Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Ricardo Pereira

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

You silly, silly sausage.

He's right. Rod Wallace looked like Brazilian Ronaldo up there.

So while we're killing time on the Pereira front ...

10 hours ago, Captain... said:

It seems people still don’t understand Simpson’s job in the title side. 

He wasn’t there to block crosses, his job was to encourage crosses, he defended narrow deliberately to leave a big gap on the flanks and this discourages forwards from running at the centre backs and sends them wide. Crosses were meat and drink to Huth and Morgan. We let the opposition have the ball out wide, frustrate them until they cross it.

What I haven’t figured out, in our post-Claudio defensive tactics … when Fuchs is in, he now plays wide and wanders like a gypsy.  But Simmo still stays near the post no matter what incursion comes down the wing.  It looks lopsided.  Opponents have increasingly chosen to attack the green acres down the left.  :dunno:

32 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...have they got any Venezuelan Beaver Cheese? 

I saw that today in my local Aldi. PM me if want me to buy a slab and export from Austria.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Captain... said:

It seems people still don’t understand Simpson’s job in the title side. 

He wasn’t there to block crosses, his job was to encourage crosses, he defended narrow deliberately to leave a big gap on the flanks and this discourages forwards from running at the centre backs and sends them wide. Crosses were meat and drink to Huth and Morgan. We let the opposition have the ball out wide, frustrate them until they cross it. Much like teams have done to us at home this season. It was unconventional but effective, the fact Puel has tried to turn him into an overlapping full back is ridiculous.

This is absolute bollocks.

It's true we encouraged teams out wide, we stuck our full backs inside and pushed kante and drinky narrow to do this - and kante in particular forced them even wider - but the idea Simpson wasn't supposed to block the crosses is complete and utter crap. Otherwise why did Fuchs block them? 

Pushing teams out wide then back is Italian defending 101. Not get them out wide then back off and let them cross ffs.

It seems some people don't understand fairly basic Italian defending as much as they think they do.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Mrfox452 said:

Is this close to being done?

Didnt check the thread for a couple of days and suddenly we've signed a player?

Thought we'd be dragging it out like we do with every signing.

Depends on who you ask!

Looks like it might be at the stage were we're talking to the player but it' all guess work and going off a Portuguese version of the sun.

don't  know

2 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Dont know but just been told all Portuguese players have been told sort your deals before we meet.

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Even if this does happen it wont be till after the world cup.

No player in the right mind representing their national team will make a move now.

his pays gone up four fold an  injury he gets fa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

well that's not true is it? Maguire was signed fairly quickly last season. 

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Even if this does happen it wont be till after the world cup.

No player in the right mind representing their national team will make a move now.

Pretty sure he is quoted as saying he wants his future resolved before the World Cup.

I've read a few players mention similar things too. Think it allows them to focus on the competition and not fannying about with agents and contracts