Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

barely even gets a mention when man city score 6 these days. they’ve scored 6 goals twice in four days ffs. 

theyve scored 35 goals and conceded once in their last 11 games. 

scored 5 or more times 18 times or something since guardiola joined. 

honestly never been a team like it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

barely even gets a mention when man city score 6 these days. they’ve scored 6 goals twice in four days ffs. 

Their movement and passing accuracy phenomenal as is their desire to win the ball back when they lose it 

Nice to see Mahrez fitting in well with 2 good assists and 1goal toninght?

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Read the other day they've scored 5 or more 28 times since Man Utd last did lol 

Its a shame Man City are almost through, means if we beat Southampton in the League Cup then Man City are less likely to play a third string team against us as they can rest players in the champions league.

Would take a 6-0 hammering in the league to beat them in the cup.

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

mahrez was superb tonight and has been their best player for the last 6 weeks or so. making an absolute mockery of all the media and football fans who didn’t think he’d be good enough. and seemingly some of our fans too, which is a real shame that anyone actually doubted him. 

special player in a special team. buzzing for him. 

Me included tbf

I didn’t think he’d play a lot but now seems ever present. Fair play to him

• Like 1

Manchester City's Sterling apologizes for wrongly-awarded penalty
https://www.thescore.com/chlg/news/1647734

"We realized it was not a penalty straight away," the City boss said.

"We don't really like to score a goal in that situation because it was clear," He continued. "We know what the situation is with VAR, it really should not be hard to ask someone to look at that for four or five seconds, say it's not a penalty and move on."

If you knew it wasnt legit then why score the pk? Boot it out of play. BS

Edited by Jattdogg

16 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

"We don't really like to score a goal in that situation because it was clear," He continued. "We know what the situation is with VAR, it really should not be hard to ask someone to look at that for four or five seconds, say it's not a penalty and move on."

Did he even tell the ref what happened?  Surely if he did the penalty wouldn't have to be taken.

30 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Because you're a professional footballer. There are loads of penalties scored every week that shouldn't have been penalties.

13 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Got to admit I like the BT sports Goals Show ....Some of the pundits /commentators comments are priceless but the coverage of the games is generally good 

Don't really care about the UCL Group Stages anymore tbh, but you're bang on about the goals show. Sure I've said this before on here with others. James Richardson, one of the best football/football podcast anchors in the UK, three journalists who absolutely know their stuff. No ex-footballer cliches, all the action, the insight, detail and pace make it a golden show to watch.

40 minutes ago, bovril said:

Because you're a professional footballer. There are loads of penalties scored every week that shouldn't have been penalties.

I understand this point and agree with you to a point.  I just hate incorrect or cheat calls whether they are for or against us. I wanna save the world ok lol

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Did he even tell the ref what happened?  Surely if he did the penalty wouldn't have to be taken.

No. He pretended not to know how he ended up on the ground...why? 

Because he is too stupid to computate the sensation of stubbing his foot on the grass to that of being pushed over from  behind. Must have been the wind or divine intervention lol

Edited by Jattdogg

21 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Got to admit I like the BT sports Goals Show ....Some of the pundits /commentators comments are priceless but the coverage of the games is generally good 

By contrast, the BT version of Soccer Saturday is pure shite. Chris Sutton bickering is pure cringe, Robbie Savage seems to be completely unaware viewers cant see the games when he's describing something and both Michael Owen and Emile Heskey are boring (sorry Emile).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

mahrez was superb tonight and has been their best player for the last 6 weeks or so. making an absolute mockery of all the media and football fans who didn’t think he’d be good enough. and seemingly some of our fans too, which is a real shame that anyone actually doubted him. 

special player in a special team. buzzing for him. 

I really hope he doesn't get any stick when he returns

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I really hope he doesn't get any stick when he returns

Couldn't agree more. I also felt exactly the same about Kante.

I think people are either in one 'camp' or another on this subject though.

I wanted Mahrez to do well at Man City from the start. Sniggered a little at his penalty against Liverpool but genuinely want him to succeed.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wtf. Commentator in Liverpool game "doesn't really matter what happens in this game, it's a nice position for Liverpool, because as long as they beat Napoli by two goals they go though regardless." 

Like beating Napoli by two goals is a breeze. ?

I thought exactly the same thing. Very strange thing to say. Napoli would only need a point.

Edited by Paddy.