Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On 25/02/2020 at 23:24, Foxy_Bear said:

There should be 3 main European competitions....

Champions cup. 

Old school format, all the winners of the European leagues are drew out a not (no seeding) in a two legged knock out. 

Cup winners cup. 

Same lay out to the champions cup with all the FA cup winners from each league. 

Euro league. 

Basically your standard champions league format with the league cup winners and your 2nd, 3rd placed teams. Essentially your money making completion that's going to have the greater amount of "big teams" in it. 

Problem there is that puts Manchester City into all three competitions lol 

On 26/02/2020 at 13:57, Gerard said:

I could see the "big six" in England supporting this as they would never be affected by it but it hinders clubs like ours because our season starts early and gives us a disadvantage of getting a foothold in the CL places mid term. 

As @Hammo say in his post above the CL should be a meritocracy I've only just noticed that the last 16 all come from Europe's big five leagues which isn't good for the diversity of the competition. This is just big dominant clubs in the smaller leagues trying to protect their interests as they get leapfrogged by traditionally smaller clubs in big leagues. I can see their point but don't believe it's fair we could finish second this season and still have to qualify whilst a more prestigious club could finish 20pts behind us and get straight into the second seeds in the group draw.

It's another form of keeping clubs like ours in our place by not keeping the sport a meritocracy. 

Yep. It's a V's to clubs like us, Atalanta, Lille, RB Leipzig* etc.... it's just another way to protect the elite. That's why Copenhagen and Ajax are behind it though as it benefits both the elite, and clubs like those, but not clubs like us. Copenhagen have done this as they know it'll have the elite backing.

Not good for us if it goes through.

* I've got to admit, much as I dislike them, there are bigger evils in this sport than them to me.

On 08/03/2020 at 07:54, browniefox said:

Most likely due to the fact it's an 8pm kick off on a Monday. 

Also, in the current situation with Coronavirus, should it be any surprise that away fans may be reticent to purchase tickets so far ahead for a game that may get called off/played behind closed doors and then have to go to all the hassle of getting a refund. Not to mention the associated travel/hotel cost, which would not be recoverable unlike the ticket price, should this happen. I think we will see this happening more and more over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-season-review-leicester-jamie-vardy-brendan-rodgers

F365’s Premier League club-by-club season review: Leicester

Date published: Thursday 26th March 2020 8:18

Nodded my way through that.

Sometimes the national media "wing it" with their analysis of us but that was pretty bang on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-season-review-leicester-jamie-vardy-brendan-rodgers

Maybe I'm just salty but I love this line: "no one has really stank out the joint. Except maybe Demari Gray."

Ouch. True. But ouch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

"Indeed, it was the biggest ever victory by an away side in the top flight in the 131-year history of the Football League."

Still can't my head around that. What a time to be alive where THAT record belongs to US.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Indeed, it was the biggest ever victory by an away side in the top flight in the 131-year history of the Football League."

Still can't my head around that. What a time to be alive where THAT record belongs to US.

As long as the season doesn't get wiped off...

• Like 3

Funny this gets brought up because my Villa supporting mates are obviously hoping this season gets wiped and we start again in August but apart from the obvious CL place, I said ‘well what about our 9-0 away record win??

Itd be one thing to rob Liverpool of their title with only 6 points needed but we’d literally be taken out of the record books!

Edited by Staffs Fox

2 hours ago, Tanya said:

Maybe I'm just salty but I love this line: "no one has really stank out the joint. Except maybe Demari Gray."

Ouch. True. But ouch.

It's weird how fans of other clubs still see him as this amazing young player who's the future of Leicester. 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah everything would I would d have thought. Goals as well so in theory Vardy would go back to 80 :( hopefully it doesn't happen 

Surely in terms of records and stats, everything will still stand as they were competitive matches that happened under normal circumstances. The only thing is there will be a gap in the history in terms of season results and there will be no golden boots. 

50 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Surely in terms of records and stats, everything will still stand as they were competitive matches that happened under normal circumstances. The only thing is there will be a gap in the history in terms of season results and there will be no golden boots. 

Who knows and hope you're right. 

I personally think they will finish the season anyway at some point 

• Like 1