Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

Might as well join now because as long as Wes Morgan has 2 working legs and a contract with the club he’ll be in the starting line up.

Let’s wait and see.  This could be Puel’s death wish.

Maguire offers more going forward and Morgan has actually been decent most of the season, but Evans is certainly the best central defender we have at actually stopping scoring chances.

To be fair, Evans has had a lot of nagging injuries all season starting in camp, or he would have played more.  I think Evans should be playing every week if he’s healthy but as long as the opponent isn’t pacey up front, Morgan has been fine.

Edited by Deeg67

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Maguire offers more going forward and Morgan has actually been decent most of the season, but Evans is certainly the best central defender we have at actually stopping scoring chances.

To be fair, Evans has had a lot of nagging injuries all season starting in camp, or he would have played more.  I think Evans should be playing every week if he’s healthy but as long as the opponent isn’t pacey up front, Morgan has been fine.

I wouldn’t say Morgan has been decent for most of the season. He started off shaky as **** plus the two red cards . He then had a handfull of games where he was probably  our best defender but the last few matches he’s been ropey again 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

I wouldn’t say Morgan has been decent for most of the season. He started off shaky as **** plus the two red cards . He then had a handfull of games where he was probably  our best defender but the last few matches he’s been ropey again 

He's on the wind down. Evans and Soyuncu/Maguire/Benny is my shout for next year's pairing.

• Like 1

I think Evans is currently our best centre back.

As much as I love Wes, watching him at times this season reminds me of watching Mike Tyson when he was coming out fighting against Danny Williams and Kevin McBride. Two fighters he would have knocked out in his peak within a minute but got beat by both. I felt sorry for the legend that is Tyson back then and yesterdays performance when Wes looked like he couldnt jump for a cross he was defending or running in the wind was really hard to see. Its now at the point where I feel sorry for the bloke. I know he is our skipper and I know Soyuncu hasnt worked out as planned but for the love of god, give him a coaching role and bring back Benkovic so he can integrate with his team mates for the back end of this season and more importantly the start of next. 

• 3 months later...