Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Spurs lucky not to be down to 9 men and not given away a penalty.

Two penalties!

It'd be classic Pawson to gift them a penalty from a Dele Alli dive late on in the game though.

• Like 1

Spuds do make a habit of playing with nine or ten men in these end of season games.  Finally had to force Pawson's hand lol

Clean sheets so far thanks to two brilliant efforts.  MotM Bournemouth: Travers  ...   MotM Spuds: Pawson

Just now, Aus Fox said:

On another day Spurs are down to 8 men here and Bournemouth are 3 up!

Cracking stuff so far, just needs a goal

Spurs have had the better clear cut chances by far.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Genuine question, how does Pawson keep getting TV games? He’s made a lot of high profile errors this season. Refs are human, he’s proobably incredibly low on confidence or something. Surely the right thing to do would be to keep him out the limelight?

Craig Pawson has high profile errors every season. Literally never seen him have a good game. If you keep him off TV for making mistakes, he'd never be televised.

• Haha 1

Can understand Pawson getting the Dier tackle in the middle of the pitch incorrect as given the angle and speed it happens, it looks like he gets the ball. It's only in ultra slow-motion, zoomed in that you see Dier is just pipped to the ball.

Still can't believe the penalty one he's involved in though - literally kicks right through Wilson. I'd love to know what the officials think they have seen happened?

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

As funny as Son getting sent off is, the fact everyone is glossing over the embarrassingly over the top reaction from Lerma says it all about football. 

Yeah but it's Spurs.

Aké is one of the best CBs in the league. I'd have him over Maguire.

Dier one of the worst players to play for England for years. Not sure how he makes the Spurs team. Should've been off twice. Lloris also made sure he took out the attacker in his experienced keeper type of way. 

Just hope that Bournemouth win.

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Never said you hated them but it's a general feeling on this site, I'm sure you will agree. 

Levy is a very shrewd businessman and, over the last couple of windows, Spurs have spent nothing in the transfer market. 

Does this mean he won't give Poch money or does it mean certain players weren't available at the time?

To improve their starting 11, they'll have to spend big, there's no doubt about that, but with the stadium, manager and some outstanding players coming through from their academy, I can't see them kicking on and the 'they've done their nuts on that stadium and will now have a downturn' doesn't hold water. 

They've been a top side in this country for a few years now, spent very little and have brought through good young English players. 

If we could get somewhere like that, I'd be delighted. 

Have a great weekend ?

You didn’t fair enough, but you were replying to my post. 

I just think they’re losing one or two certain people away from becoming a lesser side. Whether they’ll reinvest any incoming funds remains to be seen. 

They’re a decent side, with a good selling point (London/Stadium/potential CL). It could go either way I guess.

Apologies if my post came across defensive.