Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Can you guess which set of fans said this?

"I still fancy us to do em if we played them now. I also think we will be very close or above them end of the season. We are now showing signs of clicking as a team and feel we will close that gap. Tbf I hate Leicester["

Somebody on foxes talk pre match thread

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

By October 2018, it was evident that Claude Puel and Leicester were approaching the end of their time together. The former Monaco, Southampton and Lille manager had lost the dressing room, frozen out director of football Jon Rudkin and failed to communicate properly with staff or players.

THIS IS FAKE NEWS.
JUST MUCK RAKING JOURNALISTS WITH AGENDAS.

BIG, FAT AGENDAS.

THAT PETERS FOOL WAS THE WORST.
TELLING US CONSTANTLY LOADS WAS WRONG.

FAKE NEWS.

AGENDAS.

(PS I'm only messing about.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's fine when we're not playing Arsenal so I don't think he necessarily has beef with us. I just think he really, really, really loves Arsenal - and that came across as obvious in his commentary.

not true. he's always been weird about us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Just having a gander on the Arsenal forum. 

Quite a bitter bunch which I didn’t have them down as, I’m surprised.

A lot of Palace remarks about us seemed balanced despite us winning last week. Arsenal though, come on lads...some of you are appearing deluded. Seriously. I know it’s very hard to admit defeat but slagging us off simply because you lost? Really? 

Are you kidding? 

They are some of the worst "fans" in football. 

10 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Just having a gander on the Arsenal forum. 

Quite a bitter bunch which I didn’t have them down as, I’m surprised.

A lot of Palace remarks about us seemed balanced despite us winning last week. Arsenal though, come on lads...some of you are appearing deluded. Seriously. I know it’s very hard to admit defeat but slagging us off simply because you lost? Really? 

What stunned me the most (and probably shouldn't have on reflection) was how many comments I read after the game defending their squad and attributing blame entirely to Emery. 

Don't get me wrong, Emery is a poor manager and was always a bad fit at Arsenal. He's always played kinda ugly football, he was never going to have then playing the Wenger way, it was always going to be the REAL Arsenal way (structured, organised, shitty 1-0 merchants.)

But the squad aren't talented, they're awful. Man for man, only two members of their club, anywhere on their books, get in to our 11 and that's the strikers and even they'd have to play at LF and RF and make sure to put a shift in defensively to not get dropped. 

Our midfield and defence aren't just on better form, man for man they're better players. Objectively. One of the biggest clubs in Europe started last night with David Luiz, Callum Chambers and Rob Holding at the back for christ sakes, that's literally worse than Burnley.

Guemdouzi and Torreira in the middle screams mid table and adding Ceballos (who is to Real what Drinkwater is to Chelsea) or Xhaka doesn't change that. 

They have a poor squad full of weak, limp players and no real quality. 

And half of them are hash tagging to get Wenger back. **** that noise, how can you be that thick? Wenger got you in this situation, you've not won anything in forever, mostly because of his obsession with signing show ponies with no personality, bottle or fight. 

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be furious about the state of the squad and desperate for a new, modern, capable manager to come and put a rocket up them. Someone to be given time to recognise that the whole thing is a mess and rebuild it properly. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

First 9 minutes Sherwood and Shearer paying homage to our brilliance. They can't speak highly enough of us. Nuff respect 

Only downside is Sherwood having troubles with Caglar Sunn-Yunn-Chooo. lol

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Guemdouzi and Torreira in the middle screams mid table and adding Ceballos (who is to Real what Drinkwater is to Chelsea) or Xhaka doesn't change that

Arsenal fans rate those 2 but reality is they will not achieve anything meaningful with them as starters. Torreira is decent but nothing compared to Ndidi, Fabinho, Kante and Fernandinho. He's miles away. He looks like another Coquelin. Guendouzi also look decent but should be a squad player.

Their defence is a ****ing circus. 

Madness to think Arsenal would get anywhere with Chambers and Holding in the starting line-up. lol

Why wasn't Sokratis playing instead?

Emery opting for a back three was also part of the downfall of that Arsenal side yesterday. You need full-backs to sort of neutralize the threat that is Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira.

Their bench was also underwhelming - Willock, Saka, Martinelli? Gone are the days of depth in squad at the Arsenal.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Arsenal fans rate those 2

They're the ultimate in not actually watching football armchair fans, I'm pretty sure most of their more vocal social media fans are your generic, thinks FIFA is real life kids. 

Torreira has done nothing but dive at the slightest touch since he arrived in the Prem and I'm still completely mystified by what Guenzdouzi offers. 

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

When they've already paid £90m for our 3rd best CB? Man's not got a great grasp of economics has he?

Not only that but why would they leave a team that looks likely to be playing Champions league next season, at a friendly club that is going places  for a club that looks like it may not qualify for any sort of European football and with massive pressure to produce every game.:dunno:

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Arsenal fans rate those 2 but reality is they will not achieve anything meaningful with them as starters. Torreira is decent but nothing compared to Ndidi, Fabinho, Kante and Fernandinho. He's miles away. He looks like another Coquelin. Guendouzi also look decent but should be a squad player.

Their defence is a ****ing circus. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

They're the ultimate in not actually watching football armchair fans, I'm pretty sure most of their more vocal social media fans are your generic, thinks FIFA is real life kids. 

Torreira has done nothing but dive at the slightest touch since he arrived in the Prem and I'm still completely mystified by what Guenzdouzi offers. 

Torreira was very good at Sampdoria and I can see why Arsenal went for him. Playing with Guendouzi though makes his game redundant. They're too similar. Effective at their own job but put them together and it's a waste of a player almost. They're better off playing one of them and having one more attacker. 

It's like us playing at home with Puel when he had 2 DMs sometimes when it was clear to see it was largely ineffective when actually trying to win a game. 

• Like 1