Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

Going exactly as I had feared.

Said before the WC can we just have one tournament where we don't do something stupid....seems not.

Defence still a huge concern for us, and that's against only a decent team.

Just hope we don't rue all those chances, you really can't afford to miss so many.

C'mon ENGLAND!!!!

I'd consider dropping Walker for Cahill, shift Stones to RCB, same system. We cant afford Trippier & Walker, Walker is shouting at his own team mates in the first 15 and gave that sloppy pen away. Main problem is defence, I thought it'd be midfield

Lingard is frustrating and a complete luxury player but he might actually do something 1/5. It's all about how we react

Edited by SpazticChicken

Lingard - wasteful

Sterling - please swap him for somebody useful

Walker - plain stupid

You can‘t waste so many chances on an international level. Woeful conversion rate, apart from Kane‘s effort.

Best players so far have been Henderson and Trippier.

That was a more one-sided half than anything Russia produced against the Saudis or even Belgium v Panama.  I think you'll be fine.  But was that five, or SIX sitters fluffed?  I literally lost count.

• Like 1

Hugely disappointing first half, We've looked very good and really should be at least 2-0 up, but our composure in front of goal is rubbish, Sterling and Lingard just seem to panic in the box. We should have had a stonewall penalty and there's was simply NOT a penalty. Fvcking fuming.

Not sure what to do but I'd like to see another Striker on, not bothered who someone who can finish would be a start.

Lol it was a certain penalty. Even the massively biased BBC thought it was. Clearly VAR didn’t do its job though cos England should have had one too.

If Russia beat Saudi Arabia 5-0 then England should be beating this lot by a similar distance at least.

No excuses, if they don’t hammer these and up the goal difference because they haven’t got enough strikers who can finish on the pitch, they deserve to get the more difficult tie in the 2nd round.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Lingard - wasteful

Sterling - please swap him for somebody useful

Walker - plain stupid

You can‘t waste so many chances on an international level. Woeful conversion rate, apart from Kane‘s effort.

Best players so far have been Henderson and Trippier.

Definitely, and I've been surprised about Henderson.