Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

The Claude Puel Era - what will he bring?

Listening to the boot room and clips from his press conference.

I'm sorry but I can't understand him, I can't follow him, I zone out.

As I said after Saturdays game, ok the second half was boring and almost sent me to sleep anyway but his post match interview actually sent me to sleep, no word of a lie.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Listening to the boot room and clips from his press conference.

I'm sorry but I can't understand him, I can't follow him, I zone out.

As I said after Saturdays game, ok the second half was boring and almost sent me to sleep anyway but his post match interview actually sent me to sleep, no word of a lie.

I dont really get people complaining about this. Shakespeare was boring. Ranieri was only nice to listen to when we were winning. It will be the same with Puel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont really get people complaining about this. Shakespeare was boring. Ranieri was only nice to listen to when we were winning. It will be the same with Puel

Can't argue with that.

My points still remain though.

As boring as Shakespeare was I understood him and I could have an opinion on what he said and he never quite sent me to sleep, I could understand Ranieri and again have an opinion.

Puel...:dunno:

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Funny thing is the people who complain about him being boring are the same who cheer and like the boring players (hard work and all that) whilst systematically destroying the gifted ones at the slighest mistake. Go figure.

I listened to his first press conference and that was it until now.

However, I would like to think he expresses himself through the football played on the pitch and so far I am completely behind what he seems to be trying to do. I believe he's a real student of the game and I trust his knowledge of our squad/ where he thinks he can improve it. 

Allez le Puel.

The last guy we couldnt understand a word from...won us the PL.

I dont have that need to want  understand, what he says in interviews, or if he bores me!!!

He only has to get my team LCFC...chasing the top 8, with a high % of good entertaining performances...

and a good outlook and base  for the future. He achieves that then he can....

seem to be all "Greek to me"...Croak English with an unaudable French twang..I wouldnt care!!!!

That said...I understand his  everyword, and after a few weeks so called fans  cheap shots become less humerous, become

eerrrm borrrring...:)

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That's actually very untrue.

Whilst he might have 'straight batted' his press conferences I have heard it said that Shakes could have been a stand up comedian.  No really. 

Mind you, Peter Taylor did a mean Norman Wisdom impression apparently.

(No, that's true too.)

8 hours ago, murphy said:

That's actually very untrue.

Whilst he might have 'straight batted' his press conferences I have heard it said that Shakes could have been a stand up comedian.  No really. 

Mind you, Peter Taylor did a mean Norman Wisdom impression apparently.

(No, that's true too.)

Someone told me the same about Puel

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Puel's extremely monotonous but I don't think he talks a bad game.

Exactly this. I don't mind his interviews at all, as has been mentioned Shakespeare was quite a dull and awkward interviewee whereas Puel just strikes me as quiet - don't know why people don't just read transcripts of Claude's interviews if they're that offended.

Long as we do the business on the pitch it's secondary for me anyway. Martin Allen was superb with the media but an atrocious man manager.

Don't give a crud what he sounds like in an interview, just like I didn't particularly care what Pearson, or Holloway, or Ranieri etc did. What matters is what we do on the pitch. If we're winning every week he could mime his way through each press conference for all I care.

mime-artist-costume-3677--%5B2%5D-3327-p

• Like 2

Despite the second half he does seem to want us to play it around more and into midfield. This could've been done over the summer though, it's clear the people in charge rated him, he was rumoured to be leaving Southampton well before pre-season so we could've got him then and given him six weeks to get the players in he wanted and implement his style.

I'm not defending him for tonight's second half, it was awful to watch, but trying to overhaul a style mid-season isn't easy. The needless dithering over the summer was ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Despite the second half he does seem to want us to play it around more and into midfield. This could've been done over the summer though, it's clear the people in charge rated him, he was rumoured to be leaving Southampton well before pre-season so we could've got him then and given him six weeks to get the players in he wanted and implement his style.

I'm not defending him for tonight's second half, it was awful to watch, but trying to overhaul a style mid-season isn't easy. The needless dithering over the summer was ridiculous.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Then you remember we have Rudkin and his team.

Thing is, it’s ok trying to play silky football but when you take on the best teams playing their way, they take you apart because they have better players also playing silky football. We’ve just had our attempt at short passing nullified by one good player (lanzini) and a bunch of hackers in a poor side that are struggling for confidence. We are better playing fast and more direct and utilising the pace of gray, Mahrez and Vardy. Pinging it around in midfield could be embarrassing when we play Spurs, when they have more (and better) players in central midfield. If we haven’t got the players to play a certain way then don’t try it. 

• Like 1