Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2018/19

Just now, davieG said:

It's not about who was the better team it's about showing a true reflective review of the game that wasn't in any definition I've ever seen of those words.

Basically this.  We were given zero respect for our display against probably the most potent attacking team in the world. 

....and the point is that many fans rely on MOTD for their insight into the games and how teams have performed how can we take the programme seriously if that is a sample of their work. It's all lowest common denominator stuff what you might expect from the red tops or talk sport. 

I'm not so much bothered personally because I went to the game and saw with my own eyes what really went on.

• Like 4

I have to say having watched the game today on sky, I couldn’t believe the difference in analysis between sky and MOTD. Sky were very complimentary of Leicester, and acknowledged Liverpool were quite lucky to escape with all 3 points. 

Having just watched MOTD, if I was a neutral that hadn’t watched the game I’d have assumed Leicester had been quite poor.

Shocking and lazy analysis from MOTD tonight. I think a point each would have been a more reflective result of the game today. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I have to say having watched the game today on sky, I couldn’t believe the difference in analysis between sky and MOTD. Sky were very complimentary of Leicester, and acknowledged Liverpool were quite lucky to escape with all 3 points. 

Having just watched MOTD, if I was a neutral that hadn’t watched the game I’d have assumed Leicester had been quite poor.

Shocking and lazy analysis from MOTD tonight. I think a point each would have been a more reflective result of the game today. 

Listened to the game on 5 Live and they were also very complementary of our performance.The media need to big up Liverpool to try and stop another Man City walk over,which wouldn’t be good for their precious Premier League.

1 hour ago, tsintskaro said:

So,team is leading 0:2,they give you  ball and let you play football,you are trying and actually doing fine,but not that much chances to score

they make error,you score and after that you have momentum for few minutes.Then Keita comes in and everything goes back to normal,no more ball for you

Yes,we did okay in second half,we were playing football but thats all because they let us do that

Klopp is playing more pragmatic football and thats how it works - they score and then they chill

its funny people saying we were dominant.no,we were not,sadly.

You should have watched the game from 20 minutes onwards then. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 1

MOTD analysis definitely should be better and generally I think we're let down by pundits in English football (probably just as bad elsewhere). However two pundits watch about 6 matches and have a few hours with the behind the scenes staff to come up with video footage and analysis. Usually they're complementary about us and today was an exception to that but it's not as if we're slated on there every week. We'd all like to see more incisive punditry and balance especially when the top 6 are involved but Match of the Day is about highlights and some analysis rather than the detailed ins and outs of a game.

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

....and the point is that many fans rely on MOTD for their insight into the games and how teams have performed how can we take the programme seriously if that is a sample of their work. It's all lowest common denominator stuff what you might expect from the red tops or talk sport. 

I'm not so much bothered personally because I went to the game and saw with my own eyes what really went on.

Strangely enough...I thought on sky jami e Carragher had a decent 2nd commentary spot of the match.

No real bias,not all L'pool and IMO h

gave City a fair shake.Not because it was just my side....but I reckon that was one of his best

Commentating and post reporting,I have heard from him..He has upped his presentation..mind you he still grinds on Monday night football.

We get 1st spot on MOTD,but apparently only L'pool turned up,there was nobody else on the pitch...

BBC miss out again,because today kicked off Leicesters season,forget a moment Maddison,but all our youngsters,and the newbuys,

Clicked into place as PL players.There movement shown intent,and their play shown forethought and foresight,and not just stumbling

Forward with no idea.....Obviously we still need to be even more clinical and be sharper in that decisive last thrust into the areas where it

hurts the oppo. This is all I wanted to see over the 1st 6 games ( only 4 gone). Slow but definite progress.

Real supportive fans have seen Full well start to show he has a future in the PL,and looks good in a blue shirt.

A new Algerian has made his first mark in the PL,and like his predecessor looks like he will slowly but then emphatically prove his worth

in a more reserved approach...

Mendy,could be turn out to be our biggest winner,and become a terrace idol.

Gray Nacho, work in progress,heading in the right direction..

"Peggy "Pereira another destined to lift city's style of play albeit being bulldozed will improve his positioning sense when going into tackle:giggle:

Now Maddison what a talent,still with many rough edges,but he's solved a major position issue for Leicester,he's also given us and himself

a future,and the potential for us to play a more expensive game....

last 2 seasons we were crying out for more impetus from the central area and finding that  Missing link to feed the strikers....,that can slowly qualify

as our solid playmaker....Lads n lasses I give you our very own  M & Ms,   

Mssrs  Mendy  and Maddison,the potential is massive,if we can get them to pull it off,we will have 3 lines of Ms being the backbone of a new  Leicester

ethos and era. Then none of them will get itchy feet too early.....

Maguire

Mendy

Maddison.

a new packet of ..M & M & Ms

This squad has given us something to look forward to..We are far from the finished product,but the first important base has been built,and

it seems we have decent fall-back contingencies...We have though funnily enough a weaker striking unit,even if Nacho develops further.

Okazaki ,unfortunately isn't going to cover the next 3-4 seasons progress,where Vardy can still play the major role.

We need in my mind,desperately a young player striker to come through....

For some OT T expectations posters,it might not be enough,but for me it seems we can secure top 10,with an entertaining style.

That in itself could give us a solid platform,to chase into those higher covetted places then that special best of the rest!!!

opening a potential challenge for those dream placings,  imitating a Spurs type method allowing them to mix it with the big boys.

It's a beginning,this time last season I saw nothing that encouraged me to even Believe except blind faith....

Though unsure,I supported Puel fully. The revolution is still in its murmering phase,but the splinterings are showing their togetherness,

Les Miserables,are slowly on the rise again. Obviously there will be twists and turns...but as long the terraces see committed

Performances,and continuity in the developing of the squads intentions,then the season will be enjoyable....

Ps avoid and ignore  the banner carriers,who always want to get on their negative soap boxes.

If we do Implode I will supply the wood and nails,or even go out and nick a few empty crates myself.

But this just ain't get the time to get in the moaning mode....The sun is shining,no long shadows are even collecting from over the backwoods.

Use these 1st 10-15 games to enjoy the attempt to succeed..

Only then as it any sense to get those screeching negative nails ready to draw down on the Puel- blackboard.

• Like 2

It's very hard not to become irked when following the Man City vs Newcastle match, the winner and loser were talked about equally, with both Lineker and Shearer spending a fair amount of time talking about how Newcastle - a once huge club - have fallen so far...

But no mention of us whatsoever??!!! I'm sorry but us Leicester fans can be forgiven (and then some) for being paranoid.

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Was there a sense from yourself and others that despite the disappointment of losing, we look like we'll come good this season?

Definitely. We controlled a large part of the game with some slick fast forward interpassing as well as dominating the midfield what we lack is a cutting edge. We need to find a way to get Vardy or whoever is playing up front on the ball to finish off the good play. Obviously a need to improve the defending especially at the start of games and that includes Maguire who was a bag of nerves as was Kasper.

• Like 1

Unfortunately that's the way it is. If you listen to Sunday Supplemented today they will also have a 1 sided coverage. 

As a side note, Liverpool do get a disproportionate amount of coverage. Chelsea also won 4 out of 4 but they don't get half the hype Liverpool do  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately that's the way it is. If you listen to Sunday Supplemented today they will also have a 1 sided coverage. 

As a side note, Liverpool do get a disproportionate amount of coverage. Chelsea also won 4 out of 4 but they don't get half the hype Liverpool do  

I know, watched the start this morning and apparently it's between Liverpool and Man City for the title with possibly Tottenham involved too. 

Despiter Chelsea having a 100% record so far.

11 hours ago, davieG said:

What a one side review of the game that was all Liverpool their pluses and mistakes it's like they were playing a ghost team.

Exactly why I don't watch it anymore. 

It's not just us, like, it's every team outside the top six. You have to do something really special to get more than a couple seconds coverage as a mid table or bottom half team on motd these days. 

Coverage is just dreadful. 

• Like 1