Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Fox92 said:

Should be starting. He is our best defender.

Talks to all the other players all the time, knows when to go long and not short (though his short passing is the best we have out of defence), drops deeper. He just reads the game better than Morgan and Maguire.

Discounting yesterday, Morgan seems to be more assured with Evans next to him, much like he did when Huth was there.

• Like 4

He was a class above our other CBs yesterday. I've been happy with his play recently. I'd rather have him starting than Morgan, who has dropped off a cliff after a decent start to the season, or Maguire, who is maybe carrying a knock but certainly not performing at the levels he has. 

Evans is a cool head with a good pass, even if he is too slow. I'd say he is the ideal player to be bringing our future crop of CB stars through. 

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The two of them made a pigs ear of yesterday’s defensive line .........twice .....

Yep. Like I said though, Evans knows when to drop deep (probably because he knows he isn't fast). Morgan, on the other hand, pushing up and getting caught under the ball at least twice.

Should definitely be starting ahead of Morgan. I assumed he was signed as a starter - bit of an odd one.

sir Alex named him as one of the best cbs he had at Utd of which he’s had some very good ones. 

The club probably feel that they owe Wes a starting place after what’s he’s done for the club but unfortunately he’s just not cutting it any more 

• Like 2

Thought he looked good yesterday and should be starting games. There's a reason big clubs were after him last season.

If anyone's gonna blame anyone for that last goal, it should be N'Didi who decided to ping a long ball across the pitch straight to a Wolves player when all he had to do was hold it!

We wouldn't have seen of much of Wes if Evans had got settled in, and Harry had stayed also stayed fit. We are lucky Morgan has managed keep a pretty good level in the last few months, even if he creaked horribly (along with others) against Wolves

I guess the case for Soyuncu will also be getting stronger, and I think he needs a run in the side before the end of the season, but Evans is probably the most influential and experienced CB we have.

Needs a continuous run in the team, his longest consecutive run of games this season has been 4, which also happened to coincide with what has really been our best defensive run this season

Cardiff (A) - 1-0

Burnley (H) - 0-0

Brighton (A) - 1-1

Watford (H) - 2-0

3 clean sheets in 4 games, unfortunately though it does seem like he has a thing for picking up little niggly injuries that keep him out for a week or 2, so it can be a problem for him to get a good run of games going

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I am thinking now if Puel picks Wes for the next game, I will be reluctantly joining the 'outers'.

Might as well join now because as long as Wes Morgan has 2 working legs and a contract with the club he’ll be in the starting line up.