Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

They've got bob hope realistically. And I don't see why scraping survival should see you get any awards. Kudos yes, but not anything else. 

I mean, if a manager gets their team to overachieve more than any other manager in the premier league, then the award is theirs, in my view. So perhaps not Fulham, but Cardiff staying up trumps just about anything else I reckon, unless Spurs somehow win the league.

To be fair Silva had looked a good manager. There was rumours he turned us down in the Championship before going to the Premier League. 

He looks a bit lost now tbh. No idea how to motivate a team or organise a team defensively. So yeah probably no better than they were with Martinez. 

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Being better than 13 other teams is much harder than being better than just 3.

True, but in that case the award should go to every manager who finishes 1st every year. I know that's not exactly what you're saying, but Manager of the Year should be the one who overachieved the most, and I think Warnock keeping that Cardiff side up - one that has nowhere near the resources of pretty much every other Prem club - and realistically has no business staying up based on expenditure, squad depth and quality etc should be a real candidate for consideration, the same as Nuno should be if you lot get Europa League football. Yes your finish would be brilliant having just been promoted, but you've also had the infrastructure and money in order to facilitate it - no question you've overachieved comparative to expectations, but I don't think it's ridiculous to consider Warnock if he keeps Cardiff up. Being better than 13 teams is better than 3 - but the real question is whether Wolves getting 7th is more of an overachievement than Cardiff not being relegated - you can't decontextualise the clubs involved.

Though this is all probably meaningless as Klopp will no doubt get it if Liverpool win the title!

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 1

Bournemouth did this after tumping us 4-2 or whatever it was, they went and got beat by Burnley 4-0 when they were pits straight after.

Don't like Bournemouth at all tbh. They're incredibly inconsistent except for when they play us. They work hard but they're proper niggly and know how to waste time snidily too

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Goodison Cat has his own Twitter account already lol

To be fair he spent more time in our box than Everton did...

Good looking feline, too. Bet they will get adopted before the evening’s through if they didn’t have an owner already.