Simoken Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 I cant believe Man Utd sold him.. MASSIVE mistake. Really gives you a glimpse at how much of a shambles that club has become.
Lionheart10 Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 Got to be one of the best ever bargain buys along with Vardy & Mahrez.
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 4 hours ago, Buce said: I doubt that it would have made UpHimselfFox any less weird if I had, Swanny. Thanks Bruce xx
st albans fox Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 3 hours ago, Simoken said: I cant believe Man Utd sold him.. MASSIVE mistake. Really gives you a glimpse at how much of a shambles that club has become. Van gaal decided he wasn't good enough
Ric Flair Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 On 14/05/2019 at 08:42, Deeg67 said: He was injured in most of those games he didn’t start, which I suppose in an inconvenient truth. He wasn't, check through those 15 games he didn't start. How many of them was he not in the squad for? I think it's less than half a dozen. It took a while for him to bed in to this team, and injuries probably didn't help but it certainly felt he was having to bide his time to break up Maguire/Morgan partnership.
Simoken Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 48 minutes ago, st albans fox said: Van gaal decided he wasn't good enough coming from someone who wasnt good enough as there manager.... jokes
Guest Col city fan Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 Like him Cool head and good positioning makes up for his lack of pace.
Vindaloo FOX Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 5 hours ago, Lionheart10 said: Got to be one of the best ever bargain buys along with Vardy & Mahrez. I would include Huth in that also.
murphy Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 10 hours ago, Buce said: I doubt that it would have made UpHimselfFox any less weird if I had, Swanny. A bit unnecessary?
HighPeakFox Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 Back on topic, I think we look a better team with Evans in it.
Vardinio'sCat Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 Imho it is Evans +1 next season when he is fit, or +2 in a back 3. According to the Mockery, played in 28 games with 11 clean sheets. Without him, 15 games with 2 clean sheets.
Deeg67 Posted 16 May 2019 Posted 16 May 2019 Also worth remembering that Evans was our best CB while playing almost all of his games on his less preferred side in order to accommodate Maguire.
Ric Flair Posted 17 May 2019 Posted 17 May 2019 9 hours ago, Deeg67 said: Also worth remembering that Evans was our best CB while playing almost all of his games on his less preferred side in order to accommodate Maguire. He's incredible, so much so i'm still not sure if he's left or right footed as he is seemingly plays out from the back with minimal fuss with either. Proper defender, hope he can keep it up for a few more years as we really do have that calming influence to put alongside Benkovic or Soyuncu should Maguire be picked off by the elite.
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 18 May 2019 Posted 18 May 2019 On 16/05/2019 at 07:32, Buce said: I doubt that it would have made UpHimselfFox any less weird if I had, Swanny. On 16/05/2019 at 18:04, murphy said: A bit unnecessary? @murphy - Don't worry, I can handle a wee bit of grief on a football forum And I'm sure @Buce is a real charmer in real life, unlike the stuff he posts on here.
HighPeakFox Posted 18 May 2019 Posted 18 May 2019 21 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said: @murphy - Don't worry, I can handle a wee bit of grief on a football forum And I'm sure @Buce is a real charmer in real life, unlike the stuff he posts on here. To defend @Buce, his contribution to one particular non - footballing thread tells you much more about him.
murphy Posted 18 May 2019 Posted 18 May 2019 33 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said: @murphy - Don't worry, I can handle a wee bit of grief on a football forum And I'm sure @Buce is a real charmer in real life, unlike the stuff he posts on here. I think that Buce is pretty sound really, despite being a fully paid up member of the Tooting Popular Front. One of the better posters on here, like yourself.
SemperEadem Posted 20 May 2019 Posted 20 May 2019 I had my doubts but after a slow start he has been excellent. He made my player of the season vote.
Ted Maul Posted 20 May 2019 Posted 20 May 2019 He's our best centre back- Man United allowed him to leave and are now considering spending £70m on our second-best centre back. Madness.
copunk Posted 20 May 2019 Posted 20 May 2019 Love him, best CB by a mile this season, just a shame age wise we wont see that many years from him as he would go down as one of our greats
mod hero Posted 31 August 2019 Posted 31 August 2019 This bloke is an unsung hero. Soyuncu, Vardy, Maddison getting all the plaudits and rightly so, but this guy just oozes class. £3m as well? It’s absolutely laughable we got him for that. Worst thing LVG did at Man Utd was selling him. 💙🦊
willie-bell-in-rothley Posted 31 August 2019 Posted 31 August 2019 On 16/05/2019 at 11:22, Lionheart10 said: Got to be one of the best ever bargain buys along with Vardy & Mahrez. Albrighton ???????????
kyleolly Posted 31 August 2019 Posted 31 August 2019 When United bought Harry I said to their fans he’s not our best defender Evans is it’s no coincidence that whoever plays with him they look quality
smitha Posted 31 August 2019 Posted 31 August 2019 Head in hands moment when he went down injured today, he is that important to us, cannot believe some people questioned him after a couple of games.
SheppyFox Posted 31 August 2019 Posted 31 August 2019 The best thing for me is we’ve bought him and he’s probably going to end his career here, less likely to lose a player like Evans at this stage than if Soyuncu has a really good season or two.
Guest ttfn Posted 21 September 2019 Posted 21 September 2019 We’ve not had a player as consistent as this since the title winning season. He puts in an 8/10 virtually every week.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.