Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2018/19

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

As everyone will be keen to watch the highlights

1) Brighton 0-1 Liverpool
2) West Ham 1-0 Arsenal
3) Chelsea 2-1 Newcastle
4) Burnley 2-1 Fulham
5) Leicester 1-2 Southampton
6) Crystal Palace 1-2 Watford
7) Cardiff 0-0 Huddersfield

What a collection of awful games today....

• Like 2

1) Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace

2) Wolves 4-3 Leicester

3) Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

4) Man Utd 2-1 Brighton

5) Newcastle 3-0 Cardiff

6) Southampton 2-1 Everton

7) Bournemouth 2-0 West Ham

8) Watford 0-0 Burnley

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

1) Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace

2) Wolves 4-3 Leicester

3) Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

4) Man Utd 2-1 Brighton

5) Newcastle 3-0 Cardiff

6) Southampton 2-1 Everton

7) Bournemouth 2-0 West Ham

8) Watford 0-0 Burnley

we could win 7-0 and still be second to liverpool

Sorry if this seems a daft question, is this programme actually broadcasted live at the same time?

The MOTD will have plenty of time to set up all the day's game replays, interviews, pundit opinions on each game key talking points and other IT aspects of it beforehand, but have wondered if it's a live show.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry if this seems a daft question, is this programme is actually broadcasted live at the same time?

The MOTD will have plenty of time to set up all the day's game replays, interviews, pundit opinions on each game key talking points and other IT aspects of it beforehand, but have wondered if it's a live show.

I’ve always thought it was live. Think a good example of that is Gary after the helicopter crash, he had the most up to date info 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry if this seems a daft question, is this programme actually broadcasted live at the same time?

It is live, but they all sit there in the day watching all the games and getting there talking points set, they also rehearse the entire show prior so it’s not off the cuff

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

we could win 7-0 and still be second to liverpool

We would’ve been first had Liverpool not been the same scoreline. They’re title chasing. Us v Wolves has no meaning to the league. 

• Thanks 1

The commentary is done after. That's why the commentator always has an uncanny knack of seeming to know everything thing in foresight. I've not watched it tonight but can imagine something along the lines of "...and Demari Gray is preferred to Marc Albrighton with Gray not scoring in his last x games for Leicester... " 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Yet another MOTD that i can’t watch live cos Leicester lost. I’ll have to fast forward watch it tomoz knowing full well it’ll be a Wolves wank fest despite them being almost as shit as us. 

I don't think either the game or either teams were 'shit". Mistakes made by both sides. Some good positive play by both sides. Hardly shit though, perhaps you should watch Barcelona v Real Madrid every week, what are you expecting?  For the neutral that would have been a cracking match as Sky commented. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

The commentary is done after. That's why the commentator always has an uncanny knack of seeming to know everything thing in foresight. I've not watched it tonight but can imagine something along the lines of "...and Demari Gray is preferred to Marc Albrighton with Gray not scoring in his last x games for Leicester... " 

No, it's live. Here's John Roder to disprove your assertion...

http://johnroder.com/blog/are-the-match-of-the-day-commentators-at-the-stadiums

The redubbing is rare and you can tell how obvious it is from the sound mix difference. They do a full match commentary, so it's likely all the pre-kickoff stuff if where they can pitch up the foreshadowing, with editors nicking anything useful like he mentions.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think either the game or either teams were 'shit". Mistakes made by both sides. Some good positive play by both sides. Hardly shit though, perhaps you should watch Barcelona v Real Madrid every week, what are you expecting?  For the neutral that would have been a cracking match as Sky commented. 

Totally agree..

I had Irish Liverpool fans messaging me all night.. Morgan's too slow, Gray's/chillwells a cracking player, Harvey Barnes looks alright, why's Maddison on the bench.... Last one said"unlucky mate, savage game for the neutral, you deserved a point" , so I concur.

• Like 3

MOTD really don’t even bother trying to provide a fair reflection of the game do they? 

Yes we were sloppy in the first 15 mins. And yes Wolves generally showed a bit more desire over the 90. 

But we attacked well, get really well to get back into the match twice. Morgan’s goal doesn’t get a mention. The fight back barely noticed. 

“A great game that neither team deserved to lose” would have been fair, but instead it’s all “Wolves, Wolves, Wolves...oh and Leicester were a bit shite” 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

• 2 weeks later...

The running order is as follows: 1. Liverpool v Leicester City; 2. Newcastle United v Manchester City; 3. Bournemouth v Chelsea; 4. Tottenham Hotspur v Watford; 5. Southampton v Crystal Palace.