Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

30 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We’re all picking Gallagher, aren’t we?

Or Ulloa.

Dickov would be up for discussion too (though he did miss that crucial one which was probably the only one he missed for us!).

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Or Ulloa.

Dickov would be up for discussion too (though he did miss that crucial one which was probably the only one he missed for us!).

Man City. Seemed like about half an hour went by before the ball was on the spot. 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

We’re all picking Gallagher, aren’t we?

Steve Thompson and Garry Parker are decent options too. Both were very consistent and each scored in a play off final (if I remember rightly). Balls of steals.

Parker one of my favourite ever players. I would still have him in todays midfield - his passing range was outstanding.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Manini said:

Man City. Seemed like about half an hour went by before the ball was on the spot. 

I remember it well ...... unfortunately.

The size of Ulloas ********* though, when he stepped up against West Ham.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Or Ulloa.

Great shout. Ulloa. Never mind being made of steel his must be pure titanium. Given the circumstances, the atmosphere and expectation of probably the most important last minute peno in our history he struck an almost perfect one. Hard, and right in the corner, unstoppable. Everyone in the ground and watching on tv knew that this was a truly pivotal point in our title challenge yet he didn’t flinch. He knew and at the same time knew that he was going score. He actually seemed to grow taller as he squared up to the ball and that was when we knew too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Great shout. Ulloa. Never mind being made of steel his must be pure titanium. Given the circumstances, the atmosphere and expectation of probably the most important last minute peno in our history he struck an almost perfect one. Hard, and right in the corner, unstoppable. Everyone in the ground and watching on tv knew that this was a truly pivotal point in our title challenge yet he didn’t flinch. He knew and at the same time knew that he was going score. He actually seemed to grow taller as he squared up to the ball and that was when we knew too.

The kick that pushed oxygen back into a million lungs ...

A sequel to the post last week of Football Focus as we enter another FF from 13 September 1997, interviewing MON before Spurs at home (3-0 win) and just days before the first leg against Atletico Madrid!

Fair to say MON hadn't quite (did he ever forget?) you lot hounding him against Sheff Utd ;) 

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Casumo have analysed each Premier League clubs followers on Twitter showing how many followers each club has in different countries and cities in the UK. https://www.casumo.com/en-gb/blog/top-flight-followers/#uk-most-followed-teams

Obviously not all of a clubs followers mean that they are a fan of the club but it still gives a good indication, thought I'd share some of the more interesting numbers.

They have us at 10th for UK followers making us the highest followed Midlands side as well. Probably the most positive thing was our numbers locally, we have

by far the most in Leicester, from what I can see outside of the obvious "big 6" and London clubs only Newcastle have more in their home city. Which means we have more than the likes of Villa, Wolves, Sheffield United, Everton and so on in their home cities.

Here's the followers in Leicester.

4D7D740E-BB57-4062-A489-6A64107AA9D3.thumb.jpeg.2974ae72ba53bd6a3f8a70efd5c32114.jpeg

When compared to other clubs our numbers aren't bad at all. In fact Villa aren't even the most followed in Birmingham, a decent amount behind Manchester United. Wolves are only just ahead of Manchester United in Wolverhampton.

040C5C49-206A-4C55-9E26-A648731A8634.thumb.jpeg.2507ae0659b0ccd7439e9343d4c995df.jpeg

5223EBDF-A68D-47AD-9E2A-973C20396780.thumb.jpeg.ef86048c0082d62953724c88173ea55c.jpeg

And this is how many we have in various different cities. of course this will include some neutrals and those who want to see us fail, i'm guessing those in Glasgow are following us for reasons other than supporting us for example.

EF60A3B5-AB9B-46F9-9FF1-9B8D45BBBF2E.thumb.jpeg.b84cfe02a22571279ecc80632c7490f9.jpeg

For me it shows that as a fan base we have a lot of potential, more than most would think, some on here questioned whether or not we need a the stadium expansion but it will only help us fulfil that potential long term getting more people watching games.

Edited by Yes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1