Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pazzerfox

Big Club!

Doesn't matter how big your club is, there is always a bigger club willing to take your player away.

Coutinho - barce

Ronaldo - Real

Etc etc

Half of chelseas squad are being linked with moves to "bigger" clubs.

The only English team i feel can really hang on to their top players at the moment is Man City. If Barce or Real come a knocking then the other 19 prem clubs are likely to have to sell. 

Unfortunately we have to accept we will never be Liverpool or United or Man City and we are always at risk of losing our top players. In some ways its a compliment we have such talented players now, we never had this issue when we had Mark De Vries and Alan Maybury etc

17 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It will be a while before Leeds or Wednesday are looking down on us. Neither club is very well run and both have a dismal future.

Yes long may our run continue.Football tends to go in 10-15 year cycles and things happen.The likes of Leeds and Wednesday will rise again.Not Bristol City though.Never will they be a big club on my eyes.Zero history to mention.

On 13/07/2018 at 21:37, Webbo said:

I actually thought we were in the top 10. Not as big as I thought.

I think we might be in the top 10 in England (and not all of the UK, so discount Glasgow and Belfast). Weird that they grouped together Leeds and Bradford, and Southampton and Portsmouth in that list. I'm sure Leicester is bigger than either Soton or Portsmouth, so it must be in the top 10 in England.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we might be in the top 10 in England (and not all of the UK, so discount Glasgow and Belfast). Weird that they grouped together Leeds and Bradford, and Southampton and Portsmouth in that list. I'm sure Leicester is bigger than either Soton or Portsmouth, so it must be in the top 10 in England.

Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield is a group of populated areas that doesn’t really have a divide other than postcode/area code and council. West Yorkshire is very similar to Manchester but the areas are usually looked at individually rather than as a whole like Manchester is.

On 13/07/2018 at 22:18, pazzerfox said:

Man city didn't really have much history before they turned into this big club!  Whereas Forest do have history.  Are Forest classed as bigger club than Leicester?

Man.City..was always a big/top English Club.An history that stands over Forest.Despite Forests Euro

Past Achievements.

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Man.City..was always a big/top English Club.An history that stands over Forest.Despite Forests Euro

Past Achievements.

They really weren’t. 

Two league titles and a handful of fa cups? Plenty of teams in the English league have won a nominal amount of league/cup titles.

City are big because Arab money came in and paid for it, Chelsea the same with abramovic. Both have a history worth remembering but nothing that qualifies them as a major force in world football anymore than the likes of villa or west Bromwich Albion 

You want to be a big club these days you need to spend the money. The fan base will follow.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

•  Sure Leicester is the 10th biggest city in England add in Leicestershire thats probably just over a 1m population, potential there but to many pukin glory hunters in the city, most of my Asian mates are either ManUnited or Liverpool and Arsenal,add to that i know 2 who support puckin Spurs. Hopefully that title win created a new young generation of kids who support Leicester over the so called big 6,could do with a stadium expansion to get in more youth,because once you go your hooked.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

35 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:
  •  Sure Leicester is the 10th biggest city in England add in Leicestershire thats probably just over a 1m population, potential there but to many pukin glory hunters in the city, most of my Asian mates are either ManUnited or Liverpool and Arsenal,add to that i know 2 who support puckin Spurs. Hopefully that title win created a new young generation of kids who support Leicester over the so called big 6,could do with a stadium expansion to get in more youth,because once you go your hooked.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Head , nail, the, on, hit, the

Because the problem is that the parents tend to dictate the child’s preference.  No way would my three boys be city fans unless I was avid. You have to get them down to the stadium. If the kid gets hooked you may be able to drag the ‘glory hunting parent’ in aswell. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They really weren’t. 

Two league titles and a handful of fa cups? Plenty of teams in the English league have won a nominal amount of league/cup titles.

City are big because Arab money came in and paid for it, Chelsea the same with abramovic. Both have a history worth remembering but nothing that qualifies them as a major force in world football anymore than the likes of villa or west Bromwich Albion 

You want to be a big club these days you need to spend the money. The fan base will follow.

That why I said big English Club...through my fathers years,and my own,they Were always up there,

That why the megabuck investers became interested...or not??

13 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield is a group of populated areas that doesn’t really have a divide other than postcode/area code and council. West Yorkshire is very similar to Manchester but the areas are usually looked at individually rather than as a whole like Manchester is.

I guessed that would be why. Still, Soton and Portsmouth are two separate cities, and I'm sure Leicester is bigger than either. 

6 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Leicester are a big club of a new kind. I live 4000 miles away and watch every week. I played football as a kid but never watched the EPL until Leicester won the title. I learned who Man City and Liverpool are by watching them play Leicester. LCFC is a unique, global brand, viewed as symbolizing the struggle of the middle class against the elites who run the world (see the thread "message from the algerians"). It  is powerful and symbolic of the times we live in. That Leicester are based in the midlands and not a big population center is a powerful part of the story. 

What's exciting about LCFC is not that they buy superstars, but that they create them. Vardy, Mahrez, Ndidi, Kante, Schmeichel, etc., and recently Maguire, all entered the club as nobodys and became superstars. Sure, there have been some duds, but it's in the nature of giving unknowns a chance that some will succeed and others will not. Note that while some of these players have left, most have stayed. 

There's nothing inspiring about watching traditional big clubs (e.g. Man United) who live in an ocean of money, brainlessly buying superstars and dumping those who don't perform. There's no loyalty or goodwill behind anything they do. When they win it's boring and uninspiring. No thanks. 

I would love to see Leicester continue to be Leicester, but better: fight the good fight, grow new superstars by developing young and forgotten players who play as a team, and pop up and win a title once a decade just to remind us all that we don't have to bend over and let the rich run the world. This is more meaningful than becoming another "top six"-type side.

Excellent post, thank you....:thumbup:

7 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Leicester are a big club of a new kind. I live 4000 miles away and watch every week. I played football as a kid but never watched the EPL until Leicester won the title. I learned who Man City and Liverpool are by watching them play Leicester. LCFC is a unique, global brand, viewed as symbolizing the struggle of the middle class against the elites who run the world (see the thread "message from the algerians"). It  is powerful and symbolic of the times we live in. That Leicester are based in the midlands and not a big population center is a powerful part of the story. 

What's exciting about LCFC is not that they buy superstars, but that they create them. Vardy, Mahrez, Ndidi, Kante, Schmeichel, etc., and recently Maguire, all entered the club as nobodys and became superstars. Sure, there have been some duds, but it's in the nature of giving unknowns a chance that some will succeed and others will not. Note that while some of these players have left, most have stayed. 

There's nothing inspiring about watching traditional big clubs (e.g. Man United) who live in an ocean of money, brainlessly buying superstars and dumping those who don't perform. There's no loyalty or goodwill behind anything they do. When they win it's boring and uninspiring. No thanks. 

I would love to see Leicester continue to be Leicester, but better: fight the good fight, grow new superstars by developing young and forgotten players who play as a team, and pop up and win a title once a decade just to remind us all that we don't have to bend over and let the rich run the world. This is more meaningful than becoming another "top six"-type side.

Lovely sentiment but realistically in the Premier League you can only do that so long, see Southampton as an example that produced great talent and played good football and looked to break into the big time and just kept getting players picked off until they almost get relegated which a certain ex pro might blame on our current manager. I’m a little worried for us this season.

i dont want to us to big a big club, i would like to see us regularly compete for a european spot, europa league would do for me, with the occasional UCL spot. not every year, just enough so we have something to potentially look forward to each season, and new players will be attracted to. 

and the FA cup. gotta fight for that EVERY BLOODY YEAR

LCFC = Big Cub = Pie in the Sky unless they give England more Euro places. Even Spurs being in London having a big stadium, qualifying for Europe are not one of the big 5, the big six is just media hype.

With that we might just as well hope for a more balance PL where everyone has a chance of winning and being big as currently perceived will have significantly less impact on ability to win/achieve.