Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Barcelona and Man City have gone to Celtic park have both failed to win relatively recently. With how fired up they'd be I'd rather we avoided it. Plus, I want to go somewhere like Gdansk, not Glasgow.

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Barcelona and Man City have gone to Celtic park have both failed to win relatively recently. With how fired up they'd be I'd rather we avoided it. Plus, I want to go somewhere like Gdansk, not Glasgow.

Madrid would be nice. And we owe them still

24 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I don't like being favourites for a game vs arsenal. It seems all wrong. Coupled with odd kickoff time that always seems to throw us and I just have a bad feeling about this. Mind you, I said the same thing before Southampton away... 

draw written all over it

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, Stadt said:

We’ve played Atletico 6 times in European competition, well boring if we got them AGAIN 

Couldn't agree more,  seen us play abroad 5 times 2 of them against atletico never again please.

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Top in the Uncle Jeff Coefficient League (compares results with the equivalent fixtures of last season)

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/feature/the-uncle-jeff-coefficient-full-premier-league-edition-november-2019/

Spurs, Wolves and City trailing at the bottom. 

Not sure I agree with replacing 3 promoted with 3 relegated. They're totally different sides and play totally different football. At least with equivalent sides in the current division they'll play similar football. 

This is run on another site but take out the 3 promoted sides and Newcastle are top with Leicester second. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davieG said:

...and still one of my all time favourite goals.

Incredible stuff. 

I'm going to go against the majority, who said this was one on Filbert Streets greatest games. 

For the most part, Arsenal were the better side and it was a privilege to witness probably the greatest Hatrick in Premier history. 

It was just a breathtaking last 10 minutes. 

I could well be shouted down for this though 😄😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hollyfox said:

Incredible stuff. 

I'm going to go against the majority, who said this was one on Filbert Streets greatest games. 

For the most part, Arsenal were the better side and it was a privilege to witness probably the greatest Hatrick in Premier history. 

It was one of the greatest games at Filbert Street, for all the reasons you gave. A great Arsenal side, Bergkamp's hat trick, and a comeback and finale that epitomised the O'Neill era.

I remember Bergkamp's 2nd goal from my vantage point in the kop, seeing him free at the corner of our penalty area and shouting out he needed marking. Oh well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Incredible stuff. 

100% correct but its the last, highly unexpected, 10 minutes after that makes it such an iconic game. 

• Like 1

Incredible stuff. 

Shout..shout...SSSHHHOUUUT..!!!lol

Incredible stuff. 

You've sort of answered your own question. Not all great games have to be back and forth 50/50 type games this game typified the best of Arsenal in the mid to late 90s skillful, incredible to watch and individually brilliant and the best of Leicester in the same period, gritty never say die, aggressive etc. We were second best admittedly but like we did so often in that era we found a way to get a result. What a game, what a atmosphere.