Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

I thought we did alright for part of the first half but that was probably gifted to us as they were nervous . We didn't match them for effort at all and trying to play little triangles on the edge of the box is fcuking ridiculous we are not Barcelona. And this was West Ham we were playing, what you don't wantt to do is give away set pieces in dangerous areas , uhh hello.

Overall pretty sh#t performance certainly a 'work in progress' for Claude.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Chilwell was bought on to protect Fuchs

Slim was brought on too late.

Shinji would've spent the entire time on the floor and touching the ball very little. We've got a tall team but they played the air and beat us there.

The subs werent bad choices, but yeah, Slim came on a minimum of 10 minutes too late

The goal knocked the stuffing out of us. We weren't playing exceptionally but had enough of the ball to feel comfortable enough and the opportunities to break. If we'd had more conviction at least four times with the final ball/ deciding to pass earlier we could've created decent chances.

The second half was just a non-event and a classic example of playing the occasion, not the opposition. Their crowd were louder but didn't create that much and we wasted the opportunity to break ourselves.

Hopefully a few of these players are moved on soon and we can fully implement a passing style that the players feel ok with.

5 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Genuinely believe we win comfortably if Shinji starts. 

Mahrez has, and never will work playing in the number 10 role.

Not convinced Claude, not convinced.

How So? Shinji has 2 good games followed by 5 anonymous games where he looks like a pub player.

Mahrez creates more and scores more than Shinji.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Another game where key things went against us at crucial moments, which if they went differently would have resulted in a vastly different result.

Should have had a pen which would have put them to bed, and an individual error on the stroke of half-time gave their fans a reason to shout. From there on in it was inevitably going to be an uphill battle. 

Should have won. That wasn't enjoyable to watch but given the circumstances after 45 minutes, you have to take a point. 

No point bringing up a hypothetical pen. We didn't deserve to win tonight. Period.

lol

This forum...

Am I the only one who thinks a point away from home against a side who really had to win, is actually a good result?

We defended resolutely and limited them to hardly any chances.

We'd have lost that under Shakey.

I remind myself why I come on here less and less.

lol

Leaving aside the obvious Mahrez and Gray criticisms...  :rolleyes:

It’s apparent to anyone with eyes that Christian Fuchs has utterly lost his mojo. He used to defend like a demon and occasionally bomb forward and set up good stuff up front.

Now he just watches attackers run past him.

I want the old Fuchs back. He will always be a legend but it might be time to move on.

:(

On a more positive note, Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton have both come in for a ton of stick in here, and both contributed well to a lot of the good stuff we did.

Iborra remains a class above.

Archived