Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2018/19

1 hour ago, Biggus said:

Like others I am fed up of coverage of the 'big' six - relentless and boring.

I think there is a market for a TV+Radio programme called "The Other Fourteen" in which the 'big' six are not discussed. Should get a few viewers. Even so a 60 minute programme would only give about 4 minutes per team.

And you can guarantee that in a 60 minute show the first 20 would be about the strife at Newcastle. 10 mins on the next team in crisis, 10 minutes on why Eddie Howe is a genius, and the last 20 to discuss the other 11 teams.

On 02/09/2018 at 10:10, Livid said:

I’ve totally given up on the Sunday Supplement. 

Every week pre broadcast they post the topics of discussion on Twitter. 1 to 4 are always the top 6. Five will be the current club in crisis West Ham etc. 

Yep, utterly tedious programme. Usually egotistical & self-important bores sitting around a table, regurgitating the same old crap about the same old clubs every week. No thanks.

• Like 2

Sunday Supplement should be a fantastic programme but it's the complete opposite as it's toss. Admittedly, I've not watched it in years but if you had decent journalists on it that actually concern themselves with non top six matters and get to the crux of issues rather than pandering to Sky and getting bites from reactionary plastics it could be so much better. 

The Totally Football Show podcast would make a great TV, the closest we got was the European Football Show on BT that was excellent but was canned because any sort of insight seems to be shunned by British Football Media.

6 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Yep, utterly tedious programme. Usually egotistical & self-important bores sitting around a table, regurgitating the same old crap about the same old clubs every week. No thanks.

I think it depends on the journalists. I'd listen to Henry Winter, Sam Wallace, Jonathan Northcroft who do take an interest in football outside the top six but invariably I'll switch on and one of the Custis brothers is arguing about Jose Mourinho or Klopp and turn off again.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think it depends on the journalists. I'd listen to Henry Winter, Sam Wallace, Jonathan Northcroft who do take an interest in football outside the top six but invariably I'll switch on and one of the Custis brothers is arguing about Jose Mourinho or Klopp and turn off again.

Sums it up perfectly...in fact it becomes so boring tedious,because of them concentrating on the big boys...If Watford keep up their great start,

I wonder if they get a decent covering weekend...mind you with Elton,I suppose

They go down has "the greatest discovery"...With pundits insisting it won't last long, just a "candle in the wind"

On 01/09/2018 at 22:39, davieG said:

What a one side review of the game that was all Liverpool their pluses and mistakes it's like they were playing a ghost team.

Couldn't believe how biased it was. Utterly cringeworthy to watch. You can just tell they've been told to be biased towards Liverpool to pander to their fans.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Sunday Supplement should be a fantastic programme but it's the complete opposite as it's toss. Admittedly, I've not watched it in years but if you had decent journalists on it that actually concern themselves with non top six matters and get to the crux of issues rather than pandering to Sky and getting bites from reactionary plastics it could be so much better. 

The Totally Football Show podcast would make a great TV, the closest we got was the European Football Show on BT that was excellent but was canned because any sort of insight seems to be shunned by British Football Media.

TFS today wasn’t much better. No more than 10 seconds on the game and then at least 10 minutes talking about Alisson. 

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

TFS today wasn’t much better. No more than 10 seconds on the game and then at least 10 minutes talking about Alisson. 

I haven't listened in a while tbh, even so I'd much rather them talk about the bigger clubs than Neil ****ing Custis 

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

English football media actively panders to the idiots and neglects intelligent football debate. It's a problem.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

English football media actively panders to the idiots and neglects intelligent football debate. It's a problem.

It makes business sense for Sky though, plastics can relate to an everyman like Paul Merson or agrees with Souness when he rants about Pogba's hair. Thorough analysis turns people off, Monday night football is fantastic but it's still not Sky's default programming.

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

It’s been pretty pants in my opinion this season. It’s so dependent on having guests who think a bit further. In a bid to be more commercial, its focused d on the top clubs.

I’m very meh on Guardian Weekly but they do  better coverage of football across the board.  They will conceded as well where they know they are rambling on about the same old. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Hodgson blaming the controversy during the week about lack of protection protection from referees for Wilf being off his game . Would that be the same controversy you started Woy? 

Fair point, but why bring his speech impediment into it ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

Mahrez off the bench to score 2 when his team is safe at 3-0 up. Hardly 15/16 is it? (I'm on a delay)

Took them both well..

I watched him when he came on in the CL game in the week, it was like he had been told to stay on the right wing and not move from his position. He always seemed to enjoy the freedom he had to roam wherever down here. No doubt he'll win stuff up there and pick up a massive salary but it's like they're sucking the life out of him and his game.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Took them both well..

I watched him when he came on in the CL game in the week, it was like he had been told to stay on the right wing and not move from his position. He always seemed to enjoy the freedom he had to roam wherever down here. No doubt he'll win stuff up there and pick up a massive salary but it's like they're sucking the life out of him and his game.

For 200k a week I'd let anyone suck anything out of me 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Took them both well..

That is how Pep plays though. Henry did a great piece on MNF a few months ago where he gave an insight into what he was told to do at Barca and backed it up with clips from Pep’s previous teams. 

The wingers hug the touchline until the last minute and then tuck in when the ball is played into the box - it’s why the likes of Sterling get so many tap ins.