Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thought he was partly at fault for their goal but I'd need to see it again. Apart from that he did O.K. but Huddersfield hardly bothered us second half.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thought he was partly at fault for their goal but I'd need to see it again. Apart from that he did O.K. but Huddersfield hardly bothered us second half.

Nah he was in the right position.  Amartey let his man get on the wrong side.

 

Evans played one shit ball early on but that aside, I thought he was very good today.

Posted
1 minute ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Give him time. Fergie rated him highly and he knew a thing or two about football so that is a good enough endorsement for me to give him a decent run.

Fergie also rated Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba. The man is a legend but he didn't get everything right. Having said that, I'd like to see Evans get a decent run of games now.

Posted

I thing the biggest difference in his display today was that because Amartey was alongside him he was never exposed for pace in a 1 on 1 like he was against Wolves when Ricardo played. 

 

I really like Ricardo and am not convinced by Amartey but compared to recent games we looked much better defensively. We still need to find a balance though as solid though Amartey was, he doesn’t offer anything going forward. Chilwell shows us how it’s done if you ask me!

 

Evans was solid other than for the corner. 

Posted

Söyüncü

2 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Looks like his confidence is shot but was better today. Maguire class as ever but we need to pick a partner for him and stick with it so we can get some consistency at the back.

 

Pretty much this. 

 

As long as it's not the legend that is Wes. Love Captain Morgan, but he should only be used as a back up now.

Evans or the Turkish Maldini to partner Harry for me – as long as Söyüncü is as good as we've (or I have, at least) been led to believe. 

Posted
2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Fergie also rated Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba. 

Yeah and we rated Akinbiyi, that`s the way it goes ...

 

Posted

Really? Thought he had a better second half but thought he still looked quite poor. Gave the ball away and came forward to press the Hudds front-line and left gaps in behind.

Posted
2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Fergie also rated Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba. The man is a legend but he didn't get everything right. Having said that, I'd like to see Evans get a decent run of games now.

Yeah but he sussed out his mistake with those guys. He played Evans for many years. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Otis said:

Don't think he put a foor wrong today, solid performance.

You didn’t see him pass to their forward from a simple 10 yard pass?

 

but I’d still keep him in over Morgan.  Not sure today is a good barometer as they are awful 

Posted

Shows how bias people are... should have conceded two goals, woeful first half and gave the ball away badly. 

 

Thinking @davieG assessment post preseason was correct now sadly.

Posted
11 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Yeah but he sussed out his mistake with those guys. He played Evans for many years. 

And sold him 

Posted

I'm also surprised people are praising him so much. Thought he looked very mediocre and against someone other than the worst attack in the league he could have punished much more.

 

I'm not writing him off yet, but first impressions are he's not the answer to your defensive problems.

Posted
4 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Fergie also rated Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba. The man is a legend but he didn't get everything right. Having said that, I'd like to see Evans get a decent run of games now.

And Veron. And Forlan. And Taibi. As you say, hes a legend but he did sign some utter tripe at times!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...