Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jonny Evans

15 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

He's suited to playing teams outside the top 6, which is where we are as a team anyways so not sure why we should be concerned about his ability against a team like Arsenal, when in reality its not just him but the whole team who will struggle against such a quality side. I think he's a bargain and will atleast do for us very nicely this season.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't focus too much on how defenders fair against strike forces worth about £200m? You won't fit in around here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/11/2018 at 10:09, Lovejoy said:

Haters gonna hate, but this fella is quietly impressing me.

Four of our five clean sheets this season have been when he’s played.

I think he's doing okay and I'm no more worried about him starting than I am about Wes starting but you can't just make statements like that without mentioning that those teams are shit offensively.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:18, The Doctor said:

Better defensively but the amount of times the ball was dropping to him with time and he just hit it away, conceding possession... Still not seeing how this guy is any improvement on Huth. 

No-one could be an improvement on Huth. He kept us in the Prem and then won us the title. He was as important as Kanté and more important than Mahrez and Vardy.

59 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think he's doing okay and I'm no more worried about him starting than I am about Wes starting but you can't just make statements like that without mentioning that those teams are shit offensively.

No-one could be an improvement on Huth. He kept us in the Prem and then won us the title. He was as important as Kanté and more important than Mahrez and Vardy.

Praise indeed!

Class player.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Not necessarily a standout performer on Saturday but another clean sheet with Evans at the back. Going to be interesting when Harry Mag is fit again to see if Claude tinkers or sticks with the current partnership.

I know we've played some average to poor teams, but I've felt far more comfortable with those two at the back than with Maguire of late. We conceded a few chances Saturday, but most of them wouldn't have even happened if we could pass to a blue shirt second half.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Morgan and Evans seems to be working, they seemed more assured when partnered with each other. Love Maguire but don't think he should come straight back into the side... 

Matches come thick and fast now, so he’ll rest Wes I would imagine for a couple at least and bring back Harry and bleed in Soyunco a bit more too. Personally like the idea of Evans Harry and Soyunco in a back three whilst we have wing backs in RP and BC but all of a sudden if we are lookin*for ball playing centre backs we are currently looking in good shape, having four including what we have out on loan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Matches come thick and fast now, so he’ll rest Wes I would imagine for a couple at least and bring back Harry and bleed in Soyunco a bit more too. Personally like the idea of Evans Harry and Soyunco in a back three whilst we have wing backs in RP and BC but all of a sudden if we are lookin*for ball playing centre backs we are currently looking in good shape, having four including what we have out on loan.

I think we need that cover ...   Wes is almost ready to go to pasture, one of the new ones may not make the grade (although looking good) ...   and Harry could realistically go at any time.  Lets hope Evans stays consistent !!

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I think we need that cover ...   Wes is almost ready to go to pasture, one of the new ones may not make the grade (although looking good) ...   and Harry could realistically go at any time.  Lets hope Evans stays consistent !!

I agree and am a big believer in the two players for every position philosophy.

I think what concerns me most is that we are missing 2 starting players around the pitch currently and as a result are starting both DM’s and sometimes 9’s rather than leaving them on the bench to pressure the starting 11 for places.

• Like 3

On 13/11/2018 at 18:26, Bert said:

Shock horror a player that has spent the majority of his career at Man Utd is technically very good. Great touch, great vision and ability to read the game. Comfortable on the Ball. It’s such a surprise. 

well it didnt apply to Rooney....

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this; there hasn't been any news or anything - I just felt it necessary to express that I like Jonny Evans and wanted to share that with all of you.

Great signing and to me, now he's had a few games, he does look like he's got some running left in him.

If you're reading Jonny (and let's be honest, its January so he's daily googling his name......possibly the following "jonny evans" "]anuary move" "Manchester united"), then just know that I think you're doing alright mate and I hope you stick around.

• Like 1