Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2018/19

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Well the Southampton bloke did move his head away from the ball to avoid contact so can see why an inexperienced official might think he was involved in the play .

Wasn't quite the clear cut error I was expecting which our non penalty was ..

Swings and roundabouts .......... although Austin’s goal prompted a definitive (incorrect) action from the officials to change what had happened. Not awarding the pen was wrong but that happens quite a lot in games .......  VAR will shake things up as our game is a bit more physical than other leagues that have introduced it. I wonder if the move towards zonal marking at corners has something to do with the inevitable introduction of VAR which will make the tight marking and pulling of shirts etc more dangerous .....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Match of the Day running order

1. Manchester City 2-3 Crystal Palace

2. Wolves 0-2 Liverpool

3. Cardiff City 1-5 Manchester United

4. Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City

5. Huddersfield Town 1-3 Southampton

6. Arsenal 3-1 Burnley

7. West Ham 0-2 Watford

8. Bournemouth 2-0 Brighton and Hove Albion

9. Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Match of the Day running order

1. Manchester City 2-3 Crystal Palace

2. Wolves 0-2 Liverpool

3. Cardiff City 1-5 Manchester United

4. Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City

5. Huddersfield Town 1-3 Southampton

6. Arsenal 3-1 Burnley

7. West Ham 0-2 Watford

8. Bournemouth 2-0 Brighton and Hove Albion

9. Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham

This is a strange gameweek whereby any one of the first four on that list would probably be top billing in most other weeks.

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This is a strange gameweek whereby any one of the first four on that list would probably be top billing in most other weeks.

We should be ahead of Man United. Our result was totally unexpected, they've just beaten a struggler with the expected new manager improvement and they put 4 past another bottom team two weeks ago.

Pleased for Jeff getting a goal today. It was completely overshadowed by Townsend's but it was a lovely finish from a tricky angle. Very similar but not quite as good as Sancho's against Gladbach on Friday night.

Schlupp went mad when it went in as well. What a guy.

• Like 2

Can someone help me as it’s really annoying me…

i am watching last weekend MOTD 2 on catch up and Jonathan Peirce states that BHA have only beaten Chelsea once and it was 85 years ago…

as a very small boy (late 70’s / early 80’s) we were staying with friends of the family in Eastbourne and my dad and Uncle Terry took me the Goldstone where I swear BHA best Chelsea…. I’ve tried googling and found nothing…. 

Its really bugging me…!  Where should I look?

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

i am watching last weekend MOTD 2 on catch up and Jonathan Peirce states that BHA have only beaten Chelsea once and it was 85 years ago…

as a very small boy (late 70’s / early 80’s) we were staying with friends of the family in Eastbourne and my dad and Uncle Terry took me the Goldstone where I swear BHA best Chelsea…. I’ve tried googling and found nothing…. 

Try the 11vs11 website. They have complete football records.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/chelsea/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Brighton and Hove Albion/

Looks like Pearce is right, for once.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Pleased for Jeff getting a goal today. It was completely overshadowed by Townsend's but it was a lovely finish from a tricky angle. Very similar but not quite as good as Sancho's against Gladbach on Friday night.

Schlupp went mad when it went in as well. What a guy.

Yer, you can tell that Sancho knows what he wants to do though and Jeff just runs and hopes

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Try the 11vs11 website. They have complete football records.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/chelsea/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Brighton and Hove Albion/

Looks like Pearce is right, for once.

That’s a great resource …. Thanks 

Yep…. I was 10 in the 1983 match at the Goldstone…. So, it makes sense and I’m certain that must’ve been at that match

I’ve also remembered that Uncle Terry was a Chelsea fan, so, I may have well been in the away end!

my memory was playing tricks on me…. 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Maybe it wasn't a prem game?