Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

It's funny but when you are clear of relegation you want attractive football. When you are in the relegation zone you want Allardyce football.

I expect us to be a mid-table club this year & want attractive footy.

I'm not too bothered about the style of play as long as it gets reasonable results. Barring the bit of a bounce shortly after he arrived, the football under Puel has been neither attractive or effective.

Add to that we've lost arguably our best player and are clearly in transition and it doesn't bode well. People will laugh and happy clappers will shoot me down but I reckon we're staring a relegation battle in the face. 

Far far bigger clubs than us have gone down after naively assuming their team was mid-table quality at worst.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

What are the new rumors? I’m aware of many old rumors.

Nothing really just the odd comment in here that crops up about certain players not wanting to play for Puel or not liking him etc.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CslFox said:

I'm not too bothered about the style of play as long as it gets reasonable results. Barring the bit of a bounce shortly after he arrived, the football under Puel has been neither attractive or effective.

Add to that we've lost arguably our best player and are clearly in transition and it doesn't bode well. People will laugh and happy clappers will shoot me down but I reckon we're staring a relegation battle in the face. 

Far far bigger clubs than us have gone down after naively assuming their team was mid-table quality at worst.

Bigger, but not better.

There's been clubs in the past like Newcastle and Leeds who thought their club was too big to go down but in reality their playing squad was absolute shite. 

• Like 1

We are easy mid table. It will be interesting to see if Puel can get Vardy back on form after a dismal world cup for him (I would be very depressed if I were Vardy, knowing that my manager would rather keep a limping mouth breathing horse on the pitch rather than put me on as the perfect plan B - when it was patently bloody obvious it wasn't working). 

Rant aside - there is much to look forward to for LCFC this season. 

15 hours ago, Bozman said:

That may feel like success to you , I'd bet that our owners wouldn't feel the same way, its the nature of the beast.

Then they need realism, if you as an owner, want progression year on year, you dont sell your best players and not replace them. Mahrez isnt replaceable of equal quality anyway, but at least try to replace the guy.

If you stand still in the summer, you actually move backwards because other teams are strengthening, some quite significantly.

I am also concerned with our form at the end of last season, it was relegation form, remember the peter taylor era when that happened?

With our squad as it is right now and also looking at our poor pre season schedule, I would consider top 15 a success.  We have gone backwards significantly since the title win.

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Please people stop this Fuching negativity around Puel already. We haven't kicked a ball yet. It is pathetic. Get behind our manager and our owners. 

I can't believe we are moaning about transfer activity also. We have made four excellent signings. Totally fed up of the need of instant, instant all the time. People looking for marques signings. 

Wet Spam are "collecting" players again rather than trying to build a team by just getting names. They will fail as they are not looking at the bigger picture. We did the same with Sven a few years ago.

In summary, show some patience people. Get behind Claude and the boys. I'm sure we will have another winger in and CB. The window closes on Aug 9th. Many big players are still on holiday after the WC also.

Hahahaa I think you're being very preseumptious about West Ham and very naive about us but some positivity isn't a bad thing. I think there's a lot of off the field issues at our club that have been holding us back for a while now and regardless of the manager will hamper us. The manager has very little faith from the fans and the owners will expect a fast start which will be very difficult, I think there's a sense of inevitability that he'll likely be gone within a few months and it's causing apathy.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa I think you're being very preseumptious about West Ham and very naive about us but some positivity isn't a bad thing. I think there's a lot of off the field issues at our club that have been holding us back for a while now and regardless of the manager will hamper us. The manager has very little faith from the fans and the owners will expect a fast start which will be very difficult, I think there's a sense of inevitability that he'll likely be gone within a few months and it's causing apathy.

I understand what you are saying. It is hard to forget the run at the end of the season. But just remember we finished 9th and Puel got us there from 17th when he took over. As an outsider looking in, we seem to be addressing off field issues. I think the restructure of the coaching staff was a starting point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I understand what you are saying. It is hard to forget the run at the end of the season. But just remember we finished 9th and Puel got us there from 17th when he took over. As an outsider looking in, we seem to be addressing off field issues. I think the restructure of the coaching staff was a starting point. 

We were in 13th position when he took over.

Another one of those bloody urban myths that needs debunking asap.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Worrying all these rumours of players not wanting to play for Puel. But they are just rumours aren't they?

Some of the players we have on our books downed tools to get Ranieri sacked so probably not rumours. I think a lot of our players think they can do what they want. Hopefully keeping Puel around is a move by the owners to tell them who is actually in charge.

7 hours ago, JohnLennon said:

Bigger, but not better.

There's been clubs in the past like Newcastle and Leeds who thought their club was too big to go down but in reality their playing squad was absolute shite. 

Ours isn't.

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Were 14th actually. After his first game in charge (4 days after joining) we beat Everton and went up to 11th.

13 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

What are the new rumors? I’m aware of many old rumors.

These rumours Were built up on this forum,then picked up by low level/quality Journalist,or

Sport papers lacking any sensible news....There is  simply no story,just blaggards on this forum....

Edited by fuchsntf

Couple of bits from post match. Puel Seemed more concerned with outgoings then incoming transfers in post match interview. Kept talking about numbers of players in squad, too many attackers and too many midfielders, needing to find a better balance. 

His English seemed to be quite a bit better through the interview as well. 

I'd like to ask all the miserable know-it-alls one small favour. If/when you're proven wrong, will you all return to this thread, humbly, and say 'well, I really know very little - I'll think twice before shutting my mind and opening my mouth next time.'?

I'd like to think so, rather than try to excuse your nonsense after the fact with a load of anti-intellectual whataboutery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

Couple of bits from post match. Puel Seemed more concerned with outgoings then incoming transfers in post match interview. Kept talking about numbers of players in squad, too many attackers and too many midfielders, needing to find a better balance. 

His English seemed to be quite a bit better through the interview as well. 

He's right.

The fact that we can field three teams worth of senior players needs addressing urgently for the sake of the wage bill, FFP and more importantly squad harmony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to ask all the miserable know-it-alls one small favour. If/when you're proven wrong, will you all return to this thread, humbly, and say 'well, I really know very little - I'll think twice before shutting my mind and opening my mouth next time.'?

I'd like to think so, rather than try to excuse your nonsense after the fact with a load of anti-intellectual whataboutery.

What about if Puel is a failure. Will you come back on here & admit you were wrong about him? Or will you pass the buck onto the players & owners?

• Like 3