Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

12 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

Iheanacho...I think we have unearthed a serious rival to Junior Lewis for the worst player ever to pull on a City shirt. 

He scored well for his last club, and for his country, as did Musa and Slimani. 

When you have 3 near record signing strikers all turning pisspoor when they join us, you do wonder what we are doing to them! What is it? wrong system? wrong coaching? the negative midas touch? 

• Like 1

Comments on here as bad as the game. On an evidently rock hard pitch on which players couldn't turn or fall without risking injury you'd want to risk an already injury hit squad with Mahrez, Maguire, Iborra, Ndidi? Pitch was a leveller, but honestly if any of those named had played and got injured Puel would have been slaughtered on here. It was an away tie we didn't lose job done. Rest is surface junk. As for squad isn't deep enough, yes that's been clear all season, particularly up front. Move on.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

When you have 3 near record signing strikers all turning pisspoor when they join us, you do wonder what we are doing to them! What is it? wrong system? wrong coaching? the negative midas touch? 

This is what I just don’t understand. How can he go from looking decent at Man City, to what he is now, which is woeful. 

• Like 1

Watching at X 2 speed only half as bad as some suggest :ph34r: positives reserve goalie got a run out, Chilwell got some game time and the rest of the back four got a run out, Kasper,Harry,Fuchs all rested so have had nearly 2 weeks off before the next game and Morgan and Simpson got more time to recover from injury. Barnes got a run out that many called for and silva and James got some much practice, Demi Grey played the full 90 mins, Slimani got some more game time and even Andy King played the full game so the haters can have a real pop at him even Shinji and Albrighton got a run out out with a cameo from Nacho. Iborra Mahrez Wilf and Vardy also got a rest. Puel also had the chance to try out a few things that did not work but has the chance to put it right. Fans get the  chance to watch the replay at £10 a  ticket where more fringe players can get a run out. We did not play well but are still in the draw and another big positive is we are not Stoke.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Wasn't there a rumour that at least two of them were going out on loan to the Turkish club Pisspor? 

• Haha 1

I don't blame Puel. The players were indifferent. Fleetwood was beating them to the ball and making the better effort over and over again. Professional players are responsible for showing up and playing hard and to their skill level. The team selection was adequate to win this game if the players competed. FFS, Demari Gray is probably worth more than their team in it's entirety. Nothing more damning than the fact that we had no bloody shots on goal. I'd have been fine seeing that stoppage time goal go in, I'd have felt some satisfaction to see the deserving side rewarded

Stupid me woke up at 4:45 a.m. to tune that in. 

59 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

With all the best intentions its impossible to say anything positive about the game

I will help!

1) We are not Stoke

2) We have not been knocked out of the cup

3) Vardy will get to play against his old club.

4) Replay will be on a decent pitch.

Thank you and have a nice day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I will help!

1) We are not Stoke

2) We have not been knocked out of the cup

3) Vardy will get to play against his old club.

4) Replay will be on a decent pitch.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Fair dooz

Wasnt a good way to spend 2 hours though :(

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Those people moaning over the number of changes we made for this game need to also think how they would have reacted if a first 11 player got injured against Fleetwood?

And when are the fringe players supposed to get a game if not games like this? What would the reaction be like if a player gets an injury against Chelsea and we’ve not given game time to anyone outside the usual staring 11?

It’s also kind of nice to think Vardy might actually get a cameo appearance in this fixture after all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

The only regret I have is them hitting the post in the last minute or so. I wish they’d scored.

For two reasons: firstly I’d gone on them to win at 5/1

secondly, cos they were the only team trying to win. 

We deserved to lose that game. All those on here saying ‘it was a good run out for the lads’ and all this gubbins.... nah, not having that. We just didn’t look bothered.

We didn’t deserve to lose as Fleetwood created absolutely feck all

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We didn’t deserve to lose as Fleetwood created absolutely feck all

Apart from hitting the woodwork twice and a couple of very good headed chances from corners. The main thing is that we didn't seem interested and it was us, a Premiership side, that created nowt.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We did not have one shot on goal! whatever team we put out that is disgusting 

I hope Puel and Appleton, go to every single player from today , and ask them that question.

Why and how is it possible, that you bunch of super potential high earners, couldnt team up

at least 2 or 3 times, to get one of you to get in a position to have a decent chance on Goal.

They played today to protect themselves, there was no team , nor individual commitment, to

take any forward move as an individual or create for the team.

I have been one of the few that has defended King or Stalwart  took on his case. Even though James is coming

from injury, but King and James should of been making the tact, with support from Silva.

Slimani Barnes and Gray, were given little back-up, though Gray , m u st not have a great game, but must

be  more creative and authoritive on the Ball...Not once did we put them under any pressure,

I am sorry you cuties...you earn enough, at Least to show endeavour and a 1st class attitude....

Another point, anybody who thinks a replay, is too much for our squad, is using a pathetic Excuse or 

argument.That goes also  for the management and players..We can have rotation, even this extreme..

If these wanna-bes are as good as their agents and friends will have them believe...

They all Today had their chance to show and advance their potential or put down the doubts...

They Should have, without being too explosive..they look in the mirror tonight and recognise they failed,

and that display was their..blame to take,  not Puels nor coaching staff.

A reason maybe that shows our thai owners, we really do have to up the fringe quality, and top 12, even more

If we want to consistently compete for a top 6 place...

I am Not nagging or being obtusely  negative, just an observation.

Puel for me has been doing the right thing, today no probs with selection, he gave the also  -rans a run out,

they didnt turn up...at all.This is the lacksidasical train of thought, that stops potential in its track, and prevents

Good PL teams breaking into  and keeping a constent routine to attack and compete for the top 8 positions..

Upto today I have been comfortable, with the use of encouraging and motivating the 2nd choice or fringe players.

Today was no exception, the only issue was, certain players just didnt deem it necessary, to showcase that so called

Future potential.....They flunked it...Puel has learnt more, hes seen who wants it...!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Apart from hitting the woodwork twice and a couple of very good headed chances from corners. The main thing is that we didn't seem interested and it was us, a Premiership side, that created nowt.  

Woodwork ? What from a deflected pot shot and a goalkeeper fumble. Were the headers anywhere near the goal? 

They were organised but had absolutely no threat. BBC get banging on about their set pieces and our keeper never had to make a save from them. In the same way they never called us out that we were absolutely diabolical. 

I’d been alienated by BBC’s coverage if I was a lower league fan. It was full of cliche and little research.

The draw was the correct result and cynically its what a lower league teams want because of the financial gain they receive. 

The most obvious observation is that it's a horrible thing for players of their pedigree to play on a pitch like that, in a place like that, against guys you know little about but who know everything about you. We stumbled against Grimsby and Hereford under O'Neill. Ferguson's United against Wrexham, among others. It happens to the best. And we may have got away with it.

The second most obvious thought - in light of how many of these players have done for us in the past - is how can a side worth £100m+ be so inept? How can things get to a point when such investment looks so ineffective, and not only in this match.

Puel can't take the blame for that, and neither do I think we should be lambasting him for the selection when you look at the value of our line-up, and consider that 7 of the 14 today either started the last game or are likely to start the next. I believe most people were, in the pre-match, hoping for an even more inexperienced line-up than the one we got. In fact, you could argue that Thomas, Hughes, Choudhury would actually be better acquainted with sides and locations like this than some of our more 'experienced' faces. So I don't see that as an issue.

Beyond that, there is a question about how we've responded as a squad to the rotation in recent weeks. It's been a far greater rotation than in previous years and, while it made sense today, over time I think it's affected our cohesiveness.

If I were to question Puel, it would be more about the idea of a 4-5-1, with no obvious attacking central midfielder, against weaker opposition. We've struggled for shots of late, and several people have said it's not about the quality of the opposition but rather our own set-up. Today asks a few more questions.

Finally, a few individuals didn't come out of it well. The full backs weren't the biggest culprits, but both were prone to sloppy mistakes at times. King went backwards far too often, never put his foot on it and looked for the run (which meant Silva, Gray, Barnes were largely sidelined while he went backwards, and Benalouane hammered it). James was poor. Benalouane's distribution is totally incompatible with what Puel is trying to do. Slimani got no supply but didn't help himself either. Barnes made zero impact and didn't look much like a young man who was revelling in the occasion.

But these things do happen and a lot of lessons were out there to be learned today. Let's not over-react.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vanity said:

I don't blame Puel. The players were indifferent. Fleetwood was beating them to the ball and making the better effort over and over again. Professional players are responsible for showing up and playing hard and to their skill level. The team selection was adequate to win this game if the players competed. FFS, Demari Gray is probably worth more than their team in it's entirety. Nothing more damning than the fact that we had no bloody shots on goal. I'd have been fine seeing that stoppage time goal go in, I'd have felt some satisfaction to see the deserving side rewarded

Stupid me woke up at 4:45 a.m. to tune that in. 

You weren't the only one. Set three alarms to wake for that.