Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

21 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

One of the most complete centre halves we've ever had. So calming and professional and composed in everything he does. 

Had a bit of bite about him today too. Looks to be fully fit and settled now. 

We like our attacking flare and that gets the plaudits from the press, but Arsenal (who let’s not forget are having a god season) would swap our entire defence for theirs in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

The season he didn’t sign and we and Man City was rumoured to be offering over 20 mill for a player his age, I’m glad we didn’t sign him, but the price we paid it’s working it’s way to being a good deal.

Some of the poor transfers in recent years this has been a bargain, and now he’s settled in, he could be an important part of our next couple of seasons, with the options at centre half, especially when the lad comes back from Celtic should be a hard position to hold down though.

5 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Had a bit of bite about him today too. Looks to be fully fit and settled now. 

We like our attacking flare and that gets the plaudits from the press, but Arsenal (who let’s not forget are having a god season) would swap our entire defence for theirs in a heartbeat.

I got shot down for saying this in the which our players would get in top 6 teams thread. Arsenal may have conceded less than we have this season but i wouldn't be wanting us to sign any of their defenders. To be fair i wouldn't sign any of their players other than Aubamayang and Ramsey. Ramsey is leaving and right now im not sure id have Aubamayang over Vardy. 

• Like 1

He is the sort of signing that gives us half a chance of ever doing something special again, I mean that because for all the young and exciting flair players you need some proven experience. He will likely be the Robert Huth of 2015/16.

Losing Maguire isn't such an unthinkable prospect with Evans here now, that said together they could really form a great partnership.

• Like 2

Think it's fair to say he's been somewhat of an unsung hero for us. And an absolute bargain too. 

Similarities to how it was Huth joined us - gave us much more organisation at the back and is very important to have that with Morgan who can be sometimes a bit lacking in that department or when Maguire is strolling forward. Even just generally defensively we look a bit more assured when he's playing. 

His experience, like Huth as well, is something that can never be underestimated. 

• Like 1