Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

39 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Top 10 is success. We've lost someone who had a handed in about 30 plus of our goals last season. The squad's evolving and other teams have invested a lot. Last season the target should have been 7th but this season I'd like looking at 10th. 

That's true. I dont think anyone can expect a top 7 finish, maybe not even top 10 if we dont change formation and end up going into the season with Gray (inconsistent, cant score), Diabate (no clue if he will be any good) and Albrighton (cant score, can only cross) as wingers.

Need a top class one.

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

We lost a player who despite his tantrums, depression and whatever, was a major contributor to our goal threat..

Maddison is a gamble, Gray has yet to prove himself, Diabaté is still rough, Nacho blows hot and cold, Silva is an unknown. The whole team is in the (re)build phase.

We're going to be hit and miss A LOT before things start to click, if they click. How can people think about top 6 is beyond me. 

You have to be consistently good and have a couple world class players to expect challenge the top 6. How is that going to happen this season, unless we have a miracle transfer window?

Watch people wanting Puel out after three games. Or less.

Yeah, he never had over half of last season did he :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For me, the bare minimum is simply to see the boys playing some nice football, with a clear tactical plan and no more square pegs in round holes. I have no positional expectation. Just to be entertained and to see what we are trying to do.

Fall into the same boat, at the end of the day finishing 8th or 13th is unlikely to make me feel much different. What I would like is some exciting games, half decent football and to feel like we have a team that giving everything with a manager whose long term vision is working, seeing improvements here and there and feeling like we are moving in the right direction as a team and finding a way to move on from the best team we've ever had.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

We lost a player who despite his tantrums, depression and whatever, was a major contributor to our goal threat..

Maddison is a gamble, Gray has yet to prove himself, Diabaté is still rough, Nacho blows hot and cold, Silva is an unknown. The whole team is in the (re)build phase.

We're going to be hit and miss A LOT before things start to click, if they click. How can people think about top 6 is beyond me. 

You have to be consistently good and have a couple world class players to expect challenge the top 6. How is that going to happen this season, unless we have a miracle transfer window?

Add to that only two of the players you have mentioned are Puel signings 

We’ve made a few decent transfers so far but Rudkin needs to crack on

Still not convinced about our recruitment team 

absolutely  not convinced with Puel it will take a lot for me to forget second half of last season , beyond bad at times

Genuinely want to be wrong but!

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

That's true. I dont think anyone can expect a top 7 finish, maybe not even top 10 if we dont change formation and end up going into the season with Gray (inconsistent, cant score), Diabate (no clue if he will be any good) and Albrighton (cant score, can only cross) as wingers.

Need a top class one.

Even if they could cross consistently who's going to put it in the net? Apart from Ulloa (bench) and Slimani (probable loan or bench), we don't have a "center forward". Moreover from my observation of the transfer rumors, we ain't looking for one either. 

Edited by Smudge

Some of the comments on here just make me laugh . Puels fault he’s dismantling our winning team everyone’s  not happy because of Puel so that’s why their all leaving . He’s destroying our team spirit . NEWFLASH  that all went way before Puel was here . It was pretty much gone in Ranieri’s second season . We’ve all heard of rumours of Ryad and Vardy falls outs, no one really liking Kaspa Wes and Simpson spitting their Dummy’s out etc etc . Add to this Ryad has been wanting to leave for god knows how long Drinky couldn’t get out of here quick enough and rumours of player power and god knows what else . It’s been obvious for a long time that it’s not been a happy ship at Leicester and things neeeded sorting . What Iv seen so far football wise I am not totally convinced but I can see that  Puel it trying to shift some dead wood  hence all the loans last season. I also think possibly  some of  rumours of players not being happy is because Puel has told them they a surplus or they are some of the old guard who are being dropped . Who seriously wants players that  are happy not to play . So minus Ryad the only other player we have heard of wanting to leave (if true ) is Kaspa who apparently has an attitude and has had a bust up Puel all of this is just rumours except the part where it all Puel’s fault  apparently 

Edited by baldeagle

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's what plenty of people want, isn't it? The likes of Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Albrighton to all be moved on. Mahrez wanted to go before Puel, Kante and Drinkwater did. It's only Schmeichel rumoured to be going from that team solely under Puel's watch.

Yep exactly he’s damned  if he doesn’t damned if he does . And who ever comes in will have the same problem 

• Like 1

Think most people wanted Puel gone for good reasons. Think most people are prepared to go with the Owners on this one, through gritted teeth mind you. Won't take a lot for the Stadium to become toxic if the sideways football continues. Personally, I think he's lucky to be manager of this great club and got virtually no faith in the fella.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yep exactly he’s damned  if he doesn’t damned if he does . And who ever comes in will have the same problem 

no one wants to accept it but the process needed to start the summer we were celebrating the title win

• Like 4

12 hours ago, les-tah said:

Without a suitable Mahrez replacement a relegation fight is more likely than a top 6 challenge. 

With the remnants of the title winning side virtually swept away, and with it the team spirit and unity forged by Pearson in the magnificent championship win and subsequent Great Escape, I believe this could be a very tricky season. I’d be happy with anything in the top half.

• Like 1

Our best hope is to go and try and get him before he leaves as often managers want a break when they do that. I'd take the risk and bin Puel tonight and then go knocking for Rafa all guns blazing with the promise of £50-100m.

6 hours ago, That_Dude said:

No matter how sometimes the negative Posters Seem to be irritating and fishwife naggers,many are

Also stalwart Fox supporters..and even if it is somewhat naive,I believe most of us,do have varying

Expectations,but also fair enough,to give Puel balanced support.It wont be whether we are chasing,

top 4,but how "OUR" Team,in developement ,actually individual/Team potential translation will evolve.

if we turn up with committed stable performances and some decent results and showing.

No More long periods of continual turgid performances.

I suppose we all just want to sitback,relax and enjoy simply just watching us turn out quality performances,that

draws us Into being proud of our LCFC seasons Team.And not have too many of those continual dreaded moments.

We want/need Puel to create an ERA and a positive history over the Next few seasons..simples

more of this:scarf:

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Loving the positivity boys. 

I'm not a Puel out guy but I think Benitez is in a different class.

I would also be very happy If Puel excelled this year

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 2