Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

WHAT? (I so hope this is in jest) 

Yeah we had already got Europe because we finished 7th so who gives a feck about the fa cup. 

With that attitude no wonder managers treat it as a joke Ffs. 

I think you misunderstand.

All of the prem games are before the final. Put out your best team and secure 7th - which they would as they are the best of the rest at the moment. That means they have european football guaranteed. Then they can go to the FA Cup final with no pressure and enjoy the occasion against a team which may be on a triple and then possible quadruple, a team which should beat them but may not if the pressure is off.

Your inference is that they should target the FA Cup, this would mean playing weakened teams  in the league to make sure their best players are fresh, this would result in not finishing 7th and then Europe is totally dependant on beating the best team in Europe in a one off match. The pressure would be on to prevent what could be the best season in their history turning into a disaster of Spurs proportions.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Watford are a step above us though. How is that the case?

If they win the FA Cup and finish 7th should they be seen as a better success than anyone but the top two?

Our inability to beat a shitty Newcastle is frustrating because it would have applied pressure to teams like Wolves and Everton and Watford would have had to worry about winning the FA Cup. If I were Watford I'd concentrate on finishing 7th and then play the FA Cup final for fun.

The same shitty Newcastle that beat Man City that deservedly beat us with an excellent gameplan?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Didn't think he was bad when with us tbh. 

Excellent target man and a monster in the air. 

What's he worth now?.. 

£15m max. Or just about what Burnley paid for him. 

He's a decent player but he doesnt impress me much.

• Like 1

"We always think of Selhurst Park as a fortress", according to the commentator. No idea why- they've lost at least 7 games a season since 2013 and lost double figures of matches each season between 2014-2017.

Just because they've got a singing section, it doesn't mean everyone fears going there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

"We always think of Selhurst Park as a fortress", according to the commentator. No idea why- they've lost at least 7 games a season since 2013 and lost double figures of matches each season between 2014-2017.

Just because they've got a singing section, it doesn't mean everyone fears going there.

Pretty sure they have a better away record too 

Footballers are so thick. Why would you try to meg someone in that position and risk being caught on the break when there are players available the other way? Then you've got that bloke diving in instead of holding him up. So dumb.

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

Liverpool love in started.....feck off "walk alone"...nothing special.

Could have chosen to say this on any other weekend other than the 30th anniversary of Hillsborough lol 

• Like 2