put him ahead of Mendy, King, Amarey and Barnes in the centre for me.

4mill for a crock sounds okay, but 4 mill for a fit Matty James at his best is robbery.  

Its probably worth another loan to see where he's at, would hate to see him go there and reach his potential. 

IMO he is better than Hughes, from what I've seen of him anyway so they would be doing some top business if they pull it off 

Seems to me the right thing to do is to give Matty a choice. Stick around for the full preseason and try to earn a spot on the club, knowing it is unlikely to be starting considering who he'd have to displace, or have his agent make some inquiries and find the best situation for him.

I feel he's earned a chance to prove himself during preseason. I also feel like the Prem is a bit cut-throat with transfers, and if we make a habit of handling this sort of thing in cooperation with our players, we become an incrementally better place to play for recruits. This Mahrez situation feels a bit like bad business at the moment, not doing us any favors in that department. I hope Shakey has learned something there.

8 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Sell Sell Sell.  4M is more than he is worth, even in today's marketplace.  

In my opinion we'd be crazy to sell James or Lawrence (or both). We don't need the money and both would appear to have had excellent seasons in the Championship. As for James, Shakey certainly needs to take a good look at him pre season - particularly his fitness after such an awful injury.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I think you might be surprised next season. If he's fit he'll be ahead of King and could easily give Drinkwater a run for his money. Barnes has done nothing whatsoever to suggest he's even close to our starting 11 yet. He played ok in league one. James has performed in the championship last season alone and got rave reviews.

Bloody hell I'm agreeing with Babs !

Why is the answer on this forum always to loan out every player who is not (realistically) in first-team contention?  I swear every poster is obsessed with loans.  James isn't going to play for us.  He isn't a Premier League quality player.  He's 25, so not a kid who needs experience.  It is ok to actually permanently sell a player.

These “fragile” comments, am I missing something or did he not just have one horrendous injury that has ended many careers? Which he’s subsequently managed to return from.

He was ahead of Drinkwater when he got injured and if he’d stayed fit and been part of the the last few games of the great escape I think he’d have made the England team.

when he went down I thought we were relegated there and then... that’s how important I considered him back then. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Matty James is and always has been a solid midfielder. He isn't great, he's never been great and I doubt ever will be great.

He's had two horrible injuries. His last showing in the Prem, apart from the final 7 games was a bit of a disaster AND I can't see him getting anywhere near our first team.

For the good of the player and the club, let him go to a level where he can excel and resurrect his career.

I'm unsure that failing to be 'great' is a good mandate for selling our players - the vast majority of our squad are not 'great'. James has never had a bad season for us and he excelled for Barnsley last season. When fit, he's consistently shown much more than both King and Amartey and I'm confident that CS sees that too. 

26 minutes ago, vanity said:

Seems to me the right thing to do is to give Matty a choice. Stick around for the full preseason and try to earn a spot on the club, knowing it is unlikely to be starting considering who he'd have to displace, or have his agent make some inquiries and find the best situation for him.

I feel he's earned a chance to prove himself during preseason. I also feel like the Prem is a bit cut-throat with transfers, and if we make a habit of handling this sort of thing in cooperation with our players, we become an incrementally better place to play for recruits. This Mahrez situation feels a bit like bad business at the moment, not doing us any favors in that department. I hope Shakey has learned something there.

The only people that need to learn is Mahrez and his agent.

First lesson don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Second lesson no one man is bigger than the club

Third lesson ignore the first two then your a thick cvnt

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Such hyperbole.

It really is utter nonsense to be calling Matty James 'great'. 

He wasn't great. He was part of a midfield of a City team that spent three quarters of the season rooted to the base of a division and having the longest unwinning run in the history of the club, I believe?

Great.... lol

This......top post spot on.  

Archived