Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeh it is a good idea to have those transfers, don’t want those alone though do we. Vardy wasn’t any good immediately, took time. Drinkwater has had one good season in his whole career. Maguire was never a risk and was an immediate defensive improvement. Mahrez well, that’s Mahrez isn’t it :) Championship kids/unkowns from crap leagues aren’t all you’d like us to be linked with surely? 

Sell on value I don’t worry about :) 

I think that's a bit unfair.  He was player of the season when we won the Championship.

• Like 1

He is a very talented football player who will only get better with good coaching & playing with other talented players. Having said that I believe Villa will want top dollar for him understandably.  I'm not sure he is the player LCFC need at this point in time but if he had come through our academy i would be ecstatic. 

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeh it is a good idea to have those transfers, don’t want those alone though do we. Vardy wasn’t any good immediately, took time. Drinkwater has had one good season in his whole career. Maguire was never a risk and was an immediate defensive improvement. Mahrez well, that’s Mahrez isn’t it :) Championship kids/unkowns from crap leagues aren’t all you’d like us to be linked with surely? 

Sell on value I don’t worry about :) 

I would love us to be linked with the next Dele Alli. An unknown kid from a crap league

we're the only club in for him at the moment. 

I'm not convinced by him as I don't like his dirty streak and aggressive side but perhaps this side needs someone like that? Vardy is the only I can think of who roughs teams up a little and doesn't give 2 shits what happens on the pitch. Everything is just full commitment. 

Don't know if a bid has been made but can't see Grealish staying (or wanting to stay) with Villa. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up here though by th end of this summer window. 

• Like 1

He does seem a d1ck., his hair is ridiculous and he looks like every single team other than the one he plays for will hate him.  Having said that, as much as I don't think I'd want to be his pal maybe we needs another Vardy/Savage type player.  Someone so annoying as to wind people up but also with that nasty edge that not many of our players have.  A nasty edge alone is nothing but if it comes with talent and desire there is potential.  He's a potentially very good, young English player and we are potentially starting to build a very good, young squad with potential.  Not saying I am clamouring for us to sign and if we don't I will not be too upset but if we do end up going for him then I'm sure he could actually become a bit of a fan's favourite, especially if everyone else hates him.

X

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I asked if you’d only like to see us linked with those players this window, unknowns. 

I know that .. Just being a smart arse. All I really want is for the club to sign players that represent a path forward for us. I trust the club to buy quality wherever it is available. I'm not concerned if they are not "big names". 

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Reading a villa forum, seems they will be devastated to lose him . For that reason only we should buy him ! 

Just had a look after reading your post. What I like about it is no one has a bad word to say about him or claim he's overrated, even Mahrez doesn't get 100% rating on here.

A few think he should go to a top six side or for £60m.

The general consensus is he's probably the best player in the Championship and although they're no doubt biassed you won't go far wrong by the best players in the Championship especially if they're young and English. For that reason I'm in but I'm not sure where he would play, whoscored.com says he plays more as an 8 than a 10 but could we afford to play him alongside Ndidi?

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4026-jack-grealish/?page=701

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I know that .. Just being a smart arse. All I really want is for the club to sign players that represent a path forward for us. I trust the club to buy quality wherever it is available. I'm not concerned if they are not "big names". 

We’re losing guaranteed goals and assists this window, we have all the potential we need in the youth players we have, would much rather see players come in we know have previously and consistently performed at the level we need. We don’t have next season to spend time developing players, we’ll be developing them in the championship if we don’t reshape this squad properly and get this transfer window bang on. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

we're the only club in for him at the moment. 

I'm not convinced by him as I don't like his dirty streak and aggressive side but perhaps this side needs someone like that? Vardy is the only I can think of who roughs teams up a little and doesn't give 2 shits what happens on the pitch. Everything is just full commitment. 

Don't know if a bid has been made but can't see Grealish staying (or wanting to stay) with Villa. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up here though by th end of this summer window. 

Have you heard we are in for him then Stanley? 

Edited by mod hero

33 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just had a look after reading your post. What I like about it is no one has a bad word to say about him or claim he's overrated, even Mahrez doesn't get 100% rating on here.

The general consensus is he's probably the best player in the Championship and although they're no doubt biassed you won't go far wrong by the best players in the Championship especially if they're young and English. For that reason I'm in but I'm not sure where he would play, whoscored.com says he plays more as an 8 than a 10 but could we afford to play him alongside Ndidi?

This is just then funniest funny I have ever seen in my whole life. Deluded or what? or just plain stupid.

4 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

So guys what do you think value wise for Grealish?

£15-18 Max?

For me it depends what the total budget is for this window :) if it’s £150m including the Mahrez money then I’d say you’d have it spot on, 10-15% overall budget :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Reading that really does make you think this would be a good signing.  It's hard to find one negative comment about him really.