Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Langston said:

The crap patter trying to antagonise Wolves fans makes up about 80% of this thread. We look obsessed for Christ's sake.

What even started it? The fact they dare come up and have ambition?

It's sad isn't it?

Wolves have been playing nice football all season and deserve their position. If it was me continually trolling Wolves I'd have been banned for a year by now. Perhaps the mods should get a grip on it with a few friendly messages.

43 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Mahrez coming on for a whole 5 mins ...

I'd rather be battling for Leicester week in, week out than this.

Harvey Barnes FTW.

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Those in glass houses ... not sure any Leicester fan can call another club plastic. Our fans boo players, managers and performances at any opportunity. Very fickle. 

Booing the players is bad but what’s wrong with booing the decision? It was awful and wanted him to know the decision was ridiculous. Which it was. 

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is utter bs, Spuds are an established top 6 team, we were relegation favourites.  They're incomparable. 

#JimOut

I'm lost for words.

We won the title after 1 (poor) season back in the top flight.

Spurs have been a top-6 side since we were in league one. They've progressed 3 places to their current-highest finish of 3rd, we progressed 44 places across two divisions, and won the title by 10 points.

Its highly likely that no-one will ever surpass the scale of our achievement. Especially not sides like Tottenham.

24 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm lost for words.

We won the title after 1 (poor) season back in the top flight.

Spurs have been a top-6 side since we were in league one. They've progressed 3 places to their current-highest finish of 3rd, we progressed 44 places across two divisions, and won the title by 10 points.

Its highly likely that no-one will ever surpass the scale of our achievement. Especially not sides like Tottenham.

The only way for somebody else to surpass our achievement in 2015-2016 would be a newly-promoted team winning the Premier League in the first season back in the top flight, similar to what Kaiserslautern did in Germany under Rehhagel about twenty years ago.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Booing the players is bad but what’s wrong with booing the decision? It was awful and wanted him to know the decision was ridiculous. Which it was. 

Can see why most other fans think of Leicester as a ‘plastic club’. Ghezzal was boo’d when he came on. Our best players will leave and not because of the manager, the fans will drive them away. They look fed up of playing in front of our fans. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is utter bs, Spuds are an established top 6 team, we were relegation favourites.  They're incomparable. 

#JimOut

Spurs could the Champions League and Premier League and it still wouldn't be in the same realm of shock as leicester winning the league 15/16. 

So for some context Leicester were famously 5000/1 to win the league, Tottenham currently just 22/1. Arsenal who are 14 points behind the leaders are only 1000/1. So even Arsenal coming back and winning the league is not as big achievement as 15/16.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Can see why most other fans think of Leicester as a ‘plastic club’. Ghezzal was boo’d when he came on. Our best players will leave and not because of the manager, the fans will drive them away. They look fed up of playing in front of our fans. 

I’ve already said that the people who boo’d his name were wrong. However the boo’s for the decision were correct. I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt and say people were still booing the decision to make that change (I know they weren’t and were booing ghezzal) because booing your own players is disgusting. However to boo a quite frankly ridiculous managerial decision shouldn’t be scoffed at by those watching at home purely because they give the manager unwavering support for all the failures.  

I hd put he’s a poor manager, I’ll take that back. Not so much he’s a poor manager, but his ideology of football is quite frankly, awful. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

Biggest load of shite I've ever read! Obviously touched some nerves that we're doing so well. 

You can apply that nonsense logic to any player that's not at teams trying to win the Champions League. 

You are what we aren't at the moment, a mid-table team united behind a manager and squad.

On the pitch there probably isn't a lot between us (or wasn't until the past two weeks) but off it we're miles apart.

I kind of agree with him in that the top two teams are much stronger now than they were when you won the league, so it's very difficult for anyone else to win the title. 

However, I still don't think it'd be a bigger achievement than what you did. 

Edited by The Bear

On 04/02/2019 at 02:05, sm1 said:

Absolutely. If Sky are so desperate for a female to even up the numbers,  they should get in Emma Hayes. Seen her a few times on "the debate" show and she is very astute. 

Not sure why it’s necessary to even up the numbers. Do we need male commentators in netball?

22 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Supporters are entitled to an opinion, but shouldn’t be trying to micro manage every decision by the manager or action on the pitch. Just creates a shit atmosphere and will ultimately destroy any loyalty players and management may otherwise develop for the club.

16 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Supporters are entitled to an opinion, but shouldn’t be trying to micro manage every decision by the manager or action on the pitch. Just creates a shit atmosphere and will ultimately destroy any loyalty players and management may otherwise develop for the club.

Nobody boo’d every decision though? In fact probably a worse one got a positive reaction in bringing in Okazaki. Purely because he runs a lot and despite the fact he does absolutely nothing else and just is not good enough. People boo’d one decision because taking Maddison off at that moment was a bad one. 

Given 95% of pundits add absolutely nothing of any insight or interest whatsoever anyway, I see no reason why, given that she's fit, anyone wouldn't rather have Alex Scott doing the games than the vast majority of male pundits. Seems pure gammon behaviour to constantly have a pop when she's really no worse than the others. In fact if anything she's better because she's nice to look at.

Or does that make me the gammon? ?