Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

40 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Hes well paid by Sky to sell the dream.If it was that good we'd have more champions League winners

I think the football in our country isin transition and we will do in a few more years.

Even in our boring sideways passing matches some of the short passages of pass and move are sublime compared to the O'Neill era. And i mean compared to the whole league.

No way savage to Marshall to Elliott would compete nowadays in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Kompany gets away with a lot. He’s often beaten. Very dirty.

I remember him doing the same against us and not being sent off.

That was a bit different. He was blatantly the last man and and denied a direct goalscoring opportunity. 

This wasn't even a foul. Its not even one of those "TWENTY YEARS AGO IT'D BE A GREAT TACKLE!" things where he basically performs knee cap surgery with his studs and amateur chiropracy* with his knee all in one motion. 

Literally three or four years ago that's not even a foul. He wins the ball. 

We've become overly soft on the concept of "reckless" and I say that as someone that does actively want to look after player welfare. You can go too far. 

*probably not a word 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That was a bit different. He was blatantly the last man and and denied a direct goalscoring opportunity. 

This wasn't even a foul. Its not even one of those "TWENTY YEARS AGO IT'D BE A GREAT TACKLE!" things where he basically performs knee cap surgery with his studs and amateur chiropracy* with his knee all in one motion. 

Literally three or four years ago that's not even a foul. He wins the ball. 

We've become overly soft on the concept of "reckless" and I say that as someone that does actively want to look after player welfare. You can go too far. 

*probably not a word 

You might want to watch one of the gifs on the previous page chap. He doesnt even touch the ball. 

Granted ive only seen it in slo mo but its pretty clear to me.

2 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

You might want to watch one of the gifs on the previous page chap. He doesnt even touch the ball. 

I'm talking about this one today........ 

8 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Should Liverpool win the league, would Shaqiri be the first player to get relegated and win the Premier League in successive seasons?

Did Owen do that? Relegated with Newcastle, won the league with Utd? Or was there a year or so in-between?

Edit: No, there was a year in-between. I can't think of anyone else.

Edited by ALC Fox
Googled it

13 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Definitely gets the ball, and a hell of a lot more. By current standards that's definitely a red, but make that 15 years ago and you're just getting rounds of applause from the Man City fans

Edited by The Doctor

Just now, The Doctor said:

Definitely gets the ball, and a hell of a lot more. By current standards that's definitely a red.

A hell of a lot more? Salah leaps right over and pretends he's hurt to buy the card. 

****ing mad that people really think that's a red these days. 

We were fuming when Vardy got done. I can understand not wanting to fall foul of inconsistency but beyond that narrrh. Never a red. 

• Like 1