Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

I have a feeling he'll do very well with WBA just as he did with Barnsley.

Many immediately wrote him off during his first two matches last season. And his confidence did drop.

I reckon he'll prove his premature naysayers wrong in time for next season.

I wonder how WBA will play him? Left wing, attacking midfielder?

8’
Barnes scrambles the ball home after getting on the end of a one-two with Robson-Kanu. The on-loan wideman has two goals in two minutes on his Hawthorns debut.

8’
ALBION 2 COVENTRY 0

6’
Harvey Barnes fires home from range! Brunt plays the ball into the feet off Morrison who lays off for the young winger to drive the ball home from 20 yards.

6’
ALBION 1 COVENTRY 0

Albion took firm control of the encounter early on as they struck twice in as many minutes courtesy of new recruit Barnes.

The wide man struck home a fine opener from distance after just six minutes before following that up two minutes later with a neat finish from close range.

Played 76 mins

We need to be sending out more of our young player to gain experience.

It's win, win ethier the player does enough to show he could be an asset to the first team or they out themselves in the shop window and make the club some £££

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We need to be sending out more of our young player to gain experience.

It's win, win ethier the player does enough to show he could be an asset to the first team or they out themselves in the shop window and make the club some £££

Morgan would struggle in a fast paced team like wba

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Seruous? Diabate looks class to me 

He has shown absolutely nothing apart from the Posh game. Even in pre season so far he hasn't looked any good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I'm glad somebody has said this at last, he looks about as average as they come 

pretty sure FIF said he was better than mahrez when i said he was rubbish back in january 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

After two FA cup matches everyone decides Barnes is poo. Everyone loves Diabate. Then he has two poor pre season games and everyone wants him out. Barnes scores two again Coventry in pre season and he's suddenly better than Diabate. This forum seems to have the decision making attention span of a flea.

I've never lavished that much praise on Diabate whatsoever, in fact I've said in the transfer forum I'd be genuinely worried going into next season with him as one of our wingers - he needs a loan. Never been convinced and would much rather we'd have pushed Barnes. 

Ta for bracketing me with a tonne of others though. 

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

After two FA cup matches everyone decides Barnes is poo. Everyone loves Diabate. Then he has two poor pre season games and everyone wants him out. Barnes scores two again Coventry in pre season and he's suddenly better than Diabate. This forum seems to have the decision making attention span of a flea.

Not everyone. I never rated Diabate, there's multiple posts from me months ago. E.g:

On 15/05/2018 at 19:23, Fox92 said:

As I said in the other thread, still unsure about him. He looks okay from the bench but whenever he's started just missing something. He's young and raw so obviously I'm not writing him off but I'm obviously not as excited as other fans about him.

On 15/05/2018 at 19:40, Fox92 said:

I must be missing something then. I think his movement is decent but his end product and decision making needs working on (which should happen during the summer now). 

So don't say "everyone".

Edited by Fox92